Porchlight is on Vol 170 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jan 9, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Don't know what happened to Kathleen's Vol 170? I'll delete

this ifin' it shows back up.

JOE
    [This Message was Edited on 01/11/2008]
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I'm new the Front Porch and I'm trying to figure out everyone from vol. 169. Geesh, I had a hard time keeping up with all of you! LOL.

Well, I'm going to cuddle up with my blankie and just enjoy the fire.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Kathleen it is ok, they delte button doesn't give a warning "are you sure you want to delete this" We have all been guilty of losing posts into cyberspace.

I am one of 2 Carla's here, most call me CK. I do stained glass and have been working on a foundation for mental health awareness.

But last week, I thought I was 20 again and tried to dig a ditch and fractured my back. My MRI is Mon. I have had osteo of the spine for at least 20 years. So I am not surprised, just mad.

I was due for a change of pace, so gang I am going to get out my art books and sketch pad. I did get the water hose out today to wash the leaves out of the ditch, and gave a girls a walk.

Does anyone watch Wife Swap- It is on now and I just can not imagine why anyone would want to do this? But I like to watch it anyway :)

So I am going to slide down a little further on the couch and settle in.

Linda check in wiff us when you can and tell Kylob I hope she is settled into her own place-

See Vol 169 if ya missed it- later Carla
  4. monica33flowers

Hey I saw your note what cervical spots did they perform the epidural on? I'm going in for my third CT guided epidural next week for the C4-C5 nerve root block. Two months ago they did the C2 & C3 and I had a problem with the anesthetic - it didn't work. Finally, after getting pretty upset with him he stopped the procedure and added more anesthetic and it went like a breeze.

I bet this epidural will work great for you. The injection that worked the best for me was the least painful.[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]

Sheepwrestler: If you don't mind me asking what happened to your roof?

Carla: I sure hope your back heals.....will you have to have surgery or wear a back brace? Gosh, I'm so sorry for all that extra pain, hon![This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]

PS: Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm really going to enjoy this board![This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So glad to see you here this evening. Linda gave you a wonderful explanation about the Porch. It's the greatest !! Just grab your blankie and snuggle up next to the fire. We also have some hot toddies waiting for those who are cold.

Geez - Linda, that train noise must have been scarey since you do not live anywhere close to a railroad station. I cannot believe you had so much wind and noise and it wasn't a tornado. I surely am glad it wasn't though. I have not been around one but around here they say that is what it sounds like, a train coming through.

Hope that poor Kylob gets to feeling better soon and that they take out those tubes pdq !!Hope also that they do not want to send her home to quickly though either. She is so lucky to have a good friend like yoou Linda. Wow, you could almost walk to the hospital.

CK - Hope you aren't feeling to badly !

Joe - Thanks for starting us up again !!!

Hi also to Joan. Hope you are doing better after taking down all your Christmas stuff.

Gotta run now as DH NEEDS the computer again !!

Love to all,

Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Linda I am sorry Kylob's day 2 was worse, do they have her on a pump as well? I had forgot your epidural was today, doesn't sound like fun. Then go sit with with buddy, you are a true trooper, you get a star today.

My Dr asked if I wanted to go back to the paiin clinc and I said, I wasn't impressed with them and the MRI tests last summer said they was some damage but not enough for them to treat. I have a MRI report from 1999 that states I have congentail stenosis, my Dr was the Dir of Nuerosurgey for MCV in VA. But these Dr's don't mention it. My Dr saw the report and said that is odd and may have a third party read my MRI's from last summer and the one's coming up Mon.

Welcome new commers, just jump in anytime. Well my Missy wants out so gotta get up- I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow. Carla
  7. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

It is so nice to find myself back onto your porch. I'm wrapped up in my blankie and sipping some delicious hot coffee this morning.

Thank you Mrdad for bailing me out here. When I went to edit my original post starting a new volume, I hit delete instead of edit...then poooof it was gone! Thank you for the warm welcome.

Carla, no more digging those ditches, girl! Even without existing back troubles digging can wreak havok on any one. Just a note...I borke 3 of my lumbar vertebrae back in April and am still feeling it!

Lincamp, it is nice to meet you. Tell your friend Kylob that I look forward to meeting her to as soon as she recovers....which I'm praying is very soon.

Granni, it is nice to meet you also. I read alot of your posts and do enjoy them. You are a very well-spoken lady.

Now....I hope you all will forgive me when I forget to address someone on here. My memory is so feeble....LOL. What I have to do is handwrite every one's name after I read the post and jot a comment down beside the name.

Oh yea, I almost forgot my fellow newbie, Monica! It is good to see ya here. I am looking forward to getting to know you.
  8. Granniluvsu

Good morning everyone !! At least here it is morning but slept late with lots ot do. I have to get dressed and then go out with DH for awhile.

Kathleen - Glad you are making yourself comfy here on this wonderful porch. Oh thank you so much for your sweet complement. Sometimes I think I write better than I speak esp since this FM, etc, etc, I can at least edit it if I choose . However, I usually have to go back to check my typos first which I don't always do. I see from the pic on your bio that you are anotherr pretty young lady. You may not think you are young, BUT I DO ! It is really ashame for it (these DD's) to rob so many young people of their hopes and dreams. I have had mine for over 25 years and have just been living with it and trying to do wht I can.

This board has shown me how lucky am as so many are so much worse off then I. So, I try to keep busy, happy (I said try) and thankful for what I can do which is alot more than some. It is also not to easy sometimes not to be depressed with constandt pain. I have some of your fatigue but have mostly the pain. Good grief I am compaining again.

Hi to all and hopes this finds Kylob doing better, you to Lindam Mrdad, Rock, Marta and CK. DH is back and I need to get dressed and do some errands.

Hope Monica is still here to getting to know everyone even though so far it looks like a very sleep porch. Have to also remember those on the "left coast" and their time difference.

Sorry so short !

Warm hugs to all,

Granni
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the new porchers. This is a nice, relaxing place to visit.

MrDad, I am delighted to hear that you were in Our Town. Did you play the part of the paperboy? You know it is America's most popular play. It is astonishing that it is so different from Wilder's Skin of Our Teeth. Of course he won Pulitzer prizes for both.

Barry, Gordon started w/ cymbidiums and now has many other varieties including oncidiums, dendrobiums, phalaenopsis and epidedndrums. We saw Twinkles at the last orchid show we went to; very cheerful little plant.

Hope you are no longer grumpy (or Sleepy or Dopey) and have all your utilities working. Do you have a water pump in your house?

Put Mike Harrison on my list, Marta. Just started reading a mystery wherein the main character is a caterer. The mystery is so-so, but the recipes in the back of the book look delicious.

I think the author is a little pretentious tho. Everything calls for unsalted butter; then you add sea salt or kosher salt. And you can't just add cheese. You have to use 3 different kinds, one of which I never heard of before.

In answer to what is Gordon cooking, Carla, he just finished a spicy stew that took two days to prepare. Since Norwegians don't eat anything spicer than whipped cream, I am not touching it. He is taking it to his office.

Oh, oh, forgot to do this in my mailbox. I'd better quit before it vanishes in a puff of frustration.

Linda, hope you and Kylob soon feel better.

Big Queen Elizabeth waves to everydobby else.

Rock

10. monica33flowers

all the best and for a speedy recovery! I'm sorry she is feeling horrible. Maybe today she will be better.

CKBall: I see you do stained glass. I did that as well for many years and I've been wanting to start that hobby again. But since I have cats (glass shards) I think I better find a better hobby. LOL.

Granni: Hello, nice to meet you. I LOVE hot totties! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Rockgor: I just adore orchids! My problem is too many cats....they think it is a new play toy! LOL. the poor orchid is shredded in less than 24 hours so I just enjoy pictures or seeing my friends orchids. That spicy stew sounds wonderful! I just love spice! LOL.

Well, I sure am enjoying the Front Porch ---- Thank you all for the warm welcome!
  11. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

as well, I have been reading about all of you for a while, and I think I would like to sit with ya'll for a bit.
    Bevy
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

Welcome Bev, we have had serveral newbies this week and we love to meet new people, so come on it.

Rock I lol at your comment about Gordon doesn't do anything spicier than whipped cream, I may be a little spicey at times, but I do not do spicey food. I have hamburger thawing and am going to make baked spaghetti today. I have serveral small corning ware dishes and make it and freeze them so I don't have to eat it for a week

Monica- I have 2 dogs and don't worry about the glass too much, I have a small art studio in my house, my business is named Carla's Stained Glass Creations and Carla Ball is my real name

I got a email yesterday from a lady that wants me to make a stained glass wedding cake toppper of a bride and groom. I have passed her on to one of my other glass freinds
    because I just don't want to do it right now.

Georgia did you really climb up on your roof??? I love having my own house but at times it is just so much stuff to deal with. I hope you don't have too much damage in your bath room. Are you still quilting up a storm.

Linda how are you and Kylob today?

Mrdad have things calmed down on the left coast? How is the tummy?

I know I missed someone but didn't play it safe and am winging it and can't go back and look to see who I missed.

Newbies-my secret to posting is I open wordpad and post so I can go back and forth, then if it is lost in cyberspace I still have it saved.

I hope everyone is having a good day-Carla

13. Granniluvsu

Hi Bev - How nice to see you here on the porch today. It is so nice and comfy here. Monica and Kaathleen are new here as well. Hope you all will love it here and visit as often as you can.

Georgia - Nice to see you. I don't think I have seen you here for awhile or else I just missed seeing you (nothing strange about that). You have been doing what I have been doing some of lately - losing posts. I know also that Joan, and Rock know alot about that besides me - losing the posts I mean, NOT retrieving them.

CK - I know it must have hurt you to have to turn down that lady who asked you todo a topper for a wedding cake but glad you did. Sometimes you just have to do what is best even if you don't want to do it - like me quitting that one singing group I was in for a year or so. Hope you aren't feeling to badly now.

Rock - I also loved what you said about Gordon's cooking - that he is spiciest food is whipped cream or something along that order. That is hysterical. We like some spicey foods, esp after living in LA for two years. Learned to eat cajun stuff and , gumbo crawfish and lots of good spicy things.,. You have to get your tastebuds revved up and used to that !!

Mrdad - How is your tummy doing? Anything new on that front. Hope you are not having to many problems with it and that they find the cause quickly and treat it 24/7.

Linda say hi to Kylob and hope you both start feeling better soon and she gets over her surgery in a timely manner.

Well, all I have to run now and get my stuff ready to bring to a couple of friends who have had lots of medical problems. We are bringing them dinner and will chat and have a drink or two. Thank God for Stouffers Frozen Lasagna garlic breae and sald. Also some of those little choc eclairs for dessert that I had in the freezer from Sams. The easier the better for me.

Hi also to all I have missed and those peaking in the bushes again.

Hugs and blessings to all,

Granni

14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

The 60 degree days are a memory and once again it's COLD with snow tonight. For some reason, I've been colder this winter than I can ever remember. 'Spose it's the vitamin D?

Wonderful new "faces" on the Porch! Welcome to Kathleen, Monica and Bevy. You have your own chairs with the touch of a key(board). Wasn't that easy? Don't worry about making too much sense of the Porch although we often do tell the truth. ;>) You'll be an old hand in no time.

About those disappearing posts; I've discovered that if I'm in the middle of one and I dare to go back to look at a profile, it's a guaranteed loss! BLAM. Gone.

Linda, OUCH! I'm sorry you had so much pain with your test but what a wonderful friend you are to Kylob - and to us. Please tell her she's one lucky woman to have you in her life. Knowing you a little bit you'll no doubt say you're lucky to have her too.

Marilyn, I think you deserve your own computer and you can tell hubby I said so. ;>)

Rock, I hope you 1.) find and 2.) like Mike Harrison. I'm always on the lookout for a good author who doesn't write War and Peace, if you know what I mean. I've also read the caterer's books (with Goldy as the main character and the cooking husband, son and young friend?) and agree that the recipes are a bit pretentious. I know there must be a good reason but I've never understood why we're supposed to use unsalted butter and then add butter to the recipe. I've ignored it with great success.

Georgia, seems as if there've been a lot of disappearing posts lately so join the club and snuggle into your blanket.

Carla ck, not only are you a glass artist but you're a wonderful one. My granddaughters can tell you that. Won't it be a little tricky to keep the weight down on the stained glass cake topper or isn't that a concern? Now, will you please be STILL and rest??

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone ---- oh wait! JoeDad! Have you recovered from your trip yet, Joe?

I'm going in to put on another sweater. See you later. I'll come back with something hot to drink.

Hugs all around the Porch, to those near and far,

Marta

15. bct

bct Well-Known Member

or lost it, or whatever happens.

So this will be quick.
    I just fired my Neurologist!

Rock: Tell Gordon I want his orchids and his stew! Although perhaps I should ask what's in it first...
    As to my water situation, I pump from a well. A nice plumber came and fixed it yesterday. The pump had gotten confused apparently, and was pumping water into the well, rather than out. Don't understand it myself, and when he tried to explain it to me I just blanked out and nodded dumbly.

To all others, best wishes, and I feel that I better post this before it vanishes.

Oh yes, is anyone else on the porch a gardener? If so (and having even only one house-plant qualifies you) what are your gardening plans for '08? As for myself, I am perusing catalogues, deciding what tomatoes to try. I always grow five or six in giant pots, and plant ornamentals at the base.

Out for now, I'm pulling my sleepy-rag over my head for a while.

Barry

Regards
  16. ckball

ckball New Member

but the girls are out for their last potty and the yard would make a nice frog pond. Rain,bad rain.

I just got out of the tub and it felt so good....until I got out- really I'm fine..as long as I lean to the left and don't stand up straight

I am glad that Kylob is sitting pretty in pink. How many more days will she have to stay?

Linda how is your back today and diff with the shot you got yesterday? I did spend an hour out in the yard making a ditch with a water hose, it worked. This clay is so soft and sloppy you can push it with a forceful water hose. I figured you fight fire with fire why not water with water.

THen caught up with some phone calls and looks at houses on line. I am going to work tomorrow, It is a peice of cake

Hello to Barry I think I missed your last post but welcome to the board

Well just as I thought the girls are ready to come back in and I have 8 little paws to clean. Then on to bed- so nite-nite all and sweeet dreams-Carla
  17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i guess just hit with some tiredness and memory loss again....

i start college on monday...i think it has me in the dumps right now...just so darn tired of fighting the system to try to get my student loan, financial aid and my academic scholarship reinstated...then i open up more mail to hear i am on probation for my eops for book grants....

all because i was trying to take care of myself after being raped in february...it makes me so darn mad to sit hear and think about how those two men are sitting pretty and not bothered by what they did to me..and the da let off those idiots...not enough evidence...oh well

i had to have my psychologist write up another letter for the college...so tomarrow i have to remember to pick it up....i need it for monday...i am dreading that process...

sorry for venting...just letting you know i am a bit tired of paperwork up other things.

kylob i wish you a speedy recovery on your surgery...glad you have linda to help out with you.

ck sorry about your darn back...i guess you are not wonder woman for awhile like normal...you are amazing to me.

joe hope all is well with your health as well.

rock you still are as sharp as a tack.

granni what a kind soul you have for helping out your friends for dinner in their time of need.

marta you know how that weather is in michigan...every 5 minutes it changes.

still trying to remember the other new porchie sorry i forgot your name...but i will get back to you soon, welcome anyways...my brain is way foggy today...depression i suppose.

well good night for now..

oh georgia they have a store on 4th street in san rafael, ca that sells vintage clothing...i go in there every now and again just to look...maybe you could find some other nice garments to add to your quilt from there.

good night for real now..

hugs to all the porchies

jodie
  18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i guess just hit with some tiredness and memory loss again....

i start college on monday...i think it has me in the dumps right now...just so darn tired of fighting the system to try to get my student loan, financial aid and my academic scholarship reinstated...then i open up more mail to hear i am on probation for my eops for book grants....

all because i was trying to take care of myself after being raped in february...it makes me so darn mad to sit hear and think about how those two men are sitting pretty and not bothered by what they did to me..and the da let off those idiots...not enough evidence...oh well

i had to have my psychologist write up another letter for the college...so tomarrow i have to remember to pick it up....i need it for monday...i am dreading that process...

sorry for venting...just letting you know i am a bit tired of paperwork up other things.

kylob i wish you a speedy recovery on your surgery...glad you have linda to help out with you.

ck sorry about your darn back...i guess you are not wonder woman for awhile like normal...you are amazing to me.

joe hope all is well with your health as well.

rock you still are as sharp as a tack.

granni what a kind soul you have for helping out your friends for dinner in their time of need.

marta you know how that weather is in michigan...every 5 minutes it changes.

still trying to remember the other new porchie sorry i forgot your name...but i will get back to you soon, welcome anyways...my brain is way foggy today...depression i suppose.

well good night for now..

oh georgia they have a store on 4th street in san rafael, ca that sells vintage clothing...i go in there every now and again just to look...maybe you could find some other nice garments to add to your quilt from there.

good night for real now..

hugs to all the porchies

jodie
  19. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i could not remember your name, but i had to go look back and find it...welcome to the porch...we have some fun times here and some supporting times as well..

hugs

jodie
  20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it does not look like cody will be living w/me during school years...if he goes to l.a. school it is about 5-8 drive away from san francisco area where we live.

if he gets into uc santa cruz about 3 hour drive....that used to be his #1 choice, he applied to sac state, sonoma state and chico state...

sonoma he could commute to their like i am hoping to do soon in about a year...

i figure when cody goes to school...i will most likely pick up a heavier load of classes to help fill some down time to myself.

i met a local police officer last night, he gave me his business card and told me to call him....today...i had not...just sort of stuck in should i call him or not...nice man and all 40 years old..plays guitar and sings in a band...

he remembered me from the last time he played here locally..

i had a beer w/him last night at finnegan's then left to go pick up a friend that has back pain and took her meds...i told him i was going to another bar so she could sing karoke....

so he showed up where we were...he told me he came over there becasue he wanted to spend some time with me...

he met my friend and they both ended up singing in a duet on the stage...yes, they were the best. he told me to call him...does that mean he wants to go on a date w/me...i am so out of the signs of he wants a date w/me....

i know he wanted to go karoke w/us at other place's...my friend told me to call him today....

well i guess i still my friend that is an architect on my mind...he owns his business, has a movie part, and finishing up on a ms in architect...so he is busy...he told me some things as in, "i don't think i see an ending to him and i." then states well everything comes to and end...

well too much to go into...but he also stated that he does not have time for a relationship at this point because of all of the above....

we have spent more time together at his place hot tubbing and having deep conversations...he is a brilliant man, he does not want to get married or have children....he has seen his father get married 5 times...

so any ways just do like him, but trying not to get too wrapped up in him....maybe in a year things will be different but not sure...

he says he does not ever date many women...he has not been w/many women at all...i just wonder what makes me so special? he is afraid that at time some woman are only after his money...i told him i don't care about his money i have my own...

well here i go again....venting....i guess letting you all know where my head may be at in my life...

i have ssa problems...they shorted me on cody's benies cause someone lost or didn't do the paperwork that states cody is still in high school....

plus i need to get attorney to fight for money they never gave me...it is so crazy.....

jodie