Porchlight is on Vol. 80

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Feb 4, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Kids. Gonna get this Posted b-4 we catch too many

in between the Posts!

2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks! Please note that Vol. 79 is yet available for all

to read. I should be back later and say hello to all

apres' the laundry, "K"?

MRDAD aka Joe aka JoeJoe[This Message was Edited on 02/04/2007]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Doesn't "apres" have someting to do w/ skiing? You doing the laundry w/ your skis on? Better use that new detergent: Whoosh!

Used to have a sign in my office that said "Please remove your skis before entering the rest room".

Well, I finally got to the 99 cent store. Also the Armenian market. Gordon drove. Now I'm exhaustenized and need my nap.

Wherever you are, friends, I hope you are warm and rested and pain-free.

Ha det bra

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...you see this message three times, that's how many times it's taken me to get the picture in my profile. I took it on my porch and put it there in case anyone is feeling too warm.

Hello to all my Porch friends! Are you all watching the Super Bowl tonight?

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi again Y'All,

If you all didn't catch it before I am not really gung ho for the Super Bowl but DH is and I am sure all my kids are watching, esp the 3 out of the 4 GIRLS. Can you believe it? My son may watch it as he played it most of his life but I think would rather play it than watch. He also enjoys some of the play offs and BIG games.

I never grew up watching it that much. My dad watched it alittle and some baseball even some boxing way back. However, it was never a big deal.

However, I shall do my duty and watch part of it with DH MAYBE till after the half time, it all depends. As some of us gals used to call it THE STUPIDBOWL. My apologies to those of you that LOVE football like 3 of my daughters and DH. Although if the game is to one sided then the clicking starts. If it is bad, it will go off.

Joe - Thanks for starting up this new volume ( again )!! I am enjoying a fairly quiet day today with nothing really pressing to do !

CK Carla - Yes, I do enjoy singing!! Have always enjoyed it , music of almost any kind, singing and just listening. I enjoy dancing to but don't get to do much of that lately. Yes, I would say that (music) is my outlet and I think EVERYONE should have one whatever it is. Like your beautiful glass works that you do. Even needlework, reading or whatever you all enjoy.

Hi also to Marta and Jodie from the last volume and I hope our dear ALI is ok and staying warm with her sweetie pies and didn't get stuck out in that horrible weather yesterday going to her grandpa's birthday. That weather is just horrible. I should not even complain about our weather when it was in the 30's.

Bye for now. Gotta do a few more things before I have to watch some of that great game. I guess we want Peyton to win a game but I won't be terribly upset about it either way.

The best part of the game is that we will get to eat some cold boiled shrimp - yummy !! Got it from Sams, already cooked and frozen. Just have to thaw. Made my own sauce alot better than some of those bottled sauces. I love it with horseradish. We already ate the ribs for lunch !!

Rock - I guess you will be eating some of the goodies that Gordon is making for the game (before or after). It is so neat living with someone else tht likes to cook besides yourself. If I didn't cook I am afraid we would starve or open up a can(-: !!

Lots of warm hugs to all,

Marilyn (Granni)

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

mr.dad you better off using roller blades to do your laundry than those big clunky ski's.

i finished my math homework yippee..

i had to put the t.v. on mute during some of the game so i could focus. i was reading the chapter before i started a certain section...i was better off just going to the problems and doing them...all that jibberish about the truth about alegbra equations made my head spin.

i got out my bifocals that really helped to see the writing better but certainly didn't help me figure out what the heck i was reading.

statistics here i come...next year.

i stayed home today caught up on some beauty sleep cause i was just out playing around too much.

took a nice shower...my male friend he stayed i guess w/his dad and watched to super bowl. i know he was tired as well. he did get a his new car. not sure what it is yet. i was awaken during my nap by him. he said he would call later tonight he mentioned something about going out.

i said i have to be out my door at 8:30 am and can not miss class.

i think what i am going to do now is go muster up my mail from post office and see if i got any child support money in the mail.

the exhb said he starts a new job site in san mateo and if he doesn't like it he is going to quit and sign up at the union hall. and nope i won't even get a measley dime when he is unemployed. obviously he can afford to quit his job. he messed up and didn't claim his couple of days of work he did a few years back so the state is punishing him for not claiming it.

thank god i have my section 8 voucher, ssdi, and i took out a loan for school to put away for a rainy day...

know if i can get the darn areages of the ssdi that the feds have been holding up for like 2 years...i could pay off my car and then some.

oh well some to be ^*^^*...

everyone enjoy your night

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thinking of Gordon's Lemon delights as I'm sipping on
    my cup of Tea! Sounds like some productive things
    got "happened" cookin' and shoppin' wiff you two this
    weekend! I did manage to get the two loads of laundry
    finished and put away. Don't like the Laundry Matt
    as most people don't. Hello to the Gordin 4-me Rock!

Marilyn: Sounds like ya had a good weekend with the Fam-
    ily! Glad the talent show went well. I'm too stage shy
    to get up and sing. It's great that you hve such fun as
    it is a great diversion from tings as well.

Jodie: Sounds like you "watched" the game as I did. Didn't
    really pay much attention even though I had it on. I'm
    glad Baltimore finally won a Super Bowl as they evidently
    haven't in a long while. Such it's crazy in Maryland to-
    night! Sorry for our Chicago friends. At least they
    made an appearance after many close calls. Congrats to
    Chicago also.

Ali: Any word on your Step Uncle? Update us as you can.
    I know ya said a prayer for us all today at Church and
    our thanks!

Hello to CK, Marta amd all! Hope our Friends in the North
    and Northeast are surviving the cold in good order!
    Ya OK??

"Talk" taa you all later, "K"?
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is called pizza and politics how mitchell moon lost his girlfriend. the author is troy place. you can order it on barnes and noble. i tried looking for it on amazon.com.

anywho, it is like a fiction book based on some of his true life. not trying to promote for him...just letting you all know we now have a published author in the family, cody's uncle troy.

he also teaches english at western michigan university. i have known him since he was 8 years old. he is now i believe ..let me do the math here 33 years old. he also does poetry.

i guess i get my book autographed..

well not much going on here. thinking about calling it an early evening...my male friend said he was gonna call tonight...but i don't wait around for a darn phone call. he was going to hang out w/his dad today. who knows if that was true or not. his dad is in town for less than a week. he came back from montana to celebrate his 57th b-day.

talk to you all later.

9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

So happy from your other Post that your Step Uncle is
    safe. It must certeainly be a relief for all.

I believe you were wise not to attempt going to Church in
    that intrepid weather yesterday. I'm sure that your Lord
    was equally pleased with the imprompt service you con-
    stucted with the girls and Hubby. I would think that the
    Church itself would have cancelled services under the
    dangerous circumstances yesterday.

I'm unclear as to your Mother's behavior? It's difficult
    and (must be hurtful to you) that she does not acknowledge
    your sweet little girls as her Grandchrildren. Would hope
    that could change.

I'm happy Grandpa had a good B'Day as I.m sure he was de-
    lighted to be with you all!

How's the Mac 'puter coming along? I love mine although
    it needs a Browser update presently.

"Talk" later and Huggles to you and the "Lil Angels"

[This Message was Edited on 02/05/2007]
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wasn't the Super Bowl Indianapolis Joe??? Danny watched it, I don't like American Football too noisy (sorry kids, you are allowed to say you hate cricket!!!)

Marta yep it is cold here too, it was 1F this morning and goodness knows what the wind chill was.

Bought my fave homemade chicken pot pies from our deli and made potato fries and brussel spouts to go wiv, and now we are stetling in to watch the last part of the British drama/thriller on BBC America tonight.
    Had my blood work done (the gal had forgotten to draw for these two tests last time even though they were on the sheet).

Going to snuggle down. Too chilly in the computer corner.

Will look out for the book at Barnes and Noble.

Soprry about the grandmother thing, gosh what is it with people?

Love Annie
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

When I see the temps back in the Northeast I can help but
    sing that song as I think how cold it must be! "Well they
    found little Annie all covered with snow, still clutching
    etc. etc. Ya know what I'm sayin'? Hope you're doin'
    better than that Annie! Enjoyed much your email and will
    return wiff a reply soon. I've been watching the Senate
    debate and saw your boy from N.Y.

Yes, the Colts are in Indiana but use to be in Baltimore
    for years! You were the only one to catch a correct me
    so far. I was waiting for Rock to "call" me on it as he
    did the Apres' Ski thing! Don't know if'in they have that
    Apres' Ski buffet in Tahoe anymore as the skiers spent so
    much on lift tickets, they would bring "zip-lock" bags to
    the "Buffet" wiff them!! Would grab enuff to last days!!

Hello to the Danny! Gotta watch Katy Kay and the BBC
    News at 4 p.m. Will email ya tonite or in the Mornin'

P.S. Hello to all Porchies. Hope you are OK Linda as
    we haven't heard from ya! (Oh, ok I just saw your Post)
    Annie, the QM II is in Port as it arrived yesterday but
    is picking up 2,000 pass. and leaving a low tide 8 pm.
    Cleared the Golden Gate Bridge by only 12 feet!!
    1st time here. I Can't get down to see her though!

12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hello Porchies,

We continue to be below freezing but not as cold as some of you. If I'd waited to take that picture this morning I could have deducted -10 more degrees from it.

I'm confused, Ali, on whether or not your uncle has been found? I do hope so.

Jodie, why not promote the book? I'm always looking for something good to read and I'll check it out.

Joe, I'm wondering what a charter flight from Michigan to San Francisco with one cat aboard would cost. Miss Sophie is pouting now because I got upset with her idea of 3 a.m. being time to get up. I asked the vet tech about that today and all she said was "Good luck". I think I may be in trouble.....

A special hello to Marilyn, Annie, Rock, Linda (animurals are coming, to Carla and Carla, to Sweetie wherever she is, Gilley, Misty, Rebeka, Callum - good to have him back - Darkwaters and to all the rest of the Porchies who I have may have insulted by not naming them. Please forgive me, SMG.

Hugs all around and thanks be to Jerome for paying the wood bill!

13. gilley

gilley New Member

Ali I feel bad even complaining of our temps when you deal with worse all the time. How do you do it! Got up early today so I could warm up the car and found hubby had already thought to do that...The drive to work was fine because school was cancelled and the traffic was sparce. Three people didn't show because they were snowed in, so it was a busy one. Everyone really worked well together. When I got to my car after work, the windows were frozen shut. It took forever to get warm. I figured with all the shivering I was doing I may have lost weight.When I got to the booth to pay, the window still wouldn't open so I had to get out and pay. I couldn't wait to get home to a comforable, warm temperature. My girls want to go tanning, because they think they look pale. I don't really like them to do it too often, but I think I may go tomorrow. I will pretend for 10 minutes I am on a beach somewhere.
    Ali - glad you had a good time at Grandpas party. Your Mom is missing out on knowing two special little girls. Why is she like this? What happened to make her feel this way? You may have said but I don't remember. I will keep you all in my prayers and say a little extra one for your Mom. We'll see if prayer will turn her cold heart into one that burns with love!

Rockor - My Mom made the best swiss steak when we were kids. I really think that because she was home all day, she could start a meal early and really allow the meat to cook slowly, the way it should. I find that when I get home I go for the quickest means to get the meat done and it doesn't have the time to simmer. She made an amazing hungarian goulash. Does Gordon have a recipe for that? I too love the 99 cent and dollar stores. My daughter is doing student teaching and she buys allot of items she uses for projects with the kids.I love looking at all the junk. I always say I am not going to buy anything and then I walk out $20 later, lol.

Joe - I knew what you meant by the Baltimore reference. I am glad they won. I really like the coach and I did want Archies kid to win the big one. He was so cute in an interview, he said he text messaged Peyton that morning because he knew he would choke up in person...I bet Eli wished it were him. We had a party at a friends house and ate and ate and ate. Nothing like a good super bowl party.Glad you are feeling better. I haven't seen SMG. Is she ever coming back?
    Lin - So you had a lesion on your face removed! What do you do for fun? Seriously, you need to take care of yourself. Are you back on your meds?I hear you about the cold. Wind chill here was about what yours was. My cheeks were red from just walking to my car after work. Take care of your self ya hear!!!See you back in the lodge tomorrow.

Jodie - How is the arm? I didn't get to read all of the previous posts. I f it still isn't healed you need to go to someone else. How is Leonardo. Did you watch the super bowl together?

Marta - I was glad to see your post. I've missed you. You should get volunteer of the year award!!!

Well gang, hello to CK, Carla, Grannie and anyone else I have forgotten.. See you at the lodge tomorrow... Jerome will cut more wood and we can sip hot toddys!!!
  14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

This is the first place I wanted to come this morning. I knew there would be a roaring fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate (with no calories or sugar high), hot, calming tea and coffee for those who can drink it. Jerome built the fire but Linda probably brought in the goodies. Schools are closed again today, too.

I did hear a rumor that Joe is moving and doesn't want me to know about it...... Surely that couldn't be true. She's just one little cat, Joe.

Gilley, thanks for the Volunteer of the Year comment. I'm sure the other volunteers would disagree but then they disagree about everything. Women can be so witchy! As soon as I get the hot air balloon with the kittens in it painted in the Kitten Room I need to pull back for awhile. No matter how much I enjoy it, my body does not.

All I want to do is curl up in my chair with my bankie and sleep but don't feel you have to be quiet when you come in. As tired as I am I think I can sleep through just about anything. Except maybe one dark grey cat.

Hugs all around,
    Marta Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  15. Granniluvsu

Greetings to all Porchies and those stuck under the snow drifts and in the sub freezing weather(-: !!

Ali - I can't believe how cold it is by you. Plus, YOU ARE really a strong person dealing with your very mixed up and sick mother as you did !! I (we) knew you could do it and not let your mom get under your skin. I know it must be hard but you are the one doing the right thing, NOT HER !!!

She knows every one of your buttons and he will try to push them whenever she can. MAYBE, if you continue to show no reaction she will stop (it is a good thought anyway). Hope all you water doesn't freeze. I (my body)cannot stand it when it is under 50, I think. SO glad to hear about them finding your uncle. God surely was watching over him !

Have to run to go to a meeting this morning and then have singing practice this afternoon and then again this evening. Tuesday is always THE WORST !!!

A big hi to Marta (hope yuou finish your projet and then get some real sleep), Jodie, Gilley, Rock, Mrdad and everyone I cannot think of at this moment and those MIA.

I had better go for now. Have a wonderful and WARM day if I do not get back to the porch and the lodge today.

Lotsa warm hugs all around,

Marilyn (Granni)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2007]
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Just a quick note to let ya know that I'm havin' 'puter
    problems! Either not getting thru or losing connection?
    Son is ill and don't believe he can help me today. Please
    be "patient" as you have all had ample "practice" at that

I fear trying to reply to Freddie and Annie wiff a return
    email at this point as I'm affeared I will lose it! Think
    it's my Internet Explorer Browser that needs to be changed
    to a different one. Stay warm all! It's barely gonna
    be in the '60's here in S.F. today. I better wear those
    long Johns to the Groc. store! Burr!

Keep makin' them "Artificial Flowers Annie", we need the

P.S. See if you can get Linda to help. Don't let her
    Buffalo you wiff some excuse!
  17. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Just thought I'd pop in and scare ya! I'm doing ok, was down a bit for awhile and had to lay off the computer. I've got some catching up to do.

Later, Gretchen
  18. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Computer is acting up. Or maybe its the browser or the server or the modem or the little man behind the curtain.
    I don't know how to determine the culprit.

I suspect Mrdad is quoting from the musical "Tenderloin" which came out when I was in school. Had some good songs but was not a hit. (The big hit from Harnick and Bock was Fiddler on the Roof.)

One of the songs was a tear jerker done in 1890s style about little Annie who made artifical flowers, "fashioned from Annie's despair".

In our next session we will look at "Fiorello" by the same pair, based on the life of New York's mayor and starring Tom Bosley.

If I had it to do over again I would teach "Popular Culture 101" in some small college town.

Hugs to all

19. ckball

ckball New Member

Just poppin in to make sure you were all safe and sound.

Ali I am so glad to here about your uncle, god works in the most wonderful ways sometimes. As far as the person that gave birth to you is missing out and she will have to answer one day. I commend you on taking control and not letting her ruin your day and life.

I have a toxic mother too, but she has come around the last few months, It's the meds she on, they tried to take her off of them, a medicade reguirment to see if she really needs its. Uh she does.

I cared for her at her home for 3 years, then the last 2 she has been in a nice nurshing home. I am a only child so I did what I had to and I am happy now, no regrets.

I'm happy too because I finally got my snow, I have been teased for weeks, a little here or there. I can't wait to get up in the morning and go for a walk.

Twila is enjoying it too, she was rooting her nose in it and wallering sp? in it. Maybe she was making doggie snow angels.

I am sorry for all the problems this weather causes everyone, frozen pipes, little heat. I have had my share of those. There is just something about watching it float down from the sky and put this beautiful blanket of glistening white down that makes it so peaceful.

I was sent an email that had pictures of HUGE FREAKIN icycles in Versoix Switzerland. I didn't try to google it. But I can save the pictures in a different format and so I can't post them. It is amazing.

I have my big buck a gonin strong, that would be my wood stove. It heats the whole house, helps with the electric bill too.

I am still doing well, I haven't pushed too hard, I finally got my pictures from both computers on my laptop.

Now I get to organize them. I have been working on my website and adding new pictures but not finished yet.

Lin sorry to hear you have been sick again and still have to work. Glad you got the skin issue taken care of. How are the teeth?

Mrdad don't you just get bugged at the puter sometimes, maybe your apple has a worm.

Hello Granni, Jodie, Foggy glad to see ya back. Carlanl are you alive?

Rock are you enjoying your teasures from the 99 cent store?

I hope everyone is safe and warm and don't have to dig your cars out-Carla

20. Granniluvsu

Hi there to those we haven't seen in awhile,

Glad you are back, even if it is only for a quick BOO - Froggy !! Sorry some of you had to lay low for awhile but sometimes it is best to get your strength back !!

Lin - You are right about living in Buffalo, NY. Their weather certainly is not always the best either - very cold with lots of room for snow. I come from NY also originally but on L.I. Glad that they approved some PT jobs for you. Hopefully that will help the stress and your b/p , etc. and all you ills. I have found that stress can do lots of BAD things to your body !

Marta - Glad you are back for a little while at least. Hope you aren't feeling to bad today and Soapie is letting you sleep at least a little bit longer. I don't do mornings well or anyone getting me up to early if not necessary. You are a saint for still having a living kitty do that to you (-: !!all the time ! Oh, I am only kidding and wouldn't hurt her but I would be having to think of some alternatives and don't ask me what that would be. How old of a kitty is she, I have forgotten? That is like trying to get a new baby to sleep through the night. Sometimes that takes SOOOO long or TOOOO long !!!Others just do it almost right away. I hope she gets the hang of it soon for your sake !

Annie - glad to see you back too. Hope all is well with you and Danny !!

Rock and Mrdad - What is this with your computers? I know how frustrating that can be. I feel so helpless when things go wrong as I am so dumb when it has to do with computers and that kind of stuff. Hope you are both feel OK and that Joe's cold is all better now. Have yo been eating some hot chicken soup ?? Rock - did you ever get to the 99 cent store?

Carla - Glad to see you back too. Yes, snow is lovely when it comes down and fun to play in for the kids for awhile and if you have to get up in the morning and try and de ice your car, shovel it out, etc. to get to work it is NOT fun !! Been there and done that too. Luckily now in Tx don't have to wrry uch about that but I can't stand much of any cold anyway, wherever I am.

Hi to Darkwaters too.

Hope all are doing well and keeping warm !!

Gotta run and get ready for bed and DH is home from his meeting. I actually got home first. It got in the 60's today and maybe 70's tomorrow and then back down again with no sun and some rain. Good grief !!

Granni (Marilyn)

[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2007]