Porchlight is On Vol. 53

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Nov 29, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Made the Move early kids!
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you did it before midnight striked before you turned into a pumpkin.lol

glad to see you are back.

i am going to bed shortly here.

sorta of tired and tummy problems, well ibs.

have a good day i'll be thinking of you during my vocab quiz.

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

So good to have your light touch back, Joe. Rocky did the best he could to keep us and SMG under control but we wandered into the glumps anyway. Holly days tend to do that. Good news about SMG leaving soon since we need a blowout party.

Rock, I laughted out loud at the "crank is now behind the wheel" comment. You sure got that right and sometimes I'm one of them. Nobody seem to remember what that lever is on the left side of the steering wheel! Either that or they keep forgetting to fill up on signal fluid.

Jodie, now you behave yourself with that married coach or SMG will be on your case! I hope the boys win the game and you can travel victoriously onward, without the ex.

Annie, I especially came to the Porch this morning to wish you a very happy birthday. May this year be the best one yet.

Here in Michigan we're expecting a winter storm. It will kindly hold off until I'm back from my doctor's appointment this morning but may put a crimp into my Shelter time tomorrow. Since getting sick I no longer drive fearlessly on ice and find myself watching the sky the whole time I'm gone. Cuts down on the fun. People keep having to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention.

I wish you all a good day, this birth day of Annie C.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well here I am, sixty!!! I wish I could post a photo as I still look pretty dashing despite this DD.

So thanks for the birthday wishes and for coming to post especially. We are off to the Chinese Buffet for lunch then cake tonight. Nice to see you back Joe too hope you had a good trip.

Danny has been off school all week due to the fact he refused to go in, now he says he will be going back tomorrow! We also heard there may be a place for him in February at the Special School across the street, we hope so.

Danny got me a portable CD player (so I don't keep stealing his!) and Dan got me a small easel and some new paints so I need to get brushes and canvas and I can be off painting again if my hands permit. The best gift was to hear Geoff is breathing on his own now. Plus it is 63 degrees here in New York today on St Andrews day too, so happy that to all with Scottish blood.

Love Annie C.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Many Happy Returns, Annie.

Wear your tam at a jaunty tilt.
    Get one to match your tartan kilt.

I wrote you a longer verse on your birthday thread.

Marta, you'd better hurry to Pep Boys (or its eastern equivalent). They're having a sale on signal fluid. (The prices flucuate cause they're fluid. Haha)

I made stuffing y-day as I found a left-over package of breadcrumbs. I put in a can of cream soup which worked out nicely. Unfortunately the chicken broth I used wasn't low sodium, so it's a little too salty.

Oh well, one man's salt is another man's salary. Or in the case of stuffing, celery.

6. gilley

gilley New Member

Annie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Best wishes, Gilley
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

As I said earlier, took ya awhile to "ketchup" to me!
    But I'll be ahead of you again soon! Now---Rocky you'll
    never ketch!

Hope you have a great B'Day Lunch! Remember, that not
    only is S.F. the Home of Rice-a-Roni, but also the Birth-
    place of the Fortune Cookie! Hope ya fine a great one

Lots of Huggles!
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Greetings to all,

Welcome back Mrdad. Hope you had a good trip. Glad you made it back safe and sound !! We missed you around here and glad you made it bac in time so you did not get into any trioble with SMG (-: !! I was missing fora while to but that was cause I couldn't figure out where to post when they moved our porch to the chit chat board. I finally figuraed it out after I noticed that someone else had a similar problem. Didn't realize I had to find the specific meassage board and not the one for FM, etc. - DUH !! I ama little slow but sometimes I finally do get it.

Hi Jodie - I am so proud of you and all you are doing!!! I hope you get a good grade on your term paper. I was wondering why you seem to have so much energy and get up and got for all your school activities (I know you don't always have it and you are doing what you have to do). I noticed myself it makes me feel better just to get out and do what I enjoy and to try and forget the pain and lack of energy. In your bio I noticed that you are a year younger than my eldest daughter. Of course you younger ones have to do what you need to do to make money to eat, get a roof over your heads , pay bills, feed the kids (if you have any) etc. etc. Keep it up girl !!

Annie - I know that I already wished you a Happy Birthday before and not sure exactly when it is or was and I see others also wishing you a Happy Birthday today so I will do so again !!! A BIG Happy Birthday again to you. If you were here I would sing it to you. I could even do a harmony with it if someone else would like to sing the melody !!! Are you impressed ??(hmmmm!!)

Rock - I like your poems or rhymes !!! Your stuffing sounds good, sort of familiar too. It reminds me of that chicken recipe where you put chicken breasts on the bottom of a baking dish, mix cream of mushroom soup and sour cream and put on top of the chicken and top with the ST Stuffing mix or any other stuffing if you have it already made. Comes out pretty good, after you bake it of course' for 45- 1hr at 350., depending on the thickness of the chicken etc.

It is easy and I do it quite frequently when Ihave the ingredients.

Hi Gilley - Have I missed a new person here or
    have I just been gone to often??

Sorry all, gotta run and get ready to go OOT to Dallas this weekend. BTW, a cold blast came into TX today and it is COLD and rainy now with some ice and stuff in Dllas. Hope that goes away quickly. Had to ride to the endo this morning to bring my 24 hr urine same in (what fun that was yesterday and then go and get my blood drawn. Go for my second visit to this new doc next week.

Bye to all and STAY WARM !!

As Mrdad/Joe sometimes says !

Warm Huggles to all,

Love ,

Marilyn/ that Granni (Cookie to Mrdad)
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just sent off a note to the porch and I forgot to say hi to you. Hope you are feeling OK. My brain is so frazzled lately trying to remember everything to do this month that I forgot to say hi to you too. I didn't hook onto the other screan so I could try and remember who posted.

Hope I didn't forget anyone else.

Stay warm and happy !

10. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hey gang

How are we all? I have some very exciting news!!

I had such an amazing night last night! Hubby and I went to see the Chicago musical. It was fantastic and Kevin Richardson from the Backstreet Boys was playing the role of Billy Flynn. I have been a BSB fan since grade 7 (almost 13 years ago!!) and getting to see Kevin in this new role was so wonderful. He did a spectacular performance.

After the show we found our way to the back theatre exit (along with a good 40 other people) and I got to meet Kevin!!!! :D He signed my program and a few pictures that I brought along from a concert. He was so kind, humble and sweet. He's very soft spoken. He posed for a picture with me and I got to give him a hug! I was so blown away, it was such a dream come true. I told Kevin (while I was hugging him) "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me" and he after our hug put his hand on my arm and said "You're very welcome"

It was such a joy to meet him. His music brought my parents, aunt and I so much closer together as we are all fans and went to the concerts (10 of them!) together.

That night just lifted my spirits so much, you have no idea. I wish my mom could have been there to meet him too. Her arthritis is so bad though that the hour drive to Toronto would be really hard on her. Kevin did sign a picture for her though and she is VERY happy with it.

I put the picture of Kev and I in my profile.

I hope all is well with everyone. I am off to my dr. tomorrow for my check up so I will let you all know how that goes.

11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm really thrilled for you about meeting Kevin! It must
    have been so exciting for you to actually meet him and
    get and autogragh and photo op wiff him! However, I'd be
    equally interested in seeing a photo of you and Monty to-
    gether and see if he still maintains that cute puppy smile
    after that "little operation" he encountered!

His 'lil paw print on the Pic would be thrilling to me!

12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

To all my Porchie Friends who welcomed me home so warmly,
    I wish to THANK YOU!! As I've already mentioned, I did
    miss you ALL so much. Currently attempting to "ketchup"
    on past Vols. Don't want to miss out on anythin'!

Sorry that so many have not been feeling well! We must all
    take on the Holidays with caution and not over stress our-

Airport security was a breeze for me! Returning from Port
    land, a rather attractive 40' ish looking Security Agent
    looked at my Pic I.D. and commented, "well this must be
    you, there can't be TWO gentlemen this good looking!" I
    remindered her that I would be coming thru Portland again
    in the Spring and perhaps she would like to partake in a
    (2-Fer-1) dinner at "Happy Steak" one nite? (Don't ment-
    ion anything to Fredericka!) Shhh!

The Airline people were so nice! I was thrilled when they
    suggested that maybe I would like to Co-Pilot for awhile?
    I impressed them all as I took the aircraft into a "cork-
    screw" dive from 33,000 feet to just 5OO ft. above the
    Ocean before climbing back up out of the dive! The FAA
    has invited me to relate my story to them next week!

Hope ya had a wonderful B'Day today Anne and that you are
    comfortably sleeping by now!

Still trying to get over that Jet Lag thing! Rock knows
    what I'm sayin' as he and Gordon just did that Portland

Gonna "see" ya all on the Porch in the 'morrow I hope.
    Sleep tight my Friends,

[This Message was Edited on 11/30/2006]
  13. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Man! I need to be here on the Porch instead of in Michigan where we are having freezing rain. It's suppose to change to snow here soon but I suspect we won't get as much as other states. Snow doesn't bother me but ice does! Thanks to whoever built the fire in the fireplace.

Lemme see, I want to say hello to everyone I see.....

Annie, I have a lot of glads for you: glad you had a nice birthday, glad Danny decided to go back to school and very glad that Geoff is breathing on his own. I just finished a book called Waking by Matthew Sanborn about his experinces as a parapalegic. Talk about counting blessings! My son missed that experience only by the grace of God but he still has no short-term memory.

Rock, thanks for the advice about where to find signal fluid since all the stores around here much be sold out. It's amazing how many people must not have any or maybe their car was made without that lever. I was very careful to get a car with one in it.

Marilyn, creative cooking is fun and I do thank you for reminding me of that recipe for chicken. I haven't made that in years and think I have all the ingredients! I'm hungry already. Maybe I should have breakfast first.....? Enjoy Dallas. We'll miss you.

Carla ck, I can't wait to see what the next glass art piece will look like! You're such an excellent artist and I admire that you've kept at it even though I know you must not always feel like it. I had a doctor once who swore that generic drugs were not the same as brand name and I tend to agree with him. The pharmacies didn't agree and insurance carriers don't either but I've felt differently on one or the other.

Linda! Good to see you here. We'd never give away your chair - although I think it held a few holiday wreaths so you'll want to brush off the needles. Maybe Rock will know the origin of doosey. My grandmother used to say that too. I got tired out just reading about your tree light dilemma. I would have given up after the first frustating batch. On the Porch we can point and Jerome does the work. Here, take the whole bottle of Absolut. Jerome will only drink it anyway and then the wreaths will be crooked.

Bekah, good news that you got to meet Keith Richardson and that he was so gracious to you. It's always good when the people we admire are kind. Did you show him your tatoos??

Joe, I'm very glad you bribed....oops, I mean charmed your way through Airport Security. Once they saw what precious cargo you had locked to your wrist, I'm sure they let you right through. It's not every man who's handsome AND has an attache case full of 2-fers. Be sure you take them when you meet with the FAA!

Here I'm hoping the ice will magically melt so I can go to see all the fuzzies in the shelter this morning as planned. If it doesn't, I'm going back to bed and read - OK, and sleep.

Hugs and hot drinks all around the Porch. Safe travel for all who must go out.

14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

When I was a kid it was considered polite for men to call girls "ladies" and to call ladies "girls".

About 25 years ago I went to work for a law firm. First day there I said "Excuse me, girls" to 3 women who were chatting in front of the copy machine. One got so mad she never spoke to me the whole time I worked there.

This illustrates that people who look for trouble, find it.

Tom Leher said, "When I was young there were certain words
    you didn't say in front of girls. Now you can't say 'girls'."

I mention all this because, like James Burke, I am interested in changes in society; also the rapid rate of change.

Anyway it's nice to be here on the porch. At my age it's nice to be anywhere.

MrDad, I don't believe for one minute that you are a pilot.
    Pilot-light, maybe.

Marilyn, your recipe sounds good. You have the stuffing all made before you put it in the dish, right?

Carla, hope you can get your glass project worked out. If I tried it there would be broken glass and bloody fingers in the studio.

Linda, hope you can find a decorating elf or a helper elf.
    Call Elfs backwards "R" Us and see if they can't send one over.

Marta, haven't heard Doozy for decades. Looked in several dictionaries. Found the meaning (a bad situation). Well, we all knew that. Not a word on derivation.

All for now.

15. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hello everyone :)

Mrdad, I will have hubby take a picture of me and Monty tonight. He has grown so much! He is still a happy boy, he racing up and down the hall right now with his stuffed sheep. LOL

Haha marta, no I didn't show Kevin my tattoos. It was pretty chilly outside! Although I bet he would have enjoyed seeing them, he has a tattoo as well on his hip. Chinese characters for "Music is love"

Had my checkup with the dr. today. All went well, I updated about it on the main board.

16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

trust me i feel i crapola everyday 24/7. energy what is that.?lol. i am going 3/4 time college right now. i don't know how the heck i can do full-time classes? it will really interfere with my man hunting.lol

thankfully my son is more grown up. and hopefully my old car he has will hold out for awhile, unil either he can afford a new car or his big mouthed father will put up the car he promised him last year for his 16th birthday.

i am so tired right now. i went out last night and met another younger good looking man. he is 28 years old. he is in a rapper group, he is scilian. his father is a psychologist here locally in marin county. he is taking classes to be a physical therapist. so i said that would be great cause i could use one the end of the month.

i need to get going. i have to try to was my car. i hurt between those shoulder blades and neck. ouch! but the sun is shinning out here in cali. so i need to take advantage of it.

cody has a football game tomarrow on our home field. if they win they go to the oakland coliseum. then if they win that one. they go to l.a. home depot center.

17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

trust me i hate getting up in the morning. i wake up countless times. i take a vitamin b complex pill for energy. i don't know if it helps or not.

18. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good to see so many of you still here!

Our weather is at a half-way point at the moment; sleet stopped and snow pancakes that were flying by the window stopped as well. The wind is still going strong.

This morning I argued with myself until I wore myself right out. On one hand I so believe in doing what I say I'll do and I did say I was a volunteer at the shelter. On the other hand, I fell on the ice last winter and banged myself up pretty bad. I don't care for a rerun of that.

I compromised with myself. I made Marilyn's chicken dish (threw some fresh brocholi in for the fun of it, under the stuffing - I'll try to remember to let you know how it turns out after it's cooked), took a nap and THEN went to the shelter. Where I found no way to get inside. Now, back home I feel better for having tried. You know, once we give in to fear, it's got us!

Rock, yes, things they do be a'changin. I rememeber when my step-mother talked about what she had done with "the girls" and I had to squelch a smile. Now I think it sounds just fine.

Bekah, I'm looking forward to seeing the picture! I don't remember: Monty's your dog?

Carla NL, glad to hear that you're feeling better. Did you ever figure out what caused the nausea? And yes, I detest ice! Sorry, too, that I have to beg off your project invitation but if the ana-mules can't have me, can't nobody have me today.

Jodie, you snuck up on the Porch while I was talking, didn't you? You have sun????? Amazing. Guess I know why my youngest son lives there, at least compared to today here. Gooooooooooo,Cody and team!

Hugs all around,
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  19. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

not working when you string them up! so i don't know if i will be doing it or not. i have my surgery on 12/27 on my elbow and i just am not sure if i will be able to get my son to help me out.

he grumps like his dad does or used to.

so last year i didn't even put the tree up. because i got tired of being the only one put the darn thing up and having pesimistic people around them.

i will tell my best xmas was when i turned 35! which is my b-day. i told my crappy hb that i had booked two rooms in reno for my birthday, haven't decided if if wanted the in room jacuzzi or not. he said what about xmas? i said what about it? and he said what about cody opening his presents? i said we open them then we leave the house. sounded simple to me. i said if you want to to stay here then fine. or if you and cody want to come then fine. i said i refuse to sit around on my birthday and stare at another xmas tree on my bithday.

it would i gambled, drank and had fun.

20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank goodness. i had the car washed yesterday so i need to was it myself to day and vaccume it out. i really should write down a list of things to do. i got to get the costco bundle of t.p out of my car and paper towels. then i need to buy some baby wipes. they are great to take make up off with. and other fine uses.

maybe i will find a nice young man at the car wash to pick up and take home. then he can clean my house.

i still need to put up my curtains in my apt. i have to go to home depot and buy curtain rod extenders. jodie