Porchlight is on Vol 62 (CLOSED) "K"??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Dec 24, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Merry Christmas to All!

Please note that Vol. 61 is yet available to read all
    past Posts on that Vol. All past Post Vols. are avail-
    able by typing in Porchlight on the Search spot on upper

JOE[This Message was Edited on 12/24/2006]

New Vol. 63 should appear soon!![This Message was Edited on 12/26/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Twas the night before Christmas
    And all on the porch
    Were......where the heck is everyone????

Jodie, I missed wishing you Many Happy Returns on your birthday. Hope you had a great one.

Marta so glad your son is out of hospital, whew!

Joe-is she there yet?

To all here, sorry I am so slow these days, the darn pain is geting to me, but a very Happy Christmas to you all and may 2007 just be better for all of us.

Much Love, Anniecrom
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope you are having a good time with Family, Friends and
    Neighbors! Yes, the "Old" Squeeze arrived late last Eve!
    Stayed up most of the night "talking" (if ya get the
    drift)? Was glad as I hadn't seen her since the Summer!
    Trying to keep her on one knee and the iMac on the other.
    I'm Happy she is lighter than the iMac.

My Son is in Oregon having Christmas with his Sister and
    Mother. Spoke with them this morning. He had no problem
    going North but his "Step Dad's" Daughter from Missouri
    I believe has been standed in Denver for a few days await-
    ing a flight out to Oregon. She should arrive Xmas After-
    noon. Is a sweet, intelligent and pretty young lady! Have
    watched she and her Sister grow for twenty years into fine
    young people. These days, that seems to be an accom-
    plishment for parents and children!

Do ya have a house full of kids yet? I do believe that it
    must be lots of fun and joy on the Holidays as well as
    other times. Got an E-mail Xmas Card from Fredericka as
    she does regret being unable to make it to the Board as
    often as she would like. I know she has told me how fond
    she is of you and how she admires your particular close-
    ness to Danny. Hope Geoff is continuing to do well and
    soon will be on a road to therarpy and rehap. We do have
    so many things to be thankful for in all other circumstan-

Very quiet in the City. Lots and lots of young people
    that have gone or have attempted to go home for Xmas!
    It is actually very nice amd peaceful. Hardly any traffic
    on the Blvd. for a change! Here's hoping you are having
    a wonderful Christmas. Huggles to both you and Danny!

P>S> Klick on pass Vol. for other of my mess. to you Anne
    Prancer has not been paying attention to SANTA!!
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I hope everyone is healthly and happy and doing what makes them happy.

As for me I am putting the frosting on my cake that I call home. Spent most the day sanding and finished out my mom's stained glass peice.

The girls had a bath since were going to see granny, then I got one.

I am about to turn in but just wanted wish a merry christmas everyone. Carla
  5. gilley

gilley New Member

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Mrdad - So glad the Sqeeze has arrived and you have been able to catch up on things since the summer. My husband wants to stay up all night talkin, if ya know what I mean, but I'm feeling exhausted and MUTE, if ya know what I mean.No one will catch me kissing Santa! I'm tired from buying and wrapping a gazillion gifts. Seriously, He's a dear but get real man!!!!! Joe, may I call you Joe, enjoy your visit and thank you for your hilarious and charming personality on the porch. Tell the squeeze to give ya a big east coast kiss for me! By the way, still no snow.

Marta - enjoy the holiday knowing your son will be ok. There are Christmas miracles.

Lin - I hope you can enjoy the holiday feast without those teeth. Any snow in your neck of the woods?

To Carla nl, CK, Grannie, Jodie, Rock and Gordon and Sweetie, I wish you joy, strength, energy and the blessings of family and friends. The porch is a wonderful place because of all of you.

Better go, I think I hear hooves on the roof and a jolly old elf yelling at Rudolph for eating too many cookies and carrots. Apparently that reindeer has a major gas problem!
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

born at 5:31 pm. i am dead tired right now.

my friend and i were up till 4 am. the last two nights. up early. likek 9 am. or soonner. well i went to a friends house for an irish traditional meat pie dinner. great salad to...

well i am so tired. gonna try to do somethings around the house maybe if i find any strength. i still have my suitcase in my car. it has my makeup etc. it in.

love you all and have a merrry xmas day to every!

7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Well, friends, I just read all of the posts on the last volume (like how I slid through remembering WHICH volume?) and see there is a price to pay for slacking off.

Today is a quiet day, yesterday afternoon being the get-together with my oldest son and family here in town. This used to be the day for my old BF's family Christmas but that's in the past now. So it's me and the Soph here on the porch, drinking some eggnog that someone left. It has a nip to it so naptime ought to come soon.

I'd better not drink more before I quickly say:

Granni, thank you for the good wishes for my son. He's still has a resting heart rate of 130 and is breathless but home. I hope those doctors know what they were doing by releasing him. With HMOs it's all about $$. Merry Christmas to you.

Linda, thank you for getting in touch with SMG and for the lit candles. I know they helped.

I see you have scopes in your future, huh? 'Twill be nothing. And what is it with teeth lately? I went through a bunch of new fillings and a couple of crowns last month. I suspect we might grit out teeth a bit, 'ya think?.... Meanwhile I loved your caroling. :>)

Carla ck: Thank you, too, for the prayers. I hope you and the girls have a good time at your mom's today. Merry and Happy to you all.

Jodie: 101%??? Wow! I'm impressed! If I had any NRG, I'd be doing the Happy Dance for you. Good luck with your surgery on the 27th. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOO YOU. You're in very good company on this day.

JoeDad: I have a feeling I know where you are and it ain't sittin' by the tree. Do have a lovely Christmas and give that "old" girl a squeeze for me. Thank you for your concern for my son. It means so much to me to read that you all were thinking of him - and of me. It's so FAR from here to there.

Annie, thank you for your good wishes,too. Being a mother never ends until we do. I do wish you a Happy Boxing Day Party. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Gilley, thank you for your prayers. I hope you'll all continue with them since we're not out of the woods yet, just out of the hospital. I'm glad you have a few days off to rest up.

Carla NL: You make an excellent point about infectious causes for anxiety! I hope someone finds this connection soon because it would answer a lot of questions for more than just us. Happy Day.

Bekah! I haven't seen you in awhile here on the porch. Good luck with your in-laws and, yes, I do know what you mean. I also wish you a belated Happy Birthday.

This morning I heard on the radio that James Taylor had died. To Sophie, who now has ringworm oh yes, I said, Probably died from pneumonia..... and didn't the announcer say.... ".... from pneumonia."! The little hairs are once again standing up on the back of my neck.

To all who asked, Sophie or "Soapy" as she's somehow come to be known, is bored and, as I said, brought ringworm home from the shelter with her. I didn't want to send her back to "that place" so I'm trying to treat her here. How you cure anything by putting ointment on the nose of a cat who immediately licks it off is beyond me, so I'm giving her some antifungal medicine that makes her dislike her food.

We have seen better days around here.

Meanwhile, I wish you all the happiest of days, free of pain and fear and full of love. I'm putting hugs on all the chairs, under the bankies to keep warm for you.

8. ckball

ckball New Member

I hope all had a great day today. I did see my mom and she liked her gift, then stayed too long at my best freinds house. I live alone and am not use to so many people talking, dogs, kids, oh my.

I didn't want to be rude, but she understands. We have been freinds since we were 12 and she has RSD, a nerve disorder and depression too.

Now I am home and had ice cream and cookies for dinner. I was going to eat at my freinds, it was suppose to be ready at 3 but they were really behind and I left at 4:30.

I have a second wind and am going to stain my boards so I can install them tomorrow.

Linda- use a eye dropper to flush your holes out after eating. Sometimes rinsing and swishing doesn't get it all out. I feel for you.

Marta- I didn't hear the news about James Taylor, your story raised goose bumps on me. I hope your son improves each day.

Does Sophia like to sit in your lap and be petted? I'm sorry about the ring worms but she will be fine.

Merry Christmas to all- have a good evening-Carla
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Thanks alot for picking up te ball for me and correctly starting the next volume. I just noticed that I posted after the last volumne (61) was closed. I was just about to open the next volume when I saw that you did so.

What will SMG think ??? Should I go and delete it or not bother? Don't want to get in alot of trouble (-: !!

Glad to see that your old squeeze is there. Now I hope you are behaving yourself <> !! Is that a silly question or what ?

Hope all is well with you and everyone peaking on the porch today. I just got back from a nice day with my son and some of my family. Just found out that my daughter in law and my son are expecting a baby. She has already lost one baby very early on. She is 7 weeks along and the doctor wants to do another sonogram in another couple of weeks. The doctor wasn't sure that all was developing quite right or not. So we are hoping and praying that all will go well with this pregnancy. They have been trying for quite awhile now. I know they will make great parents and so I hope it works out for them so much.

Please everyone say a prayer that all goes well with this pregnancy. Then it will be #9 for us. If you think that is bad, a friend of mine has 6 children and something like 23 grandchildren or something like that !WOW !!!

BTW, I will also be babysitting for one of my grandchildren during 3 days of the winter break as his mother was asked to work at her old job for a few days. She really needs the money. She is divorced and has one child with leukemia and the other I will be watching is a special ed student. They just moved and he hasn't started his new school yet- maybe for one or two days, not sure. She moved closer into the city to be closer to Texas Children's Hospital for his chemo treatments. Got some other good news though today that he is now on maintenance therapy and will only have to go once a month for his treatments, unless he becomes ill or something. He is only 5 and in daycare or pre school. He should be in kindergarten but he just turned 5. Maybe it is just as well with his medical problems and therapy. His mom had to miss so much work bringing him. So wed-fri I may not be on the porch much - maybe some in the evening.

Sorry for my rambling on. There is so much going on here.

Again. I wish you ALL a wonderful and blessed Christmas and healthy new year. STAY WARM !!!

Hi to ALL. I cannot remember everyone else's name at this point.

Marilyn (Cookie-Granni)
  10. gilley

gilley New Member

Dear Porch Friends,
    I was planning on stopping by the porch later on. Lin, thanks for cleaning up the mess. I am sure Jerome planned on sleeping in today.
    Christmas was very enjoyable. Everyone loved their gifts, everything fit and I was pleasently surprized with many gifts from the heart. My youngest saves her money from birthdays etc. like a little meiser. She spent quite a bit of her money on a very nice gift for me. It is never the gift really, it is the loving and heartfelt sentiment that accompanies the gift that makes it special. We had enough food to have invited an army of people.I am paying for it today. Bloated but content!
    On a lighter note, a friend sent me an article from her local newspaper that was written by a physician. Believe it or not it was about flatulence. That of course is the medical term for gas. I found it interesting and hysterical. It explained that there are two differt kinds of intestinal gas, and how they are different. Apparently there was a study where they had volunteers(who were paid a large sum of money) pass flatus, gas, into mylar bags. The gas was then analyzed scientifically. To ensure that they were really passing gas, they were given a meal of beans! I swear to SMG, I am not making this up. I would hate to have been the lab intern who was stuck on this study! Anyways, they of course did not need the study to confirm that some gas is less than pleasent to the olfactory sences. Apparently there is a charcoal lined underpant that was studied and did a relatively good job of eliminating odors. Believe it or not, they have a charcoal chair pad for office use. They did point out that the pad was not as effective as the pants. Well gang, as I plan my gift giving for next Christmas let me know if you want some. I do like to give unique gifts and this I think qualifies!!!!! Bottom line, no pun intended, in the study, we should all pass gas as needed without shame. For those that have a fear of passing gas in public, I could send you the e-mail address and you could join the support group!!

Well folks, I'm off to Macy's to see if they carry the charcoal panties in pink.

To the Moderator of this board, I apologize for the content and hope that I did not offend anyone!

Catch you later,
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

This is going to be a short visit to my great group of friends. I am looking forward when I am able to spend more time with all of you.

I've tried to catch up with everyone. My brain has been mush but I am going to try to remember to write something.

Marta....I read your post about your son earlier and prayed for both of you at that moment and since then too. I am so relieved that he is better. You have had a lot "on your plate" lately also. I think of you and your situation a great deal. It is not fun to be alone but you can be alone and be with someone too. This is a lonely disease. I'm glad you spoke with Honora. I really miss her. Last week I found a copy of a thread between us, Honora, mrdad, and Annie. I'm glad that I had kept it.

mrdad....I am so glad your "old squeeze" and you are spending some quality time together talking. It sounds exciting. Glad they got your prescription fixed for you.

Linda...This tooth problem is unbelievable. Four of us (ck Carla, Marta, you, & me) have had similar issue within the last 6 months. I do wonder what is causing this. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Well, this is unbelievable. I am in shock now. My best friend (the only real one I have left) just called. Her dad just passed away. This is totally unexpected. I have to catch my breath and figure out what I can do. I will be back when I can. I don't know what to do. She sounded so calm yet sad.

Be back soon. Love and best wishes to all. Life is a roller coaster isn't it?

12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hello, my Porchie friends,

Linda, an hour massage! Wonderful things are those massages. Do be sure to drink a lot of water the day before and the day of. Thank you for straightening up the messy porch. I thought Sophie and I did that before we left yesterday but I suspect that Jerome had a party last night. I laughted out loud at your suggestion to your hubby about the charcoal in his shorts.

I'll resort to Absolut anytime but I'm looking forward to those slushy Appletinis!

Carla ck, by golly, ice cream and cookies for dinner surely will give you NRG. Glad you got some however you did it. As you know by now it was James Brown not Taylor who died. As for Sophie and laps, she follows me from room to room and sleeps nearby but is not a lap cat. Yet.

GranniCookie, I'll send prayers for the new baby as well as the little guy with leukemia. Bless his heart. What a hard thing for the family too. I'm sure they're thankful for you.

Gilley, Some people will do anything for money! What a hoot - or toot!

Sweetie, hello and how are you doing? So good to see you. I appreciate your prayers for my son. He's still struggling with his breath and stamina and will see the doctor again tomorrow. Your poor friend who lost her father unexpectedly must be in shock. How awful for her and for all the family. There won't be another Christmas that everyone doesn't remember this sad news. Life is indeed a roller coaster and it's down more than it's up as we age.

Sophie now has a cold, or in cat terms, a URI. She's snuffy and sneezing but we just have to watch and wait it out since an antibiotic will stimulate the ringworm. Good. Grief! She's such a sweet cat but this sure is more than I expected.

Time to rustle up some grub. Why, I don't know because I've been eating all day long! For some reason today I had a big craving for chocolate milk. I can't remember the last time I had chocolate milk! Oh. Yes. This afternoon.

I hope all of you are having a restful day, coming down after the holiday and looking forward to the new year.

Hugs all around the porch,

13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just recieved two gift certicates to victoria secret's i wonder if they will have the special panties there for me.

surgery tomarrow is scheduled for 1 pm.

i had a depressing day yesterday. i ended up going to a local pub around 3pm. to go see a few friends. then came back around 5 pm. opened up my gifts from my son and exhb. then the exhb proceeded to tell me how he is his happiest he ever has been in his life. and how he was never meant to be married. of course that made me cry. anyways. i guess i should've said then you must have never meant to be a father as well. cause he has done such an awful job raising one.

he dropped me back off at the bar. then cody came picked me up. then i got sick. not too badly. i have not done that in years.

know i have a cold. i hope they go through w/the procedure despite the green phelmg. i have athsma as well.

thank you every for reading my wonderful b-day. sorry to be a downer. but xmas day was sad for me. i was alone. i did have friends call and invite me over, but i was not in the mood.

14. ckball

ckball New Member

Evenin everyone,

I'm just stopped by for a snack, I don't have anymore cookies to go with my ice cream.

Here is the We Are Marshall review from my town. I just wanted to share it. I can't wait to see it again.

I see we have some new members, welcome, mine is the baby blue bankie.

Sweetie- thank you for taking the time to visit. I hope things turn around you soon.

Marta- ok I have to ask was is NRG? I know I should have done the word thingy, but I'm wingin it here. Sounds like Sophia is making herself as home.

I'll be back later, I am going to poly my baseboards I stained last night.

If you wander how I do this, I have a 10 foot long table that is about hip height. I sit in a rolling chair and use me feet to roll back and forth. Kinda fun too, sometimes I just sit and spin,lol Carla

Published: December 22, 2006 11:27 pm

Marshall movie gets thumbs up in Ashland

By KENNETH HART - The Independent

ASHLAND — “We Are Marshall,” which opened in theaters nationwide Friday, has met with decidedly mixed reaction from film critics.

But it received universal raves from a sampling of moviegoers who attended an evening showing of the film at Ashland’s Movies 10.

“I thought it was an outstanding movie,” said Greg Haynes of Ashland, who played football for the 1969 Thundering Herd, but was cut the following year.

Haynes only found one fault with the movie. He said he didn’t think the stadium where the scenes depicting the Marshall-Xavier game were shot bore much of a resemblance to the old Fairfield Stadium.

The movie also received a thumbs-up from Haynes’ 11-year-old grandson, Brad Pierce of Ironton.

“It was sad and good at the same time,” he said.

Carla Ball of Ashland, who appeared in the film as an extra in a boardroom scene, said she found the picture “incredibly moving.

“Never give up. There’s always hope. That’s the message,” she said.

Ball was seeing “We Are Marshall” for a second time. She watched it at Huntington’s Marquee Cinema when it premiered there on Dec. 12 and was among the fans in the bleachers who watched the stars of the film and other dignitaries walk the green carpet at the formal premiere at the Keith-Albee Theatre.

Rachel Compliment and her husband, Andy, of South Point, both of whom attended Marshall, said they liked the movie well enough to recommend it to others.

“The story is well worth seeing, especially if you didn’t know anything about it before,” Andy Compliment said.

Rachel Compliment, though, said she questioned whether the film would resonate with viewers from outside the Tri-State who aren’t as familiar with the Marshall tragedy.

“I do think there’ll be a lot more Marshall fans come next football season,” she said.

“We Are Marshall” tells the story of the rebirth of the Marshall football program following the Nov. 14, 1970, plane crash that took the lives of 75 players, coaches and others associated with the team. It climaxes with the Thundering Herd’s improbable win over Xavier in its first home game of its first season following the tragedy. The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Fox, David Strathairn, Ian McShane, Anthony Mackie and Kate Mara.

Amanda Ingram of Louisville, Ashland’s former economic development director, said she liked the central message of the movie — that sometimes simply taking the field matters more than winning or losing.

Ingram, who now works for Maker’s Mark Distillery, said she considered herself an extremely competitive person and said she had always considered winning to be of paramount importance. But, “We Are Marshall” shows “there are definitely exceptions to that rule,” she said.

Danielle Doss of Fort Gay said she really liked what she got to see of the movie. She had to leave about three-fourths of the way through when her 2-year-old daughter, Sara, started acting up.

“I’d been dying to see it,” she said. “I guess I’ll just have to come back another time and watch it all the way through.”

KENNETH HART can be reached at khart@dailyindependent.com or (606) 326-2654.

• Click to discuss this story with other readers on our forums.

15. gilley

gilley New Member

Jodie - I am sorry you don't feel well. Drink plenty of fluids and take it easy. I hope you are well enough for surgery. You need to get it over sooner than later. You will be in my prayers.Don't let the ex get you down. It is easy for him to say what he did. He should never have gotten married. Convienient excuse to not take responsibility for his part in the demise of the relationship. I always say, "Don't let the turkeys get you down!!!"

Ali - Welcome to the porch. Glad you had a nice Christmas with your family. Having young kids keeps you busy. It's nice to stop by the porch for a little R & R. Looks like Lin is breaking out the Absolut.

Stopped in the chapel this morning and I didn't see SMG.Hope she is doing well.

What are the porch plans for the New Years celebration? I'll need to catch up on my sleep. Maybe a party under the stars by the lake. We could build a fire and everyone could bring a dish to pass. Lin can bring the appletini's. We may all be staying over, depending on how strong the tini's are.

Catch you on the flip side

16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well. She's gone. Has to be back to work on Wednesday
    up North! It seemed like a quick trip and I was hoping
    she could stay longer, possibly through New Year's. One
    New Year we came down here to S.F. and stayed at my old
    Family home and attended the play Les Mis! It was a very
    memorable weekend!

We had Christmas Dinner with my SIL south of the City
    and had a pleasant evening with my niece and nephew
    and her Husband and young Daughter. A very enjoyable

I made the mistake of giving the "Old" Squeeze a carton
    of "bubble bath" and gourment soaps that she loved! How-
    ever,I didn't remember how much work that was going to be!
    She kept calling me in to replenish the bubbles and look
    for the Soap! I'm sure Carla, that not even Twila is that
    much trouble in the bath! Ya know what I'm sayin'?

I'm so behind with my replies to all you wonderful Friends
    and may have to shorte this one a bit!

I'm am so glad to hear from you Sweetie as I know things
    have been very difficult.

Marta: So happy that your Son has shown such improvement
    and sorry that you are being subjected to the worry. I
    was certainly encouraged to see they had sent him home
    before Xmas. I think you and Sophie will continue to get
    along better each day! I sure miss having an "aminal"!!

Jodie: Best wishes for an "easy" time with the Operation
    and recovery tomorrow! I'd try to avoid those situations
    with the Former Hubby whereby he only thru thoughtlessness
    or ill intent manages to hurt you! Need not for any rea-
    son put yourself in that situation. Take care!

Linda: You sure have had a busy time of it! Hope you are
    healing well. Salt water should help wiff the healing
    but you are the Nurse and know better than I !

Welcome to Aligrace! I've checked your Bio. and assure
    our other members of the Porch that you not only meet but
    exceed our high standards for grace and beauty! (And
    don't pay any attention to the "untruths" about my being
    a womanizer etc.) We are happy to have you as part of
    this "infamous" group!

"Cookie": Boy, it sure sounds as if you had a busy Christ-
    mas! Don't worry about the "over-lap" on Vols. It is al-
    most unavoidable at times. I do it myself. Hope every-
    thing is well in Texas. I think the Boss is down there
    on the Ranch this Week! Maybe he'll invite ya over for
    a New Year BBQ??

Hey Gilley: You sure come up with some good ones! Oh, boy
    if they don't throw me off of here, I'm sure they won't
    you! Hope the weather is good back there for You and all
    the other Porchies in that part of the Country! Gotta go
    Kids. But I will be back "Later"!

Happy Holidays!
    JOE aka MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 12/26/2006]
  17. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to see you made your way to the porch. Keep in mind we have only two rules here:

1) Regarding anything said by MrDad, take enuff salt to cause cardiac arrest, and
    2) There are no rules.

18. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

how he was not meant to be married and he will always be alone. he is bipolar and has borderline personality disorder. so i never know when or what may come out of his mouth.

i feel like calling him up and telling him off on how hurt he is when he says such things. but not sure if i ever will. because i am not sure if he will ever get it.

so for the surgery everyone, it may get cancled. my fever is is going up. the anathesiaolgist.(sp)? said i need to get plenty of sleep. and that rsv is running rapid out her in the bay area. my fever is going up.

well i will let you know if i get to go or stay home.

19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sometimes I think that Bi-Polar people don't realize what
    they are saying oft times! If you confronted him today,
    he most likely would honestly not remember saying it! I
    wonder? My "Old" Squeeze is Bi-Polar and after almost
    10 years, I had to decide weather I loved her more than
    myself? I left her because I chose and saved myself.

Hopefully, you understand that concept and feeling and
    know that it was a most difficult decision for me to make
    at the time. Feel I did the best thing at the time and
    the accomadation made my life less stressful and our re-
    lationship immeasurable better!

Hope all the best for you tomorrow, "K"?
  20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is why i filed for divorce. i needed one, not that i wanted one. he would not go for treatment.

i chose to stop my spousal support when our son graduates from high school. so i would not have to anymore nonsense than i needed to.

well i hope i get better. i need to drink my water. i had chicken noodle soup. i made out of a bag threw in some chix breast.

so did you have a nice time w/your old squeeze?

rockgor did you have a nice time w/gordon?

hig to granni,carla, ckball,lincamp, marta, aligrace, gilley,callum, ouch, fight, georgiac and windblade. and the othe countless members here