Porchlight is on Vol 7(IS CLOSED go to #8)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just starting a new thread guys.

Love Anne
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  2. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Won't be so hard now that I stopped counting each one instead of checking out front before coming in!! LOL!!

How's everything going, Anne? I do try to read all the posts.

HEY! Mr. Dad. I put a new pic up for you. Check it out!

Time to get busy, I guess. (Ya, right!)

Or at least pretend to!

Need to go shopping for some new hankies so Mr. Dad doesn't have to wave around that old smelly one he's been carrying around for decades. LOL!!! I forget now whose idea that was...but I stole it!! Sorta.

You're all such great fun!!

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Great new pic. I love it!!! That mrdad he was sure off quick and chasing Carla the second your back was turned. NOT what I would expect from a good c c boy!

Love Anne
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You're a real pal! And to think I was gonna' ask Carla
    to get on the Chat Room wiff ya to give you my real name
    and email address! It would ( other than my other family)
    be you, Carla and Homeland Security. Freddie doesn't
    even have it yet! And we are commited. Well, I mean, I
    maybe should be!

Hugs to Danny! Hope the "Selection" is going well at
    school. Did ya see my O.J. comment on the previous
    Vol. toward the end??

MRDAD
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Where are you all today???

Gee this post has been up all day. Just too busy eating cookies or what!

Let's be hearing from y'all.

Love Anne

mrdad well when I get back from Canada, I sure will meet you and carla in chat room. I didn't believe the nun anyway. I know you are really a nice guy under the cloak of masculine mystique.....

6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Been online for a little while. Pain bad today.

Got a call last night telling me the Bible I ordered was in so I went and got it today. Should help me in my studies. I want to learn more about Hebrew and Aramaic, two of the three languages of the Bible, Greek being the third. I'll probably spend the evening reading and studying.

Warm day today. Actually had to turn on the AC! I'm heat intolerant. :-(

I'll miss sitting on the porch with you guys tonight. Gotta get the studies done by Thursday...and I hate to leave it to the last minute. Might never get done! LOL

Got a "date" Friday for lunch with my Mom and the reporter who interviewed me back in May for CFS/FM Awareness Day. He also interviewed her last year because she plays piano despite having lost her vision 6 years ago. She even has two CDs out...proceeds go to charity. Maybe he'll do a follow-up on one of us! We keep in touch and see each other occasionally. (As friends...I'm married!) The three of us have lunch together every now and then.

I think I'm gonna have to call the doc. My elbow has been hurting for over a week now. Dr. Jim thinks it may be part of the polymyalgia, but I want to be sure there's no injury. Plus, the pain meds (tramadol and baclofen) aren't helping any.

Well, I'll try to check back in later. If not...eat a cookie for me!

God Bless.
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Guess which one was a movie starring Ronald Coleman.

Anne, I'm impressed w/ your reading list. I tried, but I just can't read any of those old writers no matter how great. They just don't write in the modern style.

I see that Annie Proulx has won various awards, but I don't like her either. Much too stark for me. Her characters don't seem very human to me.

Here are a couple malaprops courtesy of Wikipedia. Tonya Harding: I'm not going to make a skeptical out of my boxing career.

Curly Howard: I resemble that remark.

A former boss of mine: Ok then. We'll meet at the office and combine the cars.

Zenouchy, hope you had a nice time at the wedding. Did you dance the hora? Johnny Desmond had a hit in the 50s w/ "Tszena, Tszena" which I guess was a hora. Very spirited and cheerful anyway.

I see all this talk of food has everybody itching to bake. Yesterday I had no energy. Couldn't even fix a sandwich. Just kept opening the refrigerator every hour hoping somebody would put something in there.

Course I was the only one home. Eventually ate an apple and a bowl of cereal.

Read a quote from I don't know who the other day. After the age of 80, everything reminds us of something else.

Don't think you have to be 80. After age 40 I noticed that everybody I met reminded me of somebody else.

And that reminds me, it's time for a nap. Not necessarily mine, tho. haha.

8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Busy day today seeing (?) the opthomologist who did my eye surgery. He's convinced that my vision will continue to improve. Obviously it's not HIS vision.

After that I was so pooped that I came home, found some chicken soup someone (me) had left in the frige, ate it, took a Xanax which I almost never do, and slept for three hours! Amazing. No matter, my bed will call to me early again tonight.

I'm zipping right through the new James Patterson book - oops! that's another thread...

We had a glorious day here in Michigan today. Y'all enjoy the be-u-tiful evening tonight before the cold front comes in tomorrow.

Hugs all around,
    Marta

9. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Wake, I did finally figure out that I'd seen the post about mrdad's (really gross) hankies from you...Time to join this century mrdad.

We'll take up a collection and send him some new hankies. He can get his own skivvies, I ain't goin' there. Was just makin' a lil' joke. Then after I thought about it, it just kind of got this "GROSS" factor about it.

I'm so sorry for being so bad.

Rock, I liked what you said about the person after age 80. Make that 40 or 50, as you say, and with CFS/FMS brain!! Everything reminds me of something else. I don't have anything so of course everything is something or someone elses.

HUH?

See, I don't even know what I'm saying myself.

I see how it is now. I turned my back for a minute...ok, a day or so...and off he went, in pursuit of another. Good thing I'm no wimp. I can give as good as I get. (In the good ol' days, that is...) Fickle, fickle, fickle. Type that fast 3 X's. Yikes.

Feel more like my ol' self this afternoon for a little bit. Nice to come out and play.

I CAN be serious too, really!!

It's just so nice to play for a change instead of dodging all the curveballs life keeps tossing at my head.

I don't do evenings much anymore, but I just recently got a new notebook, so who knows what I can do later...hmm.

Feel better, unicorn & prickles. (And all of you.)

Oh, and thanks, Anne. Us girls gotta stick together.

Men are fickle ox. Or is that oxes? Or oxen?

COWCOWCOWCOWCOWCOW I AM
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Don't know how you are able to work with this illness.
    Many people do but it's a wonder to me. The fatique is
    the worst part of my CFS as there seems no real relief
    from it! Anyway, admire your tenacity and courage!

Isn't the Journalist Tim Russert from Buffalo. I believe
    he talks about growing up there out of a blue collar fam-
    of which he is very proud. Wrote the book about his Fat-
    her.

Looking forward to the guitar when you and Hubby arrive
    at the Porch later! It's almost Friday already!!
    Just thought I'd say hello. "Talk" later, "K"?

MRDAD
  11. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Just dropping by to say hello. Feeling just awful, but wanted to get my 2cents in here before Vol 7 maxes out.

Rock, I know how you feel . I've had a couple of bed days. Absolutely no energy. Good thing I made that big pot of chili and the cornbread. Also had some leftover shrimp scampi w/linguini. But that's all gone now, so if I don't start feeling better by tomorrow, it'll be apples and cereal for me, too. Since cooking has always been my passion and my DH didn't really care to push his way into the kitchen, he's never gotten into the habit of cooking.

Frederika, hi, don't think we've met, but I've heard so much about you.....all good. Are you trying to give Mrdad a heartattack with that profile pic????? Bad girl!!! Bet he's lovin' it.

OK boys and girls, that's it for me...boring, I know...just pooped, what can I say. Gonna grab my book and head for bed. I'm reading "When Madeleine Was Young" by Jane Hamilton...great story spans family generations through Vietnam and Gulf Wars.

H&K

Lola
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You should be "beddy bye" as it's about 3a.m. in your
    part of the World! Really didn't get a chance to talk
    wiff you much. You know how crazy and irrational I get
    when Freddie shows up!! Makes me feel like I'm 16 y.o.
    again. I don't eat or sleep and just stay in my room.
    Oh, wait a minute. That's just like any other day! Huh?

Do you have a big day planned for Wednesday? 'Posta get
    are 1st real rain here aft. mid-night. Seems as if the
    Summer just flew by this year. Like to wash my windows
    before the rain sets in. Never really know here what
    kind of a season it will be. Could be very mild. Last
    year was extremely wet! It certainly isn't like the East
    Coast or North Country though. Can be rough in those parts
    of the Country!

Don't really believe that they have American Soaps on
    T.V. were you are! "One Wife to Give", "As the World
    Churns", "General Hospital", (Can't get a room if you are
    a private or sargent etc.?) Even I can only handle so-o-o
    much American "culture"> (??)

"Talk" later,"K"?
    MRDAD
  13. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Just had to jump in here and let you all know how much I enjoy these OT's. Trying to catch up with all the characters. LOL

Do ya mind if I sit a spell and just listen for a bit?
  14. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

I must need sleep too, coz I didn't even notice it was a "moon" wave. That's ok, made me laugh.

And thanks for the welcome.

Theresa
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I think you went "beddy bye" so won't see this 'til
    sometime tomorrow. Told Sister Gregory that you "found"
    those "antique trays" and but them in your car "temporar-
    -ily until (here comes the 'lil white lie) you could
    clean them up and get them over to St. Vincent De Paul
    thrift store! She was delighted with that thought!
    She even gave me one of those "Holy Cards" to send you
    that was actually blessed by a Pope. Didn't say which
    Pope so I'm a thinkin' that it may have been one of the
    guys in History whom they don't mention much!

Just take a couple of Sleeping Pills tonight and an Act
    of Contrition and call me in the Morning!

MRDAD
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Welcome! Does lp stand 4 Long Playing? Just wondering.
    You will soon fine that this Post is fun stuff and some-
    times even informative. But it is also a place for in-
    timate support among and open to all friends from the
    Board in general. The New Vol. arrives after 30--35
    "Hits" so as to keep it from becoming too cumbersume!

Won't take long to catch on to who is who and aquaint
    yourself to much of the silly fun as well. Feel free
    to come up and have a sit up here on the Porch when and
    as often as you feel the urge!

Welcome again and shall "talk" later, "K"?

MRDAD
  17. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The weather is still nice in North Carolina. The high today will be in the 80's ...a little warm but the high will be 60 by Friday with rain. I always dread such drastic weather changes. My body does not like it. I'm sure you can relate.

You just can't tell what you need to take to the porch...a fan or a "blankie". I love "blankies". I'm like a child, I suppose with my blanket. It goes with me where ever I go so I'm sure you will meet my blanket one day soon...like Friday.

Again waking so early...really need to sleep. I stay so fatigued. I attempted to post to you guys several times yesterday but would delete it each time. Words would not flow...having problems today also. A few of us are in a "funk" right now...Lolalee.. Marta...Prickles & now me.

Welcome to lptopcat! What a welcome...mooned on your first post. I'm glad you've enjoyed our threads and decided to visit. THE PORCH is a nice place to be...good friends...good food...and now good music...great scenery. Thanks for stopping in. The light is always on. Remember the light is still yellow...to keep the bugs away.

Will be back later to talk with all my friends.

Later

18. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Join the party. Hi everydobby.

The weather is CA is now cool enough that porch sitters need a sweater or a shawl.

Back in the Mid-west on summer evenings one could often see heat lightning is the distance. It didn't mean rain was coming, and it was too far away to hear the thunder.

Just brilliant flashes of light, low in the distant sky.

And we had lightning bugs. Sometimes we kids would catch them and put them in a jar to make a lantern. But we had to let them go. If we tried to keep them they would die.

30 years later I took my son to Minnesota. I was glad there were still lightning bugs and crayfish in the creeks for him to see. And wild rabbits, deer, squirrels, pheasants, etc.

In the last few years eagles have returned to southern Minnesota. When I was there a few months ago my brother drove me to edge of his village. There was a young eagle perched in a tree along side the Iowa River.

I think it is heathier to live in small towns. Certainly more pleasant than in these modern megacities. For one thing, more old house w/ porches.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  19. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I love to read your post. You always bring me back to a different time when life seemed easier and more happy.

Lightning Bugs....I remember so well. As a child it was a favorite summer past time. Did you catch "June" bugs and tie a string to their legs and pretend they were airplanes? It sounds so cruel now but we had such fun..my cousins and I.

I remember wanting to pass the lightning bug fun along to my daughter. One evening the backyard was full of them. We found a canning jar and did our best to punch holes in the top so they could have fresh air.

We caught so many and when we took them in her room, they looked like a night light. She failed to release them before bedtime and the next morning the jar was empty and our home was full of lightning bugs!

We had such a good time then. THANK YOU for bringing back good memories.

That is why I love my Porch...great memories with great friends!
  20. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hi Anne this is post 30 and I am closing. I will start Vol. 8.

Please edit the title to show Vol 7 is closed.

Talk to you on the Porch Vol. 8