Porchlight is on Vol 201 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Gonna get this up Kids, hoping no one was left at the Party!

[This Message was Edited on 03/12/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi, MrDad. Things are pretty quiet here today, aren't they. I was wondering if anybody, oh there it is. I knew I had two shoes at least part of yesterday.

Oh, yeah. You know where the lamp is that goes under this shade?

Things are a little blurry, but I'm pretty sure we all had a good time yesterday. Who was that masked man anyway? And did we ever figure out who fell in the bushes?

Come to think of it, you don't look so good, MrD. Maybe you should sit down. Maybe we both should.

Nice and peaceful here now, isn't it?

3. jole

jole Member

MrDad, thanks for ending the party on such a beautiful, uplifting note.

Rock, I think the lamp is fairly close to your shoe...were you looking for it just before you did your final gig last night? I know you were in a hurry to get to your stage!

Lincamp - Yes, these rockers and the view are very nice and relaxing today, aren't they>

Darn, I just remembered I forgot to get my chocolate dessert out of the frig last night at the lodge....so we can all enjoy it today!

Rockin and dreamin, such memories.....oh yeah.....
  4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Looks like i was on the cut off between 200 and 201 so i am copying my message to 201.

You guys are all great. Another day another dollar.

BEVY - I guess that is a good thing your hubby is ornary as ever, i am sure that is a good sign. So glad you were able to stop in and take good care of the Hubby of yours.

DOLORES - you are not kidding, i laugh out loud at work all the time when i read some of these posts (work is the only time i have to check out the posts). When i am home, i never get the computer. Hugs to you too

LINCAMP - Twister was a killer wasn't it. I think Rock and Dad got tangled up and Elaine was right in the middle of it. Good thing you landed on green and were able to get them untangles since they all fell over.

SWEETIE - MRdad was a good dancer, wasn't he, did you ever get to dance with him. Rock was pretty good too. The limo ride was awesome, that was good thinking, cause i was sure not ready to drive home.

4EVERKID - Thanks for all the fireworks, that was awesome and beautiful.

CARLA - Those Nuttery Bipple (i have never heard of that kind of dring, but sounds interesting) must have knocked you off your feet; i found your boots over in the mud by the pool, cleaned them off and gave them to Jerome.

GRETCHEN - thanks for hanging out with all of us crazies, it has been fun. The fire was warm and the entertainment was exciting and Mrdad, elaine, granni all put on a good show doing the jitterbug.

ROCKGOR - I bet you did make the class office when you ran for it. With that slogan, how could you lose. You danced like Frank Sinatra out there on the dance floor. Thanks for saving me one. I am feeling much better today, I think that bad flare had the worst of it. When i was younger and had my corner bar, they would always have my long island teas ready for me. One would do me for the night. That was so sweet of you to say that we are like family, i feel that way too. I feel i can tell you guys anything without all the bad critism.

MRDAD - You and Rock are definetly the charmers of the night. Well, you were the only 2 guys there. LOL You 2 swept us ladies off our feet. You sure did slip and slide and kicked it up boy. What entertainment.

LACY - Thank you so much for the biscuits and gravy, I was starving this morning after that workout last night. You are a lifesaver.

GRANNI - Hope you don't have too bad of a hangover this morning. You were sure hopping the night away last night.

ELAINE - What were you thinking, diving off the porch, silly girl. At least you landed in the pool, hope you didn't get too cold being all wet. Oh, and yes, it was you who was stumbling, I was the one tripping. By the way, who was the Celeb that busted our party, i didn't get to meet him, or maybe i did, i don't remember. I didn't get to rest in the hot tub, but that hot, hot, shower this morning was awesome.

SWEETIE - So you are one of the first porchies. Well i just want to say thank you to you too for keeping this going. It is the best post on this site.

GEORGIA - I think someone here cleaned your shawl for you and folded it nice and neat. it is laying on the porch for you.

MARTA - Hugs to you too, and i am so glad you were able to make some of the celebration.

Miss you all and talk to all when you FINALLY wake up.

Rock you are hillarious, you must have been posting the same time I was. Rock and the Beanstalk, LOL, LOL
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

come join me in the swing. It is nice and peaceful here. We can talk to Jole, MrDad,Rock, Georgia, and Linda who have claimed the rockers.

The scenery here is so beautiful. Have you noticed all the bulbs that are blooming now? There must be hundreds of daffodils in bloom. My favorite are the white ones. Soon the wild flowers will be sprouting.

Carla needs to bring Twy with her and we all could help her care for her. My lab would love to come and swim in the lake.

Linda after you pass me some of that hot tea, I will take my nap. It has been a very busy day.

Hugs to all

6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I would love to join you, as well as my baby boy yellow lab, Jack, he would love to be sitting out in the grass right now watching all the action. It is actually really nice here today FINALLY, 60 degrees, full sun, it is just beautiful, however, i am stuck here inside working.

Oh well, hopefully this weekend it will be just as nice. I love to see all the daffodils blooming too and all the Pear Trees in bloom. I cannot wait for that.

Take care

7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Oh Lin, I am so sorry you are still having that darn cold weather, however, it should be coming your way. I will pray that it does.

Well i am glad at least you are here on the porch, you are right it is always nice weather and good company.

Well guys, this will probably be my last for today. After work I have to go to a marketing thingy to rate radio stations till 9:00, oh well, I will make some extra cash. Anything, for my college bound daughter.

By the way all, she didn't get the full ride to SLU. We found out last night, they called her, however, she did get a $19,000 scholarship everyyear. But that barely puts a dent in their tuition and board. Please keep praying, I really want her to go where she wants, but she is going to have to learn she may have to get her own student loans, etc... even though she doesn't want to. LOL.

Thanks for all the well wishes on my daughter's behalf.

Love you guys, Mickey
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Gee I wonder why I am so sleepy today or should I say sleepier !!!I guess it was all that partying guys. So much dancing and having a good time.

Yeah, I think I will do some rocking and snoozing too before I have to eat dinner and then go to choir practice. This week is worse than most with possibly 3 choir practices for all the special Mass foor Easter and before. If we do good e might not hae one tomorrow, I think. From last night;s practice I am guessind we might have another (-: Although we are practicing for different services tonight - Good Friday and Easter. Just got home from singing at the Assisted Living center. They enjoyed it evenwhen we goofed !

Hey, where is thata cake . Is there any more left??

Mickey- glad the weather is clearing and warming up for you today. It warmed up pretty nicely this afternoon for us too - hi 60's . Supposed to start getting nicer they said. The trouble with here it may go from windter to summer in a flash and forget spring.

Mrdad - thanks so uch for being our MC and being one of tHE original porchers, even though I don't think you got you trophy. Did someoe take them from under the porc?

Linda - Sorry you are still having COLD weather. Hope it warms up some for you soon. Yes, wasn't that stupid of that dumb almost X Gov. of NY ? I could go on but I wond't and get this post all upset.

Trying to remember who posted to this newest vol. Sweetie were you there too? I know you were at the party and so happy you could be there as at least an almost original porchie. You summed up really well what I think of the Porch and I haven't been here half that long yet.

Hi Rock - glad you made it to the party and are atill with us afterwards. I guess it is time for all of us to take another nap !

My memory is really not to swift esp after having al those Bailesy with Amarettos. I think I might have ao tried and LI Iced Tea as I had never had one before. Maybe that is why we have a headache !!

Hey Elaine - are you taking a nap too. I can;t remember if you just posted but I do remember you at the party - a real Party girl who had to give me a little nudge just enough to land mye in the path of those jugglers.!!! I'll remember at our next party kiddo (-: !!

More hugs to all,

9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

What a BLAST we had!! The most funnest party ever! Met my
    Son for Brunch and he could tell immediately I was a bit
    "under the weather". I'm starting to come back alive thank
    goodness. Sure good to see so many arrive at the Party, some
    for the first time and others that arrive less frequently, but
    all friendly, cheerful faces.

Hope all are recovering from the fun and frolic and awaiting the next big Porch Party, Vol 300, coming sooner than any of
    us will believe.

Huggles to all,
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

Glad to see everyone survived last night in tack. I snuck in early this morning and got me a slice of that chocolate cake..oh so good.

I just want to drop by and say hello, I have been on the computer too much today, trying to finish up foundation work and follow up emails to the artists.

Plus trying to clean my over flowing in box, I haven't been house cleaning a lot lately.

I gave myself a much needed manicure, it's sad when you have to use a hardware sanding block to get them smooth again,lol.

I was trying to change Missy's gauze and it kept sticking to my hands because they were so rough.

Later I took the girls and let them sit on the porch in the sun while I stomped dirt.

Now I have a set of brown eyes staring at me with the please play with me. She is feeling a little left out with Twy getting so much attention. She is doing pretty good and sleeping under my bed again, Missy was trying to play with her a little too much.

Thanks again for a great party and great bunch of freinds, I look forward to our next sellebration-Carla
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i brought the man tan, but george was not there.

i had to do some math homework...i still have more.

i missed school yesterday...i had to make up math today..it is all gonna work out though. i just stayed up too long on saturday and sunday...i can not pull those all nighters...

were were playing that rock band game on video. and singing as well.

well gonna figure out something for dinner, and do math...it is sunny out forsure today but breezy.

have fun you all, sorry bevy your hb had a big incisions sounds like mine i had.

hit to you all

12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks for sharing the swing with me. But I'm especially glad you brought your Jack to play with my chocolate, Rocky.

They are certainly having a good time. Rocky needs to play with another dog and they are certainly having fun jumping in the lake to retrieve the toys.

I just love labs. They seem to have an understanding of the English language....really amazing dogs.
  13. Marta608

Marta608 Member

How nice to see all the people on the Porch this morning - even if you were here yesterday..... No, I can't figure that out either.

I see that Jerome cleaned up before he took off with the cook so we won't have to ground him.

Someone dusted off my chair and washed my blanket. Probably Linda or Elaine. Thanks, kids!

I must go to the dreaded grocery store today so I'm saving my NRG for getting dressed and getting there - oh, and back. Oh yeah, and for putting way the groceries..... Maybe I should take a nap first..... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Excellent article on B-12 in the newsletter today. Anyone else not know there were four types?? Perhaps if I could find the right kind, I could take care of my deficiency without getting jittery! Yay me! I shall pursue it. Thanks, ProHealth.

Hugs all round to those near and far,

14. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everydobby-

Sweetie are you and Mickey still on the swing and Jack and Rocky are still playing? I am going to leave Missy here with you guys today. She could use a playmate right now, but she does not like water in any form.

But will play fetch all day. I have to go do errands and have a afternoon appt with my Dr, which means a 3 hour wait. It is ok because she takes so much time with all of her patients.

This is my follow up for my herniated disc and bloodwork for Sjogrens-so I won't be back until this evening. Have to take Twy with me. So have fun with Missy- Carla
  15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Sweetie, it is amazing how they know exactly what you are saying to them. I can't get over the fact that he knows when it is his grooming time. Every 6 weeks he will come to my door in the morning and start whimpering because he knows he is going to "Kennlewood" to see the doggies. It is so funny.

Rocky and Jack are getting along awesome. I have always wanted a chocolate lab for a playmate for Jack.

Carla, I would love for Missy to stay with us and play with Rocky and Jack. They are all getting along just fine so you go do what you have to do and we will take care of them.

It is so funny, Jack hates to get in water and anytime we walk he always walks around the sprinklers and away from any puddles. I have never known a Lab that doesn't like water. We have a pool and he will not even attempt getting in it. I have picked him up and put him in there but oh boy he did not like that, but he was a good baby and stayed on the step. LOL

Well, I guess I should get to work. I am so tired. I could not sleep at all last night. Went to that marketing thingy till 9. Got home and watched the (recorded)American Idol with hubby. Couldn't sleep so I read till midnight, hubby comes to bed and snores all night long. Aaaaghhhhh.

Is that hot tub still going with the Calgon.

16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well, I finally got this old puter revved up enough to sneak back on here. Been keeping up with you all via Lincamp and Mr.Dad.

I see a lot of original porchies are still on the Porch and some new names too.

Sorry I missed the party-I would not have ben able to dig out of the snow here, I admire Lincamp for being able to parachute in despite her bad snow.

So who remembers me???

Annie Girl (cromwell)
  17. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

My name is Mickey and i joined the porch about 3 months ago I guess. I love it here. I try to come on every day. It is just a majical post that is addicting. Everyone is wonderful, welcoming, humorous and caring.

Nice to meet you and hope your computer keeps on ticking so you can stay on with us.

18. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Count me in, I am always looking for some kind of trouble to get into. LOL I think we would have a blast. Let's get all the porchies in on this and have a night out on the town. Maybe dinner and then a little dancing. No, Granni, no jitterbug this time. LOL I am still recooperating from that party.

Maybe we could all take a carriage ride with blankets and hot chocolate and talk about the Spring that is going to be here before we know it.

By the way, it is going to be 60 again today, I am so excited. Maybe finally Spring is here.

By the way all, say a prayer for my daughter Ashley she is so bummed that she didn't get the full ride to college. I told her we will work it out someway for her to be able to go to SLU. I hate when she gets disappointed, she has worked so so so hard through highschool to get where she is. Ever since 9th grade she has had her heart set on SLU. I also told her that things will work out for a reason and whatever happens you have to accept it. Thanks ALL.

P.S. Elaine - I had a pair of leather pants and hiking boots too. Ughhhh

Take care, Mickey
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2008]
  19. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What a pleasant surprise to find you on The Porch this morning! I've been missing you so.

Linda has given us a short update on you but that is not the same as actually being able to talk to you again.

I have a migraine this morning and was not going to post but when I saw your post you just "made my day".

I have so many questions for you. When or if you feel like it I would love to hear an update about you and your family. I've missed hearing about Danny, Geoff, and your husband.

Welcome home my friend and hopefully you will be able to visit us more often. You've been an MIA for a long time.

Until recently I have not posted on a regular basis either but I try to read the threads. With my cognitive problems I just could not keep up with everyone so I have just been checking in and posting when I am able.

Many hugs to both you and your family.

20. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How wonderful to see you back. Is this just an isolated visit as computer troubles won't let you drop in regularly?

(My computer is really on the warpath as folks used to say. At the moment it does not want to send or let me read mail.)

Of course, I remember you. We have a bonding spot called Decorah, IA. Haha.

Did you know there are two songs named Gentle Annie? One by Stephen Foster and one by Tommy Makem; both wonderful.

How is your brother doing? And your son Danny? My relatives in Minnesota expect Spring in about 3 weeks. Same for you?

Too bad you missed the party y-day, but there are lots of goodies in the fridge.