Porchlight is on Vol 188 (SHUT)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Ok. Let's see what happens! I've turned on the Security
    Camera's so no funny business! No one leaves this Board
    until we find Porchlight Vol 187! Fess up. "K"?

[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2008]
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Linda-did you go into edit and it clicked in the black of no return? I am on my way to bed, feeling better tonight. Cuddles with the girls then we played our games.

The studio is great for that, all that open space in the middle of the room.

Thanks for taking care us MrD and where might miss Linda be.-nity nite don't let the bed bugs bite-Carla
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, I've completed an exhaustive search. I looked high (on top of the computer) and low (under the table). No vol. 187.

I believe this will rank in years to come w/ the fate of the Mary Celeste and the disappearances of Judge Crater and Ambrose Bierce.

I think in my previous post I indicated 4 or 5 little chores I had hoped to accomplish yesterday. In fact I did none of them. And, since I couldn't fall asleep in the afternoon, I was too zonked out to go to my Emotions Anonymous meeting in the evening.

Were I going to relive a day, like Emily in "Our Town", it probably would not be yesterday.

Sure seems funny to see security guards on the porch. Excuse me, What? Metal detector? Remove my shoes and jacket? Oh, oh. Guess I'd better sign off.

Hope we all have a good weekend.

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Tsh, Tsh, how could that happen, what kinda management do you have around here??

Oh-yes, that's right alot of Fibro foggy people, and crashing CFS friends.

Oh-well, so it goes as the way of the Bemuda Triangle, we will never really know.

Rock- do you really go to Emotions Anonymous meetings? I never heard of that. We should probably all sign up.

I've been dealing with 3 very sick kids, and lost two nights of sleep, wow my pain levels shot right up, last night i finally got to sleep by myself again, and feel some better.
    Two are feeling better, and fighting again, the middle one just started getting sick yesterday.

My youngest had a temp. of 103.5 yesterday, now he's wrestling around with his brother. They all want to go to the ice fishing derby on Sunday, so i hope they all recover.

bye, will keep a look out for Vol. 187, maybe that's what my cat's been chasing around this morning??
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

MrDad- I finally responded to your reply to me under the title weather report. Thanks for sharing.

Georgia- that's wonderful to be getting help like that, keep feeding him!! And don't go and blow away from us in that storm.

6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well Georgia, we're getting ready for the same "Big Storm."
    Here in the City, we have the equivalent to your county
    "Gully Washers". They're called "Gutter Washers"! Stay dry
    and save me some of that delicious Mexican Grub, "K"?
    Wiff corn torts and LOTS of butter!

Morningson, sorry the Kids are going thru the sickness thingy!
    Ya feel so bad for them when it happens. Lots of "work" for
    Mama too! Hope they are all better soon.

Linda, I got your email and we may never know what happened
    to Vol 187. If it were deleted by "Monitors" you would have
    rec. an email of explanation I would think? Is the weather
    abating a bit back there? Hundreds of flight delays out
    of N.Y. State yesterday from the news accounts of the storm.

Julie: You've sure been busy with all kinds of commitments
    lately! Take a little rest when you can. "The work will al-
    ways be there", as my MIL use to say.

My Son has a music gig tonight about 1/2 mile from here. He
    goes on early so I'll attempt to brave the incoming storm
    to see him perform. It may or may not influence the turnout
    so I what to be one of the "bodies" there showing support.
    His group gets better and better as the months go by.

Thanks Rocky for all your investigative efforts. Think we've
    done all we can about the missing Volume. As Sister Mary
    Gregory use to "explain", "it's a mystery"!

Good mornin' to Mary Ellen (CK), Erin, John Boy, Billy Bob, Elizabeth, Grandma, Grandpa, Ben and all the others still
    unaccounted for from the last nights visit to the "Dew Drop

[This Message was Edited on 02/23/2008]
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

So 187 is still missing along with Linda and Marta- hmm what do you think they have done??

I am at work again today. Yesterday was a busy day, just steady enough to keep me from my thing,lol.

So am going to attempt to draw a picture of Missy, it is in my profile.

Julie-wow that is a life change and a scary one in deed. Would you ever just live in Belize full time? I admire you for all your work, you are a true wonder woman threw and threw.

Rock, sorry you didn't make your chores or you meeting, we have these days. Hopefully you and Gordon can find something to do this weekend.

MSS- You do have your hands full with sick and or rowdy boys, hope it gets above zero for you soon.

Mickey- your daughters are beautiful, just like their mom, I hope you are enjoying staying home today after all the winter driving you have had to do this week.

Sheepy- glad your man turned out to be a good egg afterall, sometimes we have to show them who the boss is. I am very happy for you-

Hello to all, hope you warm and and safe- Carla
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good grief you all. That is a new one on me. Also, I didn't see anything that should have had to be removed from there. We are all too sweet and don't like to hurt anyones feeling (-: !!

BTW, I also think that was pretty bad since I wrote a nice long post yesterday and that is gone too. Linda and Marta are missing too. We need to send out a serach party. I know that Mrdad is doing his best, as always (-: !! Hopre we find it and Marta and Linda soon !

Julie - Boy , what you are planning to do sounds wonderful and so selfless of you and Den. Hopefully you aren't taking on to much with your physical problems. Try and take it easy at least a little bit. I know how that can be, not that easy sometimes.

Sheepy - I hope your home, especially your roof survives the gully washer. Gee there have been to many storms going on lately. I feel lucky not to have had to may and no snow for sure or ice either for that matter.

Mrdad - thanks for your searching for the new volume and I see you are busy as every. Got your Speedos ready?? Hey, what if anything has happened to our SMG ? Haven't heard anything from or about her in a long time.

Rock - I hear you have been been busily serching also for the missing porchlight. That surely is a mystery.

Morningsonshine - sorry to hear about yoru sick children. That is certainly never a very good time. Hope you don't cantch it. Just what you don't need I am sure.

CK - Hope you are getting rest some this weekend. That pic of Missy on your bio is surely a cute one.

YC1 - So glad you gott to be on the porch the abeginning of this volume. Hope your sis and FIL are doing better and you too !!! More later on.

Have to go fix lunch for dh and myself. Bye to everyone else I may have forgotten or are lurking about.

Hugs to everyone,

9. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Armed gaurds???? Things are getting a little crazy around the porch these days, well the gaurds can be used to get the fire wood for us, and fan us in the spring/summer. Maybe they will be useful for serving us Margaritas when it warms up.

I have missed a few porch visits due to my son being here. We had a nice visit, but the only time I really spent any time with him was at the dinner table, and to and from the airport. He spent a lot of time with dh, they went to a gun show in Austin, and did "manly" things.

I took my niece and youngest to Brakenridge park, and to the Botanical sp? gardens so we had our own fun.

My daughter came in to town on Wed. and left on Fri. I had been dog sitting for her. She has a pomeranian, what a little spaz she is. I felt bad for my poor Big Mac she would just chew on him. Now everyone is gone and my house is a mess, it seems like they come home and bring a tornado with them.

Morning-the days of having sick and fighting kiddos are sorely missed by me, I can't believe that I am saying that. I am glad that I don't have to do it anymore though, but for them all to little again.......

Julie-I love the little house, brings back fond memories of my Great Grandmother's house in the hills of W VA.

Sheep-try to stay dry and out of the wind. I love de-cluttering (is that a word?) I feel so accomplished whe the job is done.

Mr Dad-What does your son play? Mine plays the trombone, he also likes to sing, but doesn't want to be in the choir, I guess kids still tease the song birds.

YC1-glad that part of the family is doing better, hopefully soon all will be well and back to normal.

Rock-E A meetings? Does everyone go and have a good cry?

Granni, CK and the rest of you that I missed hope you all are well.

10. rockgor

Just back from my Emotions Anonymous meeting. Yes, there really is such a thing, MSS. Guess where the home office is. St Paul, Minnesota. Uff-duh!

Meetings are like a mental health booster shot.

Yes, sometimes people cry, Bevy. There's really more laughter tho.

I asked Gordon what we are doing this weekend, Carla. He said, "Too wet to garden. Just cook and eat." He bought some vegetables while I was at the meeting, so I think he's going to do stir fry in his big wok.

Here's some cartoon humor I found on the net. If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

Unattributed, but it sounds like Steven Wright.

11. Granniluvsu

YC1 - Thanks for "finding the "lost" volume. So we are not to worry any more (-: !!

Hi Bevy - Sorry I have to run. Hope all is well with you !!

Glad to hear your sister is home from the hospital. Sorry that your FIL is still there. The elderly always have a harder time of it with pneumonia or anything else really.

Have to get ready to out visit and eat with some friends to see their new home. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay warm and dry if you can.

Hugs and blessings,

12. rockgor

I read your post; just couldn't make any sense out of it. Probably due to my brain fog, etc.

13. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

dinner, I made French-dip sandwiches, and homemade french fries.

I am getting ready to settle in for the night and watch the Spurs whip the Hornets.

Rock-I think that laughing is a great way to feel better. My dh and I get to giggling and it soothes rough days.

Gotta go for now check in with ya'll later,

For all that didn't see it there is a new pic in my profile, it is my niece and my youngest son.[This Message was Edited on 02/23/2008]
  14. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

is this porch a safe place to come to with disappearances like this??

MrDad, my son was playing tonight (Sat) with his band too - he plays lead guitar, they sing the words of old Scottish poetry to very heavy metal music. I have never seen him perform but would like to, usually its in the city though - I would need earplugs.

Rock have the two missing boy cats turned up??

I went to the ballet this afternoon in Glasgow - The Nutcracker by the Russian State Ballet of Siberia - I thought it was a grand name and the dancers would be brilliant. I thought wrong, they were very young and amateurish but didnt charge amateur prices. The choreographer had added some modern dance movements that just didnt work and annoyed the hell out of me.

Never mind it was nice getting out, I was with my daughter and son's girlfriend and we went for lunch first.

I am paying the price now in pain and sleeplessness, goodness what a big funny word.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

None of us are able to find what you found?? YC1 it may be
    due to a delayed reaction to Y2K. Who knows? But thanks for
    "finding" it. It's happened b-4, not a big deal in the final
    scheme of things! The important thing is that we are all
    safe under the roof of the PORCH just like we have always

Gonna find some quik grub and head out to my Son's performance. Bevy, my Son plays guitar and sings songs that
    he writes. He has his eye on a piece of land around Nashville
    to build a "Little Place" on in some later years. ( Maybe
    after he gets all his student loans payed off) Thanks for

Linda, Kylob is an M.I.A. Have your spoken to her? Getting
    a bit concerned as we haven't heard a "PEEP". Hope you are
    getting some rest and feeling somewhat better.

Hello to All. I took to long a nap, now I'm behind schedule.

P.S. Hey to all the other M.I.A.'s as well!
  16. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

MrDad - hope your son's gig went well, he sounds really talented, my boy writes music, lovely stuff and then he ruins it with all those heavy metal voices!! What kind of music does your son play??

Julie - what a brave soul you are going to Belize for missionary work - when do you go?? I have a family member going out to Jaipur, India to do voluntary work for a month, she wanted to go for a year but her husband objected.

What is an M.I.A. ??

17. Granniluvsu

Don't worry about that stupid missing volume anyway. Who knows where it disappeared to or even if it was there to begin with so it could disappear. Got me ???? or whatever. I am really not worried but it was crazy fun searching for it (-: !!

Like Mrdad- AKA Joe said. The main thing is we are all safe here at the porch. Try and stay safe and warm.

Right now I just need to go , take a shower and get ready for beddy bye after taking my meds. Just got back from meeting friends and having dinner. We have to get up bright and early tomorrow for church so I have run !!!

Hope to get back here tomorrow sometime. Stay well Yc1 so you can post more often and get in on the fun !!

Hugs to you and to all !

18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i was gonna say maybe i emailed vol to my instructor for extra credit.lol but since it has been found now i can't say it.

joe sounds like you are busy w/your son and rosiebud's son band sounds interesting to me.

i went out last night and lived it up a little bit much....

today been home sitting inside staying away from the rain...

julie sounds like you and den are up for fine tuning the finances...i hope it all works out just fine for you both.

ck how is that ankle?

linda how are you doing i think you may have said your neck is wrapped up in heat....? maybe that was ck.

i have been busy this week cleaning house of toxic friends i met this new lady back in december, long story short she kept text messaging me many many times etc phone calls...on my cell phone...she got bent out of shape when i told her i was at a friend's house that needed me at the moment. well she was relentless and got mad at me. so i just didn't bother to call her anymore...

i have a mid-term exam on monday morning for speech 1a...i need to prepare my 2 pg. outline for my speech i must give on wednesday. then wednesday i have my math test...so far an a in the classes but it is mid-term time...told that toxic friend that i had all this stuff to do plus cody had his wisdom teeth pulled out on monday...

he got a nice hemotoma on one side. threw up tuesday morning from the blood draining in his stomach....friday i had to go up to petaluma and get my scantron and bluebook for my exam for monday morning. then take him to oral surgeon, go get meds, then off to the knee surgeon.

he is formerly out of his leg brace. he still can not run on it....maybe sometime in july may.

cody and i filled out our fafsa's federal pell grant stuff...i have to get him paperwork for the va benefits he gets at college from local va rep. then i need to fill out more paperwork for grants and scholarships....hopefully i will be getting everything reinstated after i took last semester off.

cody made a comment this morning on how if he decides that doing an IT program/video gaming degree may feel to difficult for him, he is considering a psychology degree so he can help women/men that have been raped. what a nice thought for him to think like that. he would like to counsel them on various degrees. i guess he has seen how much it has affected his mother(me), just my whole world seemed to get turned upside down for both of us in the last year.

granni the guy and i are on a really slow going right now. now sure if or where it will lead. he is busy doing all his things...i don't have time to be badgered by someone. him asking me if i slept w/his friend.....then last saturday he called me up and we chatted then i broached the topic and he denied he ever said that...my toxic friend used my cell phone and called him up w/o my knowledge and let him have it some way....found this out the next day...well anywho. i text msgs him and told him about the phone thief etc...he said all is good...

well gonna go now cody should be coming home from grocery store he hasn't been able to eat much of anything but pudding and icecream....oh the oatmeal...pasta..

you all take care