Porchlight is On Vol 260 (Est Klosed!)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jul 1, 2008.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

See, I toad ya I'd b-bac!
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

It's not even noon, and my Alzheimer's is causing trouble already. As soon as I find out the proper organization, I'm going to make a report . It's time the authorities did something about this.

Anyway, I went out to do errands and drove past my first destination and went to the bank w/o my checkbook which is lost again and... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Other than that, things are fine.

Linda, I wondered what you were doing in the tub yesterday w/ an ice bucket on your head. I noticed it said "Property of Motel 6" on the bottom.

(The ice bucket's bottom.)

I'm so old I remember when that was what Motel 6 charged. $6 a night. If there were two people, they bumped it up to $7.

Thanks for the news about Danny. I hope medical science can do something for a change. They sure can charge a lot of money for accomplishing nothing.

I was a little puzzled by your initials: BBL. Finally figured out you were joking and meant Blond Bimbo Linda. (Right?)

Elaine, Dave Barry tried synchronized swimming. He fount that like so many things it was a lot harder than it looked. Did I post that previously? Getting so I can't distinguish between what I intend to do and what I've actually done.

Julie, glad to hear your ear seems to be getting better. I looked at your picture. You and Den appear to be too young to be retired and too cheerful to be missionaries.

Who is Carl Castle, Marta? I looked on line and found a site about getting his voice on one's answering machine.

I have no special requests re: my birthday. Gordon and I generally ignore birthdays.

They make venison cat food?! Dear Me!!!

Georgia, your decision re: employment sounds very sensible. You ever notice when the hero in the movie decides to do something brave but also stupid, the audience cheers? Sensible is prudent, but people find it dull.

Don't go to college. Run off w/ your beautiful but unstable S.O. and join the circus. Put some adventure in your life.

Why the Baas, MrDad? You been listening to the Whiffenpoof song again? Two of America's greatest baritones recorded it: Bing Crosby and Robert Merrill.

Yup, Carla, got 3 tattoos. Got one on a bicep to see if it hurt. And it didn't so I got a couple more. I'll show 'em to you sometime when we're in the hot tub or the sauna.

Mickey, I think it's understandable you would have a different opinion about the behavior of friends and the behavior of your 15 year old daughter.

One of the nice things about the board is most people understand we're all a little goofy at times, distracted by brain fog, pain, medicine problems, etc.

Elaine signed of w/ hugs to all, petite or tall. My sentiments too. Hugs to all, teapot or shawl.

3. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I have become totally lazy since my son is vacationing with his sister.

I have done some housework, and now I am done with that now what?

I am making pot roast for dinner, dh and I will be eating that for several days.

Rock, what are your tat's of? dh has several, I have 2.

Annie, I hope all goes well with you and Danny.

We are finally getting some much needed rain, so I don't have to water my plants today.

More later,

4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I responded to your Email earlier in the Aft. Boy, isle tell

ya, that sheep of yours seems ept at pulling the "wool" over

your eyes! I assume She has been sheared for the Summer mos.?

(Ya see how much we City Kids know, about sheep farming!)

P.S. Anxiously awaiting a report on Annie and Danny from
    our Linda Girl! (Our beautiful blonde Linda Girl!)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/01/2008]
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Didn't do to much today besides go and get my hair done today and finished putting things in bags to put out to be picked up for donations tomorrow. I really have alot more I should get rid of but will wait. I am always afraid to give something away, as I might need it "someday" (-: !!

Linda - How nice of you to go and s see Annie and Danny to to bring them some things they needed. Wow, that surely was a far trip to the hospital for them, Please give my best to Annie and hope that Danny will now finally be on his way to getting better with his facial skin condition. I hope they truly find out the problem and take care of it soon.

Julie - What a nice picture of you and Den. You are truly special to do what you did in Belize, eblieve me. BTW, how is your ear feeling? Can't be to bad as you are there busy planting a garden !!! Wish I had you energy kiddo !!

Georgia - Hope you are resting and trying not to let this who job thing upwet you to much. BTW, what is cranberry beans? I never hear of them before. Or do you cook beans with cranberry's ???

Bevy - Enjoy your peace and quiet without your son. Yes, I am sure that you will have alot more leftovers with him gone now, and less to pick up too (-: !!

Rock - sorry about your brain fog today. Did you ever find your check book? That can be disasterous if you don't find it, of course.

Almost beddy bye time so I had better take off. I already took my meds that I am trying to cut back on and am also trying a very low dose of melatonin tonight. So we will see how that helps. Hopefully it will and I can continue to cut back. The only problem I have had in cutting back is not sleeping as well (clonozepam and flexeril.)

Love to everydobby,

6. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Linda, I am so so glad that Annie has you to lean on. What a wonderful friend you are and how fortunate Annie is to have you be able to be there for her. I do to wish we could all have a reunion and meet. I am sure we would be up for 3 or 4 days straight just talking and talking. That is my dream and wish for us all to meet.

Julie - I really hope when my girls get older and have their own children that I am as close to them as you are with your kids. They are so lucky to have you for a mother to look up to. YOu and Den must be their idols. I was not close to my mother so my wish is to always be there for my girls. I just hope they never move away. However, if they did I am sure I would follow. I would just die if I couldn't see them when I wanted too.

Rock I have an idea about your checkbook. Tape it to the dashboard of your car, that way when you go to the bank it will always be there. Well, maybe that wouldn't be a good idea, someone might break in and steal it. Sorry, I can't think of any good ideas to keep your checkbook handy. Oh I know, keep it in one place at all times, that way you will always know where it is. LOL LOL

Mrdad, how are the beekeenee girls doing. Have they been out lately. What are you doing for the 4th, hopefully watching the big fireworks display.

Georgia, I am praying and praying that your DD will find something that he will like and be able to work at until he retires. I am so sorry you two are in this situation. YOu don't deserve this. You guys should be enjoying your lives now and having fun. Love you Cow Town Girlie.

Granni - What are you doing for the 4th. I can just imagine that you will be going to a big party that has dancing, wonderful food, great company, fireworks and of course Bailey's. LOL Have a great 4th with DD.

Well I know I forgot some of you (well not forgot, just my brain is busy right now). Love you all and have a wonderful 4th. I of course am having lots of people over for a barbeque and swimming. Also, if we all sit on our deck we can see fireworks everywhere in the sky. It is gorgeous at my house on the 4th. Don't have to go anywhere to watch fireworks.

P.S. I know what BBL stands for - Beautiful Bodacious Linda.

Bevy - What are your tatoos of???? When I went to Dallas for my Senior trip, I was in the tatoo parlor sitting down to get one and then I chickened out. I was going to get a little rose on my shoulder blade. Oh well, maybe in my next life. You go girl.

Love you all , Mickey
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Big news! I got my $300 stimulus check. I won't say more, because politics/the government is not deemed a suitable topic for the board.

Small news. My Alzheimer's is alive and well. I just ate a bowl of berries and milk. It was only after I was done that I realized I never added the cereal.

Thanks for suggestion that I keep things in one place, Mickey. Now why didn't I think of that? Smile out loud.

By the way, if you decide to get a tattoo, I suggest you get a very small one on an area not near a bone. Less painful that way. Then you can decide if you want to get another one.

Watch out tho. I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Tattoos are addictive."

Bevy, I got a small tattoo on my bicep to see if it hurt. Three quarter notes. Felt like the guy was drawing w/ a pencil. No pain at all.

Later I got a ying/yang. Somewhere I have a matching (finger) ring. Also got a tattoo of a hand just in case someone needs a helping one. Or in case I need a handout.

Georgia, yes, like Granni I was wondering about cranberry beans. Looked it up. They are also called shell beans. Look like pale pinto beans. "A favorite in Italy and Spain."

You have an inquisitive mind, Granni. Yes, I found my checkbook. I had attempted to put it and my billfold in a bag of books I was taking to the Goodwill. The checkbook missed the bag and landed on the floor so I did not score two points.

Julie, "Never had so Much Fun being Miserable". Perfect topic for that article/book you write.

Linda, how wonderful you could visit Annie and Danny. Please give them my best wishes.

Oops, gotta try again to take my car to the garage.

8. Granniluvsu

Hi there my dear Porchies,

I imagine DH will be back soon so I had better type fast (that means I probably will have lotsof typos (-: !!

Nothing really to interesting going on here. TPV has already come and picked muy some used draperies, clothes and a playpen. Now I got rid of the playpen (still in pretty good condition my DIL can get pregnant (-: ! They hvae been trying for awhile and that stupid palypen has been sitting in my closet talking up alot of space. Well, I finally did it. I figured out that if I got rid of it she would get pregnant. That is what happens alot of time. I also told her if they do foster to adopt and get a child then she would probably get pregnant again. It has happened to many people I know.

Rock - I am so glad that you found your wallet. Don't feel badly about misplacing stuff, I do that too even if it is supposed to have 1 place. That is a good idea but the problem is sometimes I do not put it in the 1place(-: !! Geez. I just pushed something and the post got sent and i wasn't through. Luckily it was so posted and so now I am editing (or really finisheing my post).

Mickey - There is nothing to apologize for sweetie. Don't worry about it. Hope all is going well for you this summer with work and the girls and DH of course. We may be going to o our sons fo the 43th not sure or they may come here. The other family is in the proccess of moving others are gone, etc.

Georgia - Hope Mrt M finds a job soon and am glad he is on unemployment temporariy. That should help some anyway.

Elaine - Glad things are going so well with you .

Linda - Thanks for update on Annie and Danny. Tell them hi from us amd muysdlf please. Sending hugs and prayers their way.
    MRd - thanks for getting us started AGAIN< I gotta get off for DH. Seeing any BKN girls lately? Hope the weather is good for ya.

Love to all,

[This Message was Edited on 07/02/2008]
  9. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

name to boredbevy.

My pot roast came out deeelicious, so good in fact that is what dh and I had for breakfast today.

My daughter said that she will be coming down on the 21st or 22nd. I am excited already.

Tonight we are attempting jambalya, I have looked up several recipes seems easy enough.

We have been invited to our friends house for the 4th, their local park has a big festival, so we have our plans set.

It is not the same without the kiddos.

I have 2 tat's, one is a symbol meaning family it is on the inside of my ankle, the other one is a flower.

I think that they may be addicting, I have thought about getting another one, but with me feeling so fmy all the time I don't know if I will.

10. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Well, I have so much to say since I've been reading the volumes and meaning to post but they are going so fast by the time I get ready to post my message we are onto the next volume. LOL.

Lydia: Happy Belated Birthday. I love the blonde. You look absolutely gorgeous!

Rock: I have a tatto myself. It is on my calf. It is pretty large and of course guess what it is ---- flowers. LOL. I love it and I still get compliments on it all the time.

Annie: Unfortunately Danny is in the hospital but I hope with all my heart they finally get to the bottom of this problem. I will keep you in my prayers --- stay strong hon!

Lincamp: How are you doing? It has been three weeks since surgery and I feel like I never had it done. I never did have to use a bone stimulator. They just did a straight fusion and added a plate so that might be the reason why. I believe they took some bone from your hip for your surgery. The bad news is no anti-inflammatories. The migraines are horrible since I stopped the pain medication. I'm hoping once things heal they will fade away....at least that is what 3 of my dr.'s are saying....we'll see if they know what they are talking about. LOL. Also, I thought TTYL meant (talk to you later) --- but I think I like your version better.

Bevy: So your house is quiet. Do some nice things for yourself and enjoy it! I've been toying with the idea of another tattoo as well. But Randy my SO hates them so maybe I'll just get a pair of red lips on my butt cheek just for him. LOL.

Georgia: I'll be sending prayers that Mr. M finds a job soon.

Mickey: I think those belly button piercings are so cute. The only time I don't like them is when a girl has a gut and it is hanging over her low rider jeans and you can see the hint of a thong as you look behind you. Gross! LOL.

Granni: I've missed ya! It sounds like you still have been busy. I just don't know how you do everything...you truly inspire me!

S-Elaine: Girl, you crack me up with all your antics. Back in the day before this DD I use to bartend and the big talk was one time a fight broke out and I jumped over the bar in a mini-skirt and stopped the fight. They say the fight stopped more so because the two guys were so shocked I could actually clear the bar and in a mini-skirt yet. LOL. Those were the days!

11. Granniluvsu

Monica - Sorry to hear you are still not feeling so well after your surgery. I hope you start to feel a little better soon.

Bevy - If f the recipe you have for jambalaya comes out good would you share? I love Cajun food after living in LA for 2 years. MMM, YUMMY !! Try not to get to bored. Enjoy yourself and feel lucky you did not have 5 children. I never was bored, to much going on and also a sick FIL with us.

Annie - I am thinking about you and hoping that they find out Danny's skin problem soon !! Poor kid !! Also keep the faith and try and be paitnet. I know how hard it must be with sweet Danny and all he extra problems he has. He is so luck however, to hae such a great mom.

Linda - You have been so good to keep us informed of Annie and Linda when she is at the hospital.

Jodie - Thinking about you. Hope all is well and haven't heard from you in quite awhile.

Hope to be back later on.

Don't know if I left anybody out last time (there are just to many of you great people) and my memory is to poor to name everydobby !

Hugs and blessings to all,

12. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Rock, don't spend your stimulas all in one place, well you could if it were the 99 cent store, that will really make it stretch.

Granni, I would love to share the recipe, we will see how it turns out. 5 kids oh my, 3 kids are enough for me.

I will stick to dogs from now on. We are thinking about getting another bull mastiff, probably around Christmas time.

Monica, I was in the bar business for 20yrs. I bartended for most of them, I blame that for most of my shoulder, back and leg pain. I have repetitive stress syndrome, along with oa. We can go get our tat2's together.

Annie, I hope that you are finding the answers for Danny's condition. Please let us know when you can.

Lin, you are awesome, it is so nice to hear that you helped Annie.

Time to get cooking,

13. ckball

ckball New Member

I seem to have my days and night mixed up, I get up 10-11 but don’t come to life until after 5 or so then go to my rock place and fill my car up and come home and unload it.

I am SUPPOSE to have help tomorrow but I have been so disappointed latley by people so I am not holding my breath.

Well by the time I have read everyones posts I am having trouble remembering but will try.

First Linda thank you for taking care of our Annie and updating us on his progress. That is great she gets to stay at the McD house. Give her all my best.

Rock I am sorry your are having to look for keys, checkbooks and such. Maybe get you a man purse to keep all those thing in. I liked the story of your tats, never know when that 3 rd hand may come in handy and the ying and yang, we all need balance..

Bevy enjoy those quiet moments, take a long bath, read a book, look at the stars, just be.

Julie I know what you mean about not having enough room, my 2 rooms are a mess as I torn my old shed down and can’t make my mind up about what I want now. I thought I knew but it’s hard to let the money go.

I have art supples, stained glass stuff, tiles, sewing, wood working tools, planer, table saw, routers, it goes on. I need to hire a pro organizer. Hope you get your house in order soon

Georgia sorry to hear about Mr M at least he is getting something and hopefully things will pick and he will find a better job than he had.

Granni glad to hear you are giving away some things to goodwill, It was hard for me to get rid of my work clothes, suits and such but sometimes we just have to let it go. If you haven’t used it in 6 months let it go.

Micky I bet you will have a good time this weekend, I could stand to lay in the pool and dring nuttery bipples but I have to go to the sweat shop, I mean antique shop. I pray the ac is working. Have a great weekend.

Elaine the twirling banana, very well done. Glad the Dr’s appt’s went well, other than the mean assistant, I would have said the same thing.

Monica sorry things have not improved more for you, just give it some more time and try to get some rest when you can, Our little and big plants have not fully bloomed yet but will post a pic when it does. Has there been any progress with your house.

Sweetie you haven’t checked in for a while. I have been in a slump this week, manage to accomplish something each day but it is harder and harder. I need help to get my projects over the hump and then I should be better. I would hate to think this is a long term flare after doing so well for so long.

I think that is it for me, off to bed and hope the help shows up tomorrow and is willing to do what I need done.

MRdad what is going on in your neck of the woods? Check in soon still waiting for the new games show.

My computer keep popping a message up that MS word is not available. Has done about 10 times while I have been writing this in my email program.

My poor puter is maxed out and I am not sure what I will do, hate to buy another one but may sell this one to a art friend.

OK nity nite all-Carla
  14. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I just wanted to let all of you know that I'm doing very well from my surgery. I have no pain whatsoever from the surgery itself. The pain is gone out of my shoulders and my arms no longer go numb. I feel so much better from the surgery. I wish I would have did it much sooner.

On the flip side yes the migraines are bad again but it may be from the healing of the surgery or just because of the FM. I use the valium they gave me for the muscle spasms for my surgery and it works so well for the migraines but I'm sure my migraine dr. will not allow a refill on that medication. My dr. hates all pain meds and uses a lot of anti-inflammatory treatment which I can't be treated with right now. But we will get this figured out.
  15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Well, yesterday was a really bad day here at work. I was so so stressed and left early. Just up and left. I can't believe I did that. The owner had me really upset. This morning my boss (not the owner) talked to me and really made me feel good. So at least that ordeal is overwith.

I can't wait until today is overwith, I will then have 6 days in a row off and away from this place.

This morning I woke up and my whole body aches so bad I could hardly move. I remember when I was first diagnosed with this DD that was how I knew something was wrong. I would wake up every morning not being able to move. I know it was probably from the stress of yesterday so I hope it is only temporary.

Anyway, I am sorry to complain so much so enough of that. The porch is a happy place so I don't want to put a damper on it.

Well, tomorrow is turning out to be a big big party. I have at least 25 people coming over (I have a big family) and now my sister wants to know if her friends can come over too. I should have said no, but I am just too nice. I am not looking forward to getting all the food ready. I am just worn out and just want tomorrow to be overwith too.

I really hope Danny is doing okay and can't wait to get an update on him and Annie. I keep thinking about them.

We got to Lindsay's game last night (8:15 game) and they played one inning and it started lightning so they cancelled it. That was a waste of gas and time.

Well guys, I kind of down in the dumps and this is a short day today so I need to get to work.

Love you all and have a great weekend. I will check in at home with you all.
  16. Granniluvsu

Probably don't have much tie right now to write as DH should be home soon most likey. Then I am sure he wiill want to duse if for awhile and then go work out. We have not done so in awhile. I know will not do any arm/hand weights or machines. I asm still sore from the last time. Not sure what I did but I do not want to do it again..

Carla - Sorry you are starting to feel soewhat puny again. I also hope that "HELP" comes that was promised. What are they supposed to do for you , work outside in yur "mud puddle" that you have been trying to fix, or what?

Monica - Sorry if Iread your post wrong somehow I gathered you still were not feeling well after your surgery. Sorry you are having those teribl migraines. I think I have had some of those but not lately. It is not fun.

Elaine - Will you please hand over some of that vim and vinegar you have? Don't know why people think I have any to spare cause I do not. I am a good faker and just not used to having anyone do alot for me. My mom was like that I guess I have alot of my mother in me, even though I also look more like my dad and his side of the family. However, I would have someone come in and do some of the stuff I hate to do and hurts me IF I could ever part with the $ you have to pay them to do so. I may have to do that so someday !!

Julie - Sorry to hear about your storms and hope your ear is feeling better today, at least a littl bit. You are another busy girl. I have so much that I really need to do around her, and here I sit typing to you all (-: !!

Bevy - How was that jamblaya last night?? Hope it came out good. Always ready for a good and EAsy recipe that doesn't take a bunch of ingredients !

Rock - Hi there, have you spent your stimulus pkg check yet??? or put it in the bank (-: !Hope things are going OK for you there and your puter is behaving. Were you ever able to go to play bridge on it??? Sorry you are having problems with you car. Hope it isn't a big deal that costs alot.

Georgia - Hope things are going OK with you and Mr. M..Hope he finds a job really soon that was better than what he had. Mrd - Hope all is wel with you. You should be busy peeking at those BKN girls by now. It surely is hot here !!

Well, everydobby, I had better sign off for now. I have to move the stuff from my washer into my drier that I forgot about yesterday. I put them through the rinse again today and I had better go and get at least that much done.

Mickey - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well and so achy. II know how that feels all the time. I hope it goes away for you, especially as busy as you are.

Love you Y'all and those not named,

17. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

was very good, we kind of winged it, we put everything but the kitchen sink in in. What a great way to clean out the fridge.

onions (white and green)
    clove garlic
    chile powder
    salt n pepper
    Tony Chachre seasoning
    2 cups rice

we chopped everything up browned it, put it in a pot added beef stock added the rice, let it cook for 35 min.

It was a little spicy, but good. We have plenty of leftovers so we will take it to our bbq tommorow, and serve it as a side.

I am trying to take the advice of all of you to enjoy the peace, and quiet. I thought about it this morning and I had better. My son comes back on 21 and he starts band on the 30th. I signed up for 3 commitees and that starts also.

What was I thinking????? Dh says I get too caught up in the moment and volunteer, and don't think about the fm.

I just have to figure out a way to tell them that I have limitations.

My mil just got back from Europe today, so we will be having lunch with her so it is time for me to go.

18. Granniluvsu

I am sure you don't measure much plus I know the spices are "to taste" but can you give me an approx. amt. of spices you used. I know I can always add more but not take out once it is in there.

We like some spicy food but not sure if we like it as hot as you do. Not sure I would need the jalapeno or the chili powder or at least not the amount. I would have to do alot of tasting while I was cooking to determine how much of whatever to add. What kind of sausage did you use also, celery, and ( radishes) is a new one to me but I guess you were cleaning out the refrig. (-: !!

If you could give me a few answers to these questions I would really appreciate it. No need to re-write the recipe. I copied it but if you can give me a few specifics I would appreciate it SO MUCH !! Yes, I nave never made jambalaya except from the Tony Chachere's box or something (-: !! The TC seasoning might be almost enough besides the onion and garlic. Oh, also how long do you cook it? Do you use canned tomoatoes if you do not have the fresh?

It does sound very good but as you know we all have different heat telerances. We got used it pretty hot when we lived in LA byt that was also abaout 30 or more years ago (before these DD's) (-: !!

Hugs and many thanks.