Porchlight is On Vol. 176 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hay Kids!

We're here!! Wew! Hope I didn't trap anyone on the otherside

of things!

JOE[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/26/2008]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Did you put yours on low for high for how long just for approximation. I think I just sent you another small oone on the other volume (sorry Mrd (-: !!

Mrdad - thanks for starting us up again. Just got home and have lots to do before I go out tonight.

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

DHL just delivered my DSL that I'll hookup ASAP!

P.S. Means lots faster silly crap from me!
    Ya excited?
  4. Granniluvsu

Depending on when I start it , I may start it on hi for a bit and then put it on low. Hope it turns out as yoummy as it sounds.

Thanks alot. Just found out I have another couple to 10 now. So may have to add mroe of something. See how the consistency is.

Gotta go fix some pizza and then off to choir ractice. I am so confused between this dinner and the party which still in a mess ( due to two meetings DH is suppoosed to go to on his bday). May have to do some time changing. ugh !!

[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2008]
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This is accomplice Rock. Did you get your DSL hooked up, MrD? With regard to your question on an indoor stadium in Wisconsin, I couldn't find any rationale on the net for failure to build one.

I did, however, find the following examples of Wisconsin thinking:

La Crosse
    # It is illegal to tie up your horse along Third Street (Now a major bar strip).
    # It is illegal to display an unclothed mannequin in a store window.
    # It is illegal to play checkers in public.
    # You cannot "worry a squirrel."

I grew up 45 miles from LaCrosse.

Kylob, yes, Ricky Martin used to belong to Menudo. One of my coworkers, an elegant 40 y/o beauty named Eva who was from Nicaragua, was enamored w/ him. So was her daughter. I said, "But he's gay." She said, "I know. I don't care."

I got them replicas of his driver's license. My coworker kept both for herself.

No, I didn't know statins had anything to do w/ cholesterol, Linda. When I was a kid there was no such thing as cholesterol. But margin used to be illegal in both Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I remember that yellow shortening that Marta mentioned. It's not on the market anymore, right?

Have you been reading Julius Caesar lately, Marta? Vini, vidi, vici.

Who is Jean Pierre, Barry? Your middle name? Your surname? Your maiden name? Your aka? Well, a berry by any other name...

I hope you have better luck w/ the dentist than I did, Carla. I got plates I wore for 2 years. Now they are painful. I am reluctant to spend thousands for new ones since there is no guarantee that they will work any better.

How did that sleepover go, Linda? I seem to recall from Mama's Family that girls having a sleepover call up boys, giggle and hangup.

I understand that Wasaabi beans are hard to find. Kinda like the beans that will grow into a beanstalk.

Booksale at the library this afternoon. Haven't decided if I'll go or not.

Gordon went to an orchid club meeting Tues. night. 3-D slides of beautiful flowers.

Cheers to everydobby else, Jodi and Sweetie and Granni, et. al.

Das ist alles.

6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

SI h oi mu s h fas er et es?

Luv e t o il readi !!

7. rockgor

We can always count on you to be the voice of clarity crying like the turtle dove in the wilderness of our modern din and confusion.

Perhaps you are now ready to move on to esperanto. A hopeful sign.

Here's a little joke from the net. Two translators met on an ocean liner:

Hello. Can you swim?

Not really. But I can call for help in six languages.

Addio, auf wiedersehen, adieux, Adios, Cheerio, Ha det bra

8. ckball

ckball New Member

Not alot going on-other than my teeth are still being held hostage. Now I have had to call off work for tomorrow so HOPEFULLY I can get them. If the boil advisory is still going on then I have to wait until MON!-not a happy camper right now.

I had planned on doing a little shopping, Value City has winter coats 40% off and I need a new coat for riding and walking in the winter. My luck all the good ones be gone before I make it.

I am going to start a watercolor painting today. I read some of my books yesterday to refresh my memory and hope I can still do it. Do you remember the beautiful sunset I posted awhile back, all sky no trees. That is what I am going to try to do.

My brain is still foggy and not feeling too witty today so I am just going to say a big ole HEY to everyone and go start my painting. I got all my stuff out yesterday so I am ready to go, now gotta find the broom to get these cob webs out of my brain-have a good day everyone-Carla
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

We have a new Post Vol. 176 as you have probably now noticed.
    I should have gone back yesterday and (Closed) out the Post.
    Do you still love me? I know you will forgive me 'cause that's how you are. So glad to see you almost each day on the
    Porch. Take care. Your OUR Girl!!

10. rockgor

orchlight is on Vol 175 (Closed) 01/19/08 02:03 PM

Was I Missed?? 01/24/08 02:30 PM

Our daughter was here for a week and somehow, things weren't as organized as when just DH and me are here. All I ever did was open comkp. and let forwards download -- now I have tons!!

oh yes, I spent 35 min. on the phone with someone from our internet server. I was so embarassed - I hjad to keep asking to repeat everything. I finalily asked him wghere he was located. In Lousiana - sorry folks if that's where you are. Couldn't understand him,

Kylob - sos glad you are felling better and those ornery staples are out.

I have a BC cookbook that i got as a shower gift 58 years ago and it is still great!

Ever have ham loaf? I got some from the locker and had it when D. was home.

That's enough for now. it was -7 when I went out to shovel and to clean the snow off the car. Never got aboue 5 all day!
  11. Granniluvsu

Joan - I was wondering how you were . I am glad that you just had company and weren't able to do your usual visiting with us. BRRRR, you surely do have freezing weather. It was yucky today and very windy, cloudy and spritzing some. Was pretty cold this morning but the wind was what made it feel so bad. This evening or should I say late afternoon I was doing some shopping, the bank ther,mometer said it was 50 degrees but it still felt pretty cold to me.. Tomorrow is not not supposed to be very good either I hear. It has been very cold in the overnight hours and when we wake up. Today was in the 30's. I know that is hot next to you, Linda , Kylob and others. Don't know how you all stand it !! Guess you just don't have a choice do you (-: !! I was brought up in NY. You would never know it (-: !!

Kylob - Glad you are doing OK and got your stitches out finally.

CK - Have you been skating on that pond when you weren't supposed to (-: ?? Hope you got yourself a nice warm coat? I got 2 good jacketts with hoods on sale. One was a reversible jacket at Wally World for $10. They I went to Palai Royal and got one on the 70 or 75 % sale. It looks like leather and is lined (in black) and goes past the waist, almost mid thingh I thin. it was originally $65 or so and I got it for $15. You can even wash it. I was surprised that anything was left over. The ones I really wanted were much more than I wanted to spend, esp since I will have to pay for DH party.

Linda - or whoever was asking about the party. The dinner is this sunday and his party is the next sataurday. I will be so glad when it is over. Still some confusion about the meetings he is supposed to go to that weekend (the day and the time.) I had to go to 3 stores to try and get those vegetable boullion cubes. Still trying to figure out if I should try and double it in the soup pot. Not sure how much the crockpot holds

Hi Rock , did Gordon get some new shirts at the thrift shop? I know you cana get some wonderful buys there. I have but not recently. Good j9ob moving over Joans post to this volume. I still don't really know how to cut and paste or copy and paste. Some showed me how to do it once and I have forgotten.

Mrd - wh at cra z langu age ar u writ en any who?? We r crazy enuf f alred ee. Try in 2 fig ur wat u wer sayin??? I 'mm mixd upp enuff !!

ave so much stuff do to so I had better take off.

Blessings and hugs to all,

12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---it's the Bill Gates wonderful addition to my Mac 'puter!
    Have you noticed my one and two word sentences on my Posts
    since the Microsoft improvements? Tried to phone Billy Boy
    up in Washington yesterday but he isn't actively involved in
    the Company anymore. But he didn't leave until he had taken
    one last act against we fine an appreciative MAC users! He never heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
    I'm not even gonna attempt to download the "new and improved"
    E-mail they are offering. Marta did it, and wear is she? Poor
    Dear! Haven't even heard from "Sophie" all week! So sad.

Linda, ya still tired? You've been doin' a lot lately too.
    All this Med evaluation is as tiring as the illness itself.
    Have you spoken to Kylob today? I'm sure you have. Maybe she'll be on the PORCH tomorrow. I see that it is awful cold
    back there. People are complaining in the Bay Area about being in the '40's and '30's! We're spoiled out here!!!

Carla, hang in there until you can get things resolved! Sug-
    gest that you implore your neighbor wiff the aggressive dog
    to do a "lay down" protest on the road in an attempt to halt
    that heavy equipment from leveling the trees! That might
    take care of at least ONE of the problems in that Hallow!!

It's been raining today and more is on the way. But, I like
    it as it helps fill the reservoirs and keeps the skiers out
    of Town for the weekend. Tahoe, get ready with those "ALL
    You Can Eat Buffets"! Oh, gotta go! Think I have a call
    from Bill Gates comin' in over my tin can and 600 mile
    string! Now that's technology that works, Bill!

[This Message was Edited on 01/24/2008]
  13. rockgor

Sorry to hear your tin can telefunken misfired.

I just had a message from Bill Gates. He is still trying to get ahold of you. Says you two have important things to discuss.

Please e mail him:

14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

--- that both Hewlett-Packcard and the two young men that
    Started Sierra-Nevada Brewery both did so in Garages! Think
    how different things could have turned out if all four had
    shared the SAME garage! Maybe nothing.

A big hello to the Gordon! No three day weekend again this
    weekend. Ya know, MLK and I almost share a B'Day, but they
    never closed any banks "por moi"! Next year I'm gonna have
    those notices of closure printed up and put on the bank door
    anyway! (Don't think Martin would mind, do you?)

Lots of MIA's. Wonder ifin' it is the KOLD weather?

Bye 4 now,
  15. jinlee

jinlee Member

Did everyone go home? I don't usually post on chitchat usually because I have nothing to say. Definitely chitchat board is much more fun nowadays than other sites here at the moment. No offense to anyone intended.

I was hoping to find a party still going on, got to stay up all night, have a sleep study in the morning at 8 a.m.

Strange I know but since I can't sleep at night they want me in the morning and to stay awake all night. So I was hoping to party.

Well, maybe some other evening.....

16. rockgor

How did your sleep study go? I had one several years ago. The experience was boring, and I never did find out the results.

I see you play the viola. If you go to

you can find three pages of viola jokes.

For example, what is the difference between a viola and a violin?

You can tune the violin.

17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

What I'm gonna tell you now is almost on the equivalent par
    to the the historic words "Houston, we have a problem."

OK. In my quest for financial independence, I procured a DSL
    modem for faster internet speed and re-activated my desktop
    printer. My hopes of marketing my new product, however, has
    been beset with a frustrating inability to adjust a visually
    acceptable shade of green with an obviously incompatible pale
    facial shade on Ulysis Grant!

But, I'm gonna keep workin' on it Kids! Chow!

18. rockgor

and you will get yourself a grant for free board and room at a federal institution.

Here's a little humor to soothe your disappointment.

A big-city counterfeiter decided the best place to pass off his phony $18 bills would be in some small hick Texas town. So, he got into his new wheels and off he went.

He found a tiny town with a single store. He entered the store and handed one of the bogus bills to the man behind the counter. "Can you change this for me, please?" he said.

The store clerk looked at the $18 bill a short time, then smiled and told the man, "Ah reckon so, Mister. Ya want 2 nines or 3 sixes?"

19. bct

bct Active Member

Hi Rocky and everybody else. Been going to town last two days, appts., appts. appts., and am subsequently EXTRA exhausted. Today is a "do nothing day" for me. Not even goin a mess with the comp. much. Haven't been on the porch at all for two days so I'll just blather on a bit.

Rocky, I really have no idea who Jean-Pierre is. He just appeared on my post from out of the ether. I have never known a Jean Pierre in my life. A real mystery....... I hope Gordon's orchids are giving you much pleasure.

Over and Outhouse,
    as my Tex. grandpa used to say!

20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm back! My printer is dead but my computer is revived. I looked at all the snow and ice, at the back of my 'puter with all the twisted wires, the fact that the local fixit place was five to seven business days behind, and I called The Geek Squad. For anyone who's dying to know and those who are not, they have facilities in several places but the largest are Van Couver and Florida. Talk about different ends of the map!

It was a marathon two days. I called them first, silly me, at 4:30 on Tuesday afternoon. I figured we could have it wrapped up by dinner time. HA HO. The first scan they did took almost two hours so that was about it for my night. Another scan took less time but I was missing many brain cells by then. The last guy (they call themselves Agents) said it was good to call early - I did pass up his invite for 3 a.m. - and called them at 5 a.m.

This was the beginning of a day that lasted.... well, all day. I finished up at 6:30 with an hour off here and there for scans and a nap that closely resembled a coma. I know more about Van Couver than ever - because I actually never knew anything about Van Couver before. I also know that the Agent I worked with from Florida would rather live in Alaska. We're just never happy, are we?

I wouldn't go that route again. It was interesting but hugely time and brain-consuming. I took all day Wednesday resting up. But I have three new programs downloaded to protect my 'puter, all free and all downloaded by a nice Geek. I didn't know before that doing our usual maintenance deleting history, cookies, etc. does very little. They removed tons of those things from my mach-een and it runs almost as fast as Joe's now.

I'm still regaining consciousness. I thought for sure Rock said he had a daughter and I understood all MrDad's messages perfectly which tells you something.

I'm all out of NRG.

Hugs all around,