Porchlight is On VOL. 59 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Dec 13, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm sneakin' in while all the Porchies on the other
    Coast are sleepin'. "K"?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2006]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---to be SICK when ya live "alone". No one to moan and

groan for and solicit "pitithy" from. (That's a pity and

sympathy combo)! Did phone my "Old Squeeze" and got a

a little "phone pitithy " though. Got ta get better B-4

she arrives next week for Xmas! Hope there's no danger

in taking Ibprophine with that "Niagra" Subscription!

Thanks for your concern Linda, Seasee and Jodie! I'll

"soldier" on.

"Talk" in the A.M., "K"? Cough-cough, sneeze-sneeze!!
    MRDAD aka Joe (the sickie)
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thanks seeisme i do need a rest. i know i will get some on surgical date.

i just did a couple of mini reports.

i need to take cody to school in the morning cause his bat mobile needs the new batter put in it. i can't do that myself
    his dad was good for that at least.

i have a full day ahead of me. i don't know how i will do it.

but i will soldier on like mr.dad

joe i hope you have a great time w/the old squeeze.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good of you to be thinking of the folks on the porch in your hour of misery, Joe.

(Hey! It's more than an hour.)

Yes, I know. That's just a literary expression like over the rainbow or things too fierce to mention. Sleep as much as you can cause that's when you heal.

That was my mother's theory of medicine anyway.

Jodie, are you going to keep on w/ school despite your surgery? Remember the first episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show? You got Spunk!

I hope everydobby is being sensible about the holidays and not overdoing. Yes, that's right. Being sensible isn't much fun, but we need to stay reasonably close to reality, at least most of the time.

Here's some seasonal humor I read someplace. Where does misletoe go if it wants to become famous? Why, to Hollywood. (Which is right next door to me.)

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Well, folks, I got a cat. She's here forever or for just a few hours more, I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning toward the latter at the moment. If you, for some reason, want the whole weary story, check my post called Cat Lovers: Help!

Sorry to hear that Joe is feeling under the weather. Rocky, where does that expression come from; aren't we always "under the weather" unless we don't have an umbrella?

I'm thinking of you all, haven't read or written a a day or two - can't remember.

Hugs all around the porch. I 'm going to eat and try to nap while Ms. Sophie is napping. Lordy, it's like having a new baby......ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

My opinion on the cat (for what it's worth) is that you need a cat whose sweet and cuddly and already well adjusted. All those cats need good homes, not just this one. Cats come in a wide range of personalities and a stinker is a stinker so if she doesn't settle down in a couple of days I would consider getting one more appropriate to your situation. Also, consider the fact that this cat may hurt your granddaughter if she (the cat)is that grumpy and antisocial.

Take care and rest up - maybe it would be better to get one after the holidays when life settles down a bit again.

Love, Gretchen
  7. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

sounds like a Hoedad - which it sounds like you feel like you've been hit over the head with. I hope you feel better very soon.

Yep, we've got a good'un comeing in today - sposed to reach winds of over 100 mph on the coast so we'll get probably 60 or so. The rivers are already way up because of the snow melt from the last few warm days so it could get interesting. We are up on a rise but when the flooding get's bad enough we do get stranded. This afternoon I will heat the house up to "stifle" so when we lose power we will stay warm for awhile. A few hours isn't bad but a few years ago we lost power for 10 days, the weather was very cold and we have electric heat. Not fun.

Rocky I can just imagine the delectable fare you will have for the holiday feast with Gorden as Le Chef.
    What does Santa drive in Oregon?
    Speaking of which I can hear some mistletoads croaking outside my window right now.

Hey Jodie, I hope you are caught-up on your extra credit projects and can get some rest - when does your term end?

Hi to all and sundry!

8. gilley

gilley New Member

Well I only worked a half day today. It is about 50degrees out and the sun is breaking thru on occasion. I may go for a short walk, depending on how I feel. Some short walks are to the end of the driveway!!!

Mrdad - You have my 'farthelt" (thats a combo of heartfelt) pitithy. Listen to Lin, that is good advice. Also change your toothbrush. My Grandmother always did it and I think it is a good idea. My Grandmother was neither a nurse or doctor, but she lived to be 94.Of course, by then ,she wore dentures, but anyway I thought I should pass it on. I also want to know about the "old squeeze". I must have missed who she was because I was a late admission to the porch. I assume you are talking about a human and not citrus fruit. So do tell, just a brief synopsis.EUE LA LA!

Marta - congrats on the new addition! Sophie is such a cute name. I will leave the cat chia pet on the porch by your chair.

Rockor - Tell Gordon thank you. I would never have thought to try something like that. I am going to go the fillo dough route with the shrimp. I am hungry just thinking about them. Funny you should mention the Mary Tyler Moore show because I loved that show. I would watch all the reruns until I could recite everyones dialogue. OHHHHH MR. GRANT!!!!!

Sesiaisme - My sleep quality is much better. Tylenol pm has been helping. I hope your wish for Lin comes true. If she wins we will all go on vaca together. If we do, will we have to wear a bag on our head so as to not reveal the real us? Well it would save on makeup and hair products!!

Lin - Are your arms out of slings yet? I hope the meds help.I need slings for my arn flab problem. I am glad I live in a colder climate and can wear long sleeves. I found that the underarmor they sell for athletes really keeps my flab under control. A well fit Victorias secret bra and underarmor and I look pretty darn good to the naked eye.

SMG - Sorry for the naked remark but I felt that it worked in this context and did not conjure up a vision of a naked person or any thing like that. Do you know were the tern "naked eye" came from? Also, I really liked your picture. You have beautiful hair and a face of an angel. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, and know that you are in mine. I will see you in the chapel tomorrow morning. So glad you are back from the Vatican.

Well gang, I must wrap some gifts. The motrin has taken effect and the fingers are more limber so off I go.

Always, Gilley
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well I did it again. I wrote a nice long post and pushed something and it disappeared. ---- -- !!So I have to start again on the abbreviated version.

I am finally back for awhile. Our last singing program to do is tonight and then maybe I can give my vocal chords a rest and do some more shopping and cleaning, although most are getting money.

Mrdad/Joe - So sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly and have no one to give you pitithy. Well, I will try and give you some. Oh you poor baby - Now eat some chicken soup, drink plenty of fluids and gets LOTS of rest ( rub some Vicks on your chest) and maybe that will help you. That is mother (Granni)Marilyn giving you advice that I am sure you already know. However, I was going to tell you anyway. Now when your Old Squeeze comes I hope you will be all well !! Don't spread it around. I don't need it for sure and hope you have no fever. Be careful . You do not want to get any p-neumonia or bronchitis. I have had lots of that stuff - not fun !!

Lin - I hope your arm is feeling better and out of the sling or will soon to be.

Rock - I think I missed that receipe of Gordons with the shrimp. It sounded great. How nice to live with someone that can actually cook . My DH can opens cands and do steaks on the grilll - once in awhile, WOW !!

Marta - I am glad you got a nice Kitty. I hope Sophie will behave herself and not be like my daughters attack cat- it was psycho but they did have him for a long time anyway. Most of the time you just had to stay away from him.

Jodie - Try not to over due. You wear me out kiddo.

Gilley - I am glad that your sleep quality is better. Are you taking anything. I finally did have to - some generic Flexeril and Klonopin just at bedtime.

Hi Sees !!

Hope this finds everyone doing better and staying warm esp POOR MRDAD who is all by himself and feeling SO POORLY- COUGH, COUGH -etc.!! Seriously, I hope you will start feeling better REALLY SOON.

As MrDad says ,

Lotsa warm Huggles to all,

Granni (Marilyn)
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we know how to party on the porch like no one else can.

thank you for all of your support. oops, i got to go to my oven making some of those mozzerella sticks. no they are not homemade. be right back. ahh, it i warm and gooey.

just put the terriyaki beef tenderloin in the oven now. i will steam some asparagus and possibly some acorn squash. not quite sure. should i go for some garlic mash tators instead?

rockgor, i don't know if it is spunk, but i will let you know i just don't want to give in early yet at the ripe age of 41, well almost 42.

grannyluvsu i don't mean to wear you out reading my posts. but you are a great support. my grandmothers have all moved on to their new world in life.

cody is out trying to put his new battery in the bat mobile right now. i should go check on him to see how things are coming along.

i have the option of taking my math test tonight or just waiting till tomarrow. i get to take if for the best of two. i am so darn tired i don't think i would do well tonight. may have to cram my friday full then go celebrate later that evening.

then i can show up for saturday tutoring if need be. and on mon and tuesday they have a group ???brain fog. study group w/teachers.

i am getting approximately a 93% in psyh right now. that term paper hurt my grade. i did do about 14 points extra credit today to turn in. plus i got another 5 pts today for my practice test. so she gave my grade w/out the extra points. plus she gives us another 2 for not missing any class. well that would be me.

i just need to do my pysch review, study terms etc. i should do fine. praying smg will give me the sense to pick the right multiple choice answer and relay it on my scantron correctly.

gonna go check on the car battery...

love and hugs to all you fibromites and cfs
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i need to do something special for this man. he has always been friendly to me. and when i needed some advice about my male that went to rehab. he gave me his personal outlook as a former alcohol and drug addict.

so i am so lucky that he went and did this for us. i didn't ask him to help him. he went ahead and did it anyway.

i have a female friend coming over for some dinner. we will probably go out for a cocktail. i won't over due it. cause i have to do my math tomarrow.

so my semester term will end on thursday. that is my son's 17th b-day. my how he has grown.

12. ckball

ckball New Member

Did anyone miss me. This is just a drive by.

Oh what a strange trip it has been. I will post the boring details latter. But I did see the movie, EVERYONE needs to see it. I saw the stars and made an appearance on Inside Edition, not interviewed but a real close up shot and our local premier special show.

See my profile, I still see Matt but you should see me.

Joe-joe- I am sorry you aren't feelin up to snuff, Rockor where did coome from.

Marta hang in wiff the kitty for a couple days.

Jodie, why can't you change a battery you need a wrench, battery, strong lad to pick it up. Most cars are held in my a clamp bar, but comes off. I have done it. Just make sure the red + matchs the + on the battery, black to neg-

I have been going non-stop until today but had so much to catch up on, I'll be at the shop tomrrow.

It really was a cool experience and I hope you buy it when it comes out- more later

to every I missed, I will get caught up soon-Carla
  13. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi all,

Done playing hooky in here. It's been a rip roaring couple of weeks. In one heck of a flare and wouldn't you know the doctors testing has been going on and on. Gee you'd almost think they'd wait a few weeks. I up dated profile for information on this stuff. Weather is strange with Global warning. Most all storms went out to sea and it's been in the 40s temp wise. Hard to feel like I'm preparing for Christmas with all the mud around.

Hey Mrdad,sorry to hear you're not up to snuff. I found out where the Russians are Coming was filmed. The story is set in New England but something didn't look quite right. It was filmed over there in Mendocino, Cal. on the most part with a little bit done at a small town south of Fort Bragg. Hubby says it was the color of the ocean that clued me in on that bit.

Glad Jodie's doing so well in her schooling.She's being brave as hell mothering a teenage boy at the same time.

Marta decided on a kitty from Hades,I see. Cats can be snuggly companions or crazy,gruesome,psyhcotic meanies. Doesn't sound promising dear.

Carla sounds like she's having a good time for herself.

Rock's sense of humor is always a wonderful thing to obtain lots of smiles.

Hi Foggyfrog, love the name as It's often foggy behind my eyes.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Just had to say Hi, Alive over here in Maine.....Weezie
  14. Granniluvsu

Hi All again,

Just finished the last performance with our small group attaached to our Choral Society-hooray. Now, just choir practice on tuesday for Christmas Eve Mass. Then after that not even sure what will happen with our choir since our leader is now retiring to take care of her sick husband and herself. We'll have to wait and see.

Maineweezie - I just love the picture of that kitty on your bio. I hope that Marta's new kitty will be sweet like that picture. Of course pics can be deceiving. Either he or she is very sweet or is that a devilish grin I see on its face (-: !!! Hope you do not get to cold over there in Maine. I come from LI, NY originally and know how cold it can get. Maine can get some good snow and ice storms - brr. I surely can't take that stuff anymmore.

Jodie - I hope you do great on your finals. I am sure you will . You sound like a great student. It also sounds like you are about the age of my eldest and second daughter. My eldest was a very good student and did well in every thing she tried. I also have s granndson close to the age of Cody - almost 17. Now that is scary esp since he is living with his dad who is divorced from my third daughter and for good reasons. That is a lONG sad story !! Again take care of yourself and keep on working hard BUT try and take care of yourself too. I am surely glad that I didn't get this DD when I was young with all my kids. Although I think I first got it when I was close to your age or a little older and was just dxed about 9 months ago or so. Great huh ??!!

Hi the CKball Carla - Sounds like you have been having a good time. Let us know all about it when you get back.

Marta - Hope your kitty turns out to be sweet. Be patient ! I am sorry I didn't read anything about her misbehaving but someone did mention that she had. I have been in and out and have missed a bunch of good stuff on the porch lately.

Hi Froggy - Every time I see your name I think of myself - foggy most of the time !!! That is the cutest name.

Mrdad/Joe - Have you been eating your chicken soup and resting like a good boy ?? Hope you have been taking good care of yourself so you will be ready for your "Old Squeeze."

More warms hugs to all,

That granni (Marilyn)
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but i have carpal tunnel and also tennis elbow surgery on 12/27...too much for my body.

mainweezie and granny-thanks for all of your kind words and you too ckball.

i took the night off temporarily. my friend and i went over to another friends house and watch the 49'rs win. i could care less who won.

16. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Good morning porchies

Well, we made it through the wind storm with minor damage, a few cones ricocheting off the house like gunshots and little branches all over the drive and yard this morning. My Sister in laws sister in law had her brand new truck smashed flat though, and they were leaving on vacation today. Were. We didn’t even lose power for long although a bunch of nearby towns are still out.

We have a lot of mia’s this morning – I hope they are just busy.

MrJoedad are you feeling better at all?? I hope so, we’re thinking of you.

Marta are you out there? We need a kitty report!

Granny, good to hear you’re baaaaaack. I have always wanted to be able to sing well but I sound like a frog in a bucket. Not pretty.

Gilley you crack me up. My 7 year old was observing me getting ready for the kids’ winter program the other night and said “Mom, have you noticed that old people always get really fat thighs? Why do they do that?” My husband about fell over laughing. I’m not really so overweight but he’s sure right on the thigh thing, and I could fly with my arm flaps. Gittin old aint for sissies.

Carla-C, great picture and congrats on the movie! I’ll buy it for sure.

Weezie I hope you get juuuust enough snow to cover the mud and give you a pretty white Christmas. I’ve never seen one – we get a skiff of show occasionally but never and I mean never on Christmas.

Jodie woohoo, you’re almost done with your term! I hope you enjoyed your night out ‘cause you deserve a little R&R.

Carla-nl How is the dizzy stuff? Maybe I missed it as I’ve been on and off lately but I haven’t heard. I hope it’s better and that life settles down now that the latest stress has departed (though I’m sorry things didn’t work out) How’s the juicing going?

Much love to y’all,
  17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I had a lovely nap today thanks to the silent Miss Sophie and feel a mite perkier. She was an angel last night but I was still wound up. I can't imagine what it would be like if I had a really super big change in my life and I don't want to find out, thankyouverymuch.

Since I haven't been here on the porch for awhile I see I have some ketching up to do....

JoeDad, I do hope you're feeling better. That new toothbrush idea is a good one - or you can soak it in alcohol too... hic

Jodie, my goodness you're quite a cook! I was drooling by the time I finished reading your note. I do hope you'll leave some for us here on the porch. Good luck with your car battery. Those things seem to have a mind of their own and it's not always good.

Rocky, yes, my CFS doc says that if we can't sleep, we can't heal and I'm here to attest to the accuracy of that one. Zzzzzzzzzz OO Zzzzzzzzzz OO

Gretchen, if Sophie goes back there will be no other cat here. I've learned my lesson, at least for now. She is being a good girl, though, and I even was able to move her litter box down to the bottom of the stairs, out of the dining room. Right now I'm fostering her and will decide in time if I want to make it permanent. Kinda like two people living together nowadays, ya no?

Gilley, Thanks for the neat chia pet with the catnip growing out of it. I won't tell you no who right away, until her tummy settles down from the Big Change in living arrangements.

Granni, I hope you're appropriately proud of yourself for your choir membership. It's fun but it's a lot of work too - and don't they always practice at night?!

Carla ck, good to see you driving by in that limo. See my icon? I'm waving at you.

Mainweezie, good to see you too but sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly. You haven't been knoodling wiff JoeDad under the porch again, have you? He's a charmer, our Joe.

Carla NL, so glad you're feeling better. How goes the remodel? I thought of you today when I was looking over the shelter remodeling. Boy, I do admire folks who can do that. I can design it but I can't do it.

Where are the other Porchies? I assume they're busy partying and getting ready for the holidays - or maybe they're adopting cats. Haven't seen Rebeka in awhile, or Sweetie or Lola! where is Lola? or .... I'd better quit before I get myself in trouble here because I'll forget somebunny.

Before I leave, I'm putting this big thermos of hot lemondade on the table, right by the box of tissues. I found Jeeves' stash so it's got a bit of a nip in it, if ya no what I mean.... Best thing for all those colds and bluck or so I've heard.

Hugs all around the porch,

18. Granniluvsu

Methinks that MrDad/Joe may be taking my motherly (granmotherly) or whatever advice. I haven't seen or heard from him since he started this thread. Hopefully, he is behaving himself and sleeping !!!! That way he can hopefully, get rid of the creeping crud.

Marta - Yes, we do mostly practice at night and some of it is hard work. Just one of my groups is a daytime one and that is just alot of fun and not hard music at all. Thanks you for you sweet and kind words.

Jodie - what were you making in the oven that sounds so good? I am always ready and happy for a delicious but not to complicated recipe with not to many ingredients (-: ! It was beef teriyaki in the oven or something like that. YUMM!!! My dinner is cooking right now but now as yummy as beef teriaki !

Marta - Glad to hear that you had a good nap and that Miss Sophie is behaving herself. Hope it stays that way !!
    Sorry guys I gotta run for now. Stay happy and warm !!!! If there is any food leftover please save it for my next hop back in (-: !! Good luck, I am sure that there will be nothing left !

Bye for now.

Warm hugs,
    Granni Marilyn
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

OK. I'm up now! Just down on the canvas for the "Manda-

tory Eight Count". I'm up and fightin' again! Let me

at 'em!! Guido has alot of money on this boxing match.

Thanks so much to ALL who have demostrated such warm con-

cern! Too many of you to mention. I'd up here like some

Movie Oscar winner overunning my time allotment!

Gilley: The "Old Squeeze" is a Lady I met and (had??) a

ten year relationship with apres' my Divorce! We split

up over ten years but speak wiff her "everyday" and still

are involved as caring friends.

"Some people come into our lives---live footprints on
    our hearts, and we are never ever the same"

She will be down here to spend a few days at Xmas.

Marta: Glad you and the Kitty are getting on better! I
    responded to your Sophie Post.

Concerned about Annie C. and Sweetie among others of our
    Friends. Thinking of Honora also. Hope she is better,
    comfortable and warm.

Well, I was 'Posta sing the Messiah at Mid-Night Mass in
    at the Basilica. It's a solo and I just haven't been able
    to get a "Handel" on it! Maybe next year.(Sorry Rocky)

Carla-NL: Sorry that (you know) Fellow, had to leave Hol-
    land. You're gonna do fine! You have real strength. I
    send ya "lots of Huggles".

I'll get back wiff ya all real soon! Hope you are all doing well with Xmas prep etc.

20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it was a beef tenderlion marinated in terriyaki sauce. i made asparagus. skipped the garlic mashed tators.

i cooked alot more when i wasn't in school. too tired most times or just plain old not really hungry.

i went out tonight locally met some friends w/thier wee ones for dinner. i got invited to a party tomarrow. it might be fun. i know the host. good looking body builder. hey he owns an autobody shop as well. owns his own house, nice one at that. there could be a possible nice date there waiting in the wings for me for the holidays. oh i am have elbow in cast in about a week or so.

well not too much excitement. i recieved an 80% on my math test. better than nothing. now i am planning on going in for some extra credit to watch some math films. could give me an extra 10 points. it may be what i need for that a.

still some studying to do. monday going in for a review for math exam. then wednesday is the day. thursday is psychology. still have an a so i must still perform well on the test.

gonnna go now.

good night to one and all.