Porchlight is on Vol 183 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Feb 13, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I BE BACK, "K"?

P.S. Please note the other Posts on Vol. 182 newly arrived
    b-4 the change in Vols.

FYI: This message may have been monitored for quality control.

"OH NO"!!![This Message was Edited on 02/14/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2008]
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I missed the last porch visit --- bums me out I was looking forward to some of Carla's cinnamon rolls. They are one of my favorites!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

I'm just going to sit here on the porch and "chat" with everyone today. I'm still in a flare so the only place I will be going is to bed. LOL.
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope your day is starting out well. Just noticed in your Bio.,
    that I believe is newly constructed, that you are living in
    Wisconsin. Some time ago, I related the story of my "Doctor
    in Residence" who was from your grand State. So proud was he,
    that he insisted that as I sat on the exam table, I wore that
    silly Packer Cheesehead Hat while singing a verse or two of
    "On Wisconsin". How humiliating!! Ya know what I'm sayin?

Ain't ya glad you came today?
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you Mrdad for taken care of us today. He didn't want to make a big deal, being the shy quiet type but if you look over in the corner there is a huge heart shaped box of chocolate and long stem roses for all of us.

Joe you can be my valentine any day of the year :)

Poor Missey is sitting here trying to sleep but she has the hiccups. I am recovering from my after dinner spurt of energy. OMG I got SOOOOOOO much dirt and hair from my vacum. I had to clean my vacum before I could even use it.

All this mud from outside has found it inside my vacum. The filter was so bad and after cleaning it, it picked up so much better. I could dust and write my name the on the furniture the next day. So hopefully I got it all up last night. Finally crawled in the tub at 10 pm.

I hope all have the best day they can and will check in later-More rolls for everyone-Carla

5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I just love Valentines Day. I came into work and had this cute little doggy from the Hallmark store on my chair. One of the guys here gave it to me. Then i went to get my hot chocolate and came back to my desk and had a bouquet of flowers at my desk. WOW I didn't realize the guys here liked me that much (of course business like).

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day and you are able to spend it with your loved ones (animals and people).

By the way, Joe, thanks for bringing me the sunshine. I sit by the window at work and the sun is just pouring in. It is still cold but that is okay as long as i have the sun.

Monica and Sheepwrestler, CArla's cinnamin rolls were to die for. I will save some for you next time she brings them.

Hope your back gets better sheepwrester
    [This Message was Edited on 02/14/2008]
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I wrote on the other post thinking it was still running - how often do you change over??

My husband did his usual of no valentine's then when I complained brought me home a box of chocs - the man has no romance in him but takes good care of me.

I've put the kettle on for a cup of tea for everyone with a nice fruit scone (small bun) and butter and jam. Tom makes great tea from tea leaves (not t bags) Darjeeling and Earl Grey.

7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...to all the Porchies. Romantic that I am, Valentine's day is my favorite. In honor of the day you'll see that I've turned my face into a heart. I'm glad it's only for one day....

Joe, thanks for flipping on the light and for sneaking in the candy and roses. We gurls do appreciate them. I see a few of the chocolates have little holes in the bottom. Were you trying to avoid the maple ones or were you looking for the rum-filled ones?

Georgia, you are one fortunate woman! What a special Valentine's Day for you. Nope, sounds as if he doesn't travel.

Monica, I hope your flare unflares soon. Just put your feet up. Maybe a lot of chocolate and the smell of roses will help you out.

Fibromickster, you are one popular lady there at work. Sounds like the guys are lining up to bring you gifts.

Carla, Missy's hiccups remind me of my oldest son before he was born. Night and day that baby would hic. No matter the time or where we would, my belly would rhythmically rise and fall with his hiccups. I should ask him if he still does.

Rosie, thank you for the deeeee-licious tea. We change to a new volume at the end of each #30. That way they don't go into page 2. Goes fast, huh?

I'm thinking of Linda at work today and hoping it's not too hard a day. Hello, too, to Granni and Sweetie and Barry and Rock and Jodie and Joan with her DH and Thelma and Louise and John and, and, and...... oh boy. :>/ Everybody!

Hugs and valentine wishes all around the Porch,
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hope everyone here gets the change to enjoy a lovely Valentines Day with their loved one(s). Mine will be quiet since DH has a meeting tonight. Our big night will be on satuaraday, as I am sure many others will be too, since Valentines day is during the week. Most people have to week and such.

DH said he did sent me an e-card. Somehow it disappeared and I never got it. I suspect that is the first time he ever tried to send one and may have done something wrong. I got him a card and will go out with antoehr couple this weekend at a lovely restaurant.

Gotta give DH the computer again. Hope to be back later. He needs the computer.

9. Granniluvsu

As per Linda's request I brought some wine to the porch that we had bought during our trip. It was call Christmas Wine and can be drank without heating but tasts alot bettwe heated it. It has cinnamon, cloves and other spices in it guarantaees to help you to warm up. I can hardly wait to drink it although we will probably wait till around the holiday;s , that is a long time to wait. Since everyone was so cold for many of you I thought I would bring that wine.

Joe - Thanks for starting us up again. Doing anything for Valentine's Day (-: !!

Fibromickster - how neat that you got Valentine goodies at work from the guys. Gee, they must really like you.

Linda - I hope that you survived your 2nd day or is third or 4th by now at work? I can't keep up. How's your weather ???
    Did you get to try my hot spiced wine ?? Since no one mentioned it maybe Guido or someone took and had his own party.

Welcome Rosie, not sure if I welcomed you properly with all my comings and goings.

Carla - thanks for the cinnamon rolls. Hope you are feeling OK with all you are dong AGAIN or should I say still !!

Hi to Marta, Georgia, Barry, Lacey, Monica and anyone else I might have missed.

Hugs and blessings to all,

10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

cody laid a red rose on the end of my bed this morning while i was sleeping. it made me cry...he just came home and told me he loved me and that i deserved something from someone. and wanted to get me something.

my guy friend has not called or texted me today....cody thinks i should wait to see if he does call me and if not...dump him...friends tell me they feel that i am making up excuses for him...he is a general contractor has a job in berkley and one in petaluma and has to over see the projects etc..

plus has school to finish his ms in architecture, finishes in december...then he has a big movie part w/charlie sheen and needs to go to L.A. in march for the filming of it. for a month...he has been going back and forth to l.a. for the casting calls etc and meet w/his agent.

he has told me come december he w/have more time cause he will be done w/school and he needs to stay focused. he has said great things about me to his friends and mine...but of course is he going to say bad things to my friends...no way.

well here i am on the porch.

11. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Ha, you girlies are so cute. I love your posts. You put a smile on my face. I like the Chit Chat so much better than the fibro board.

I have been with this company for so many years, those guys had better bring me treats, LOL, especially if they want their work done for them. LOL

I am still awaiting something from my dear husband, however, that will be a very long wait i am afraid. He is not a romantic either Granni, but i do love him so.

Anyway, it is time for me to shut this computer down, drive home, get in my comfy clothes, make dinner and have some of that wine that Granni brought.

That sounds really good. Also i am going to sit by the fire, watch tv with my Jack (my big loveable sweet yellow lab).

I will check in with you all tonight
  12. Granniluvsu

So glad you and Guido enjoyed the wine. However Fibro said she had some too, probably before you two took the rest (-: !!

So sorry that you were having so much pain today at wrok. I know what you mean - pain every day, not sure what is fibro and what is RA.

Fibro - Hope you get alittle something from DH. Don't worry kiddo I understand. I usually don't get anything either except maybe a card, if he remembers and out to eat probably on the weekend. He is trying to be better really.

Jodie - How sweet of Cody to leavae you a flower. What a sweetie !!! Try not to think to much about the other "friend" of yours. Just let it go and see what happens but don't hold your breath. Yes, it sounds like he is a busy guy but alot of that last minute, not planning stuff would get on my nerves after while plus everything else. Listen to your son. Hope school is going OK with you hon.

Some people like my brother shower their wives with stuff, on every occasion. We just never were big on lots of gifts and stuff but a token surely is nice.

I forgot who else posted when I just checked. Oh well, what else is new ??

God bless you all and hope everyone gets something nice from y9ur significant other, even if it is special words and a big SOFT hug. Of course flowers and things like that are great to.

Hope to talk to you all tomorrow. The fish frys at church start tomorrow and the Knights are in charge. That means I go and help out - oh my. Hopefully I will just get to collect money and eat a fish dinner.

Big hugs to all,

13. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I did get a very special wonderful card. The words mean so much. That was so sweet of him. Of course i gave him one too this morning before i left for work.

We will probably do dinner this weekend as well. He is a great guy. I guess we have just been married too long, LOL. You all have a wonderful rest of the night. I will be going to beddy by in a minute.
  14. jole

jole Member

Listening to everyone talk about getting gifts, cards, etc. reminds me of when we were first married. We didn't have a cent between us for quite a few years, but wanted to at least get a card for each other.

Well, when you're trying hard just to put food on the table for a child or two, you get really creative. We were in town on V-Day for farm parts, so ran into the dime store.

We each picked out a valentine we liked for the other, handed it to each other, read them, hugged, and put them back. Still got to see a card from each other, and it was definitely cheap....maybe not very nice from the store's perspective, though. Anyway, one of our most memorable years!

Won't stay long 'cause I'm pretty sore today from my Twist 'n Shout fall yesterday. Today will be a better day. Wishing you all the best.

15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

granni marc called me tonight around 6 pm. he has been to L.a. for his movie stuff. he has been working etc. now he is going to sacramento and off to tahoe to go snowboarding w/his buddy for his friend's birthday...we had a nice long chat. all is well. he has to take off to l.a. again on sunday he said we was going to be back on saturday and would call me. so i think we shall talk more then, time will tell.

i went out w/a few friends tonight and had dinner and two wines...had a decent time.

16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... to see if everyone survived Valentine's Day and it appears that you did.

Granni, thanks for the hot wine. Hic I'm still enjoying the memory of it.

Jodie, that rose from Cody is one of the sweetest things I've heard of in a long time. Cherish it and the memory, OK? Men will come and go but our sons are there forever.

Fibromic, (hey, we need a name here - can you make one up? Fibromickster takes a looooooong time to type and I don't want to call you Fibro for short), we're glad you've joined us on the Porch. Next time would you bring Jack? I love labs - well, really all dogs - and cats.

Linda dear, with all those frickin' doctors around you, wouldn't you think you'd get more understanding?? I hope you can keep pushing for extended leave and disability and that today isn't too grueling for you. Do you have to work weekends?

Jole, I laughed out loud at the creativity you and your husband showed back in the day. Those memories are more fun than a ton of cards. Well, almost.....

This morning I'm going back to my old doctor to see what he knows about vitamin D and CFS. My fingers are crossed that I can get some answers soon. When it's not too much, it's wonderful but it's easily too much. That makes no sense but neither do I this morning.

Hugs all around the porch to my friends near and far,

17. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Just call me Mickey, that is what all my friends call me and most of my family, however, my hubby hates it and calls by my real name which is Michelle. Anyway, you can call me Mickey, that is short.

Well Valentines is over. My husband and 17 year old daughter are off to St. Louis University (SLU) for an interview for the presidential scholorship (fullride). Please everyone keep her in your prayers. She so deserves this. She has had a 4.2 GPA all through school and scored a 30 on her ACT. I have to brag she is my daughter. LOL

Anyway, i would really appreciate your prayers. I don't see how we would be able to afford SLU, on of the most expensive colleges, but she has her heart set on it.

Well, Happy Friday everyone and talk at you soon.
  18. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you'll forgive me if I forget all the names, will catch on.

Mickey - I hope your daughter gets her wish, good luck to her, of course you have to boast about your daughter, she's your special person.

I read the posts then immediately forget what everyone says!!

19. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Your grand daughter is sooooo cute. You are so lucky to be able to be so close to her and she is lucky to have a grandma that adores her.

Have fun with her and spoil her. That is what grandmas are supposed to do, LOL

Rosiebud, thanks for the comments. You are right, we all need to brag about our families. I am still waiting to hear from them. I am so anxious.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2008]
  20. Granniluvsu

I wanted to check with you al first as this afternoon, late I will be gone with the church fish fry.

Glad some of you (Mickey and Marta) got to taste some of my wine before Guido and Linda heisted the rest of it (-: !!
    Julie - I admire you babysitting on a regular basis. Of course when they are tiny that is not as bad as when they can really get around. I used to have lots ofpatience but not so anymore since all the pain. Take care of yourself to hon,

Jole - I love that creativity too with those valentie cards.

Mickey - Good luck to your daughter. I hope she gets the scholarshoip for all her hard worl. Wish that was happeneing to my grandson who will be graduating from HS. He could have gotten a partial scholorship since he took 4 years or Jr ROTC but he has no drive, and living with his dad who really doesn't give him much direction or help. His dad only got a GED years ago but didn't push his kids to do anything. That is because he himself is a lazy pperson and rather convenient. Yes, and divorce is a sad thing too. The two others sons sith problems are with my daughter.

Finally got my rugs cleanned or cleaner the other day so Ihave to go and vacuum them since they are pretty dry now. ASlo have to go and do a little weeding too. Yep - ot os warm enough right now and the rain has really helped tose weeds. You would think they would have been killed by the cold and some freezing weather.

Jodie - Keep on working hard and taking care of your son. Sopunds like you raised him right. Good luck in the men department but just be careful .

Love to everyone else too, not mentioned = ck, Mrdad, Rock, etc. etc. The brain has left again.