Porchlight is ON VOL 90 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2007]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's 2:38 on the "Left Coast" and I jsut started Vol 90
    hoping no one was caught in the Transition!

Please read Posts from Granni and Marta on No 89.

Marta: I was able to "download" the second Video on
    "Christina"'s presentation. It did take a very long time
    so I just cooked Din-din as it was loading. She looks so
    lovely and does have a beautiful voice. Emailed Annie
    last night and informed her how to look for it. She is
    home and had a good trip but told me to tell evryone
    that she is having difficulty sitting at the 'Puter but
    should be back onboard soon. Her wrists are bothering
    her again!

Just arrived home from my Doctor's appt. so will cut this
    short and fix some lunch. Hello to all. Glad the weather
    is improving for you Granni as it seems to be for a great
    deal of the Country. Beautiful again here today!

"Talk" later,
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

She'll be happy to hear it.

You must have been closing the last volume as I was writing.

4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Thanks so much for the info on Christina. I did download

her message and she and her Daughter are both beautiful!

Glad we have a means of contact! All the "Old" Porchies

and other Board members will be most happy to see her!

Thanks again!
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, 'tis warming up here in the Midwest. We're to have close to 60 degrees today and that's HOT. Next week it cools down again but we're getting closer to spring.

Linda, I'm so glad to hear you found something to help you and that it's not CFS/FM you're dealing with. It couldn't happen to a nicer person.

I see Rafiki was here! Hello, hello.

Joe, glad to hear you finally were able to GET IT.

I'm feeling poorly but I have an appointment this afternoon with my good PA so I hope to be better soon.

Meanwhile, here's some more of that O.J. Hic!

Hugs to all the Porchies here, there and everywhere.

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2007]
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Greetings everyone,

Or should I say almost afternoon, here at least. I don't have loads of time either as DH will probably come bopping in here soon to check his stocks on the e-mail. So, I will not have the computer either again for awhile. Howver, do have to go out to a short practice before I come home eat and go to choir practice. Actually, that will be the last choir practice that I will be able to go to for awhile since the new director announced last week that we will be starting to practice with the other choir for Easter starting nedxt monday. That is my chorale day so I am in a quandry.

May be able to go one time for choir practice. Hopefully, she will work with me and let me know what we will be singing and when we will needed for Holy week. I am guessing that since the music is usually alot harder for chorale I will stick mostly with that. Hope the new director will let me sing without going to all the practices.

Marta - Can't believe that it is almost 60 in your area. That is great after what it has been. I think it will be in the 70's or so today. Hope the weather continues to be nice and springlike for you and everyone else for that matter in the snow belt.

Dncngnfgrs - ( I think I put to many letters in your name) - Sorry but I can't go anc check it out. Where in Tx so you come from? I live in Montgomery, north of Houston. Transplanted from NY where I was born and raised, then to LA, the Tejas for 30 + years.

Mrdad - Hope your doctor appt went well. I lost the posts on the current volume so I can't refer back. Glad things are going pretty well for you.

BTW, my DIL dad was just transferred to the rehaab section of the hospital so that is good news. He will have to work hare. He keeps losing and getting back his feeling and strength on the affected side. I think his speech is OK which is great .

I missed Rafiki's post but saw hi mentioned before. that is good. Hope all is well.

I forget everything else that I might have read or tried to read on this current volume !

Gotta run now before DH gets back. Hi to all inc Jodie, Rock, Linda, Carlas, Annie and everyone else not mentioned.

As Mr dad would say !

Huggles to all, I like that saying. Really cute !!!

7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's been beautiful here but I see the fog coming in on
    Twin Peaks. Yet sunny here but the West Side of Town must
    be very "soggy"!

Had lunch with my Son and a very nice one at that! Lots
    of fine food restaurants in the neighbor of all ethnic

Granni: As we say in the City, "you're busier than a Bird
    Dog"! Is Hubby doing well after the operation. I was
    sore for quite a few weeks. Got carpet burn from having
    to crawl around on the floor! Hope he did better than I.

Ali: We're getting real concerned about you! It's not
    like you to be gone anywhere this long. Hope you are al-
    right as you were not feeling well on your last Post.
    Get back wiff us as you can, "K"?

Rock: Where are you Buddy? The weekend is over. Get in
    touch soon.

Getting ready to send out a whole bunch of APB's. Even
    Jodie has been absent for a few!

"Talk" to ya all later!
  8. Granniluvsu

Mrdad and all,

I posted this info sometime ago but some may have missed it as it was not the subject of the post. A couple of weeks ago I posted an APB out on Ali and someone on another board mentioned that she had spoken (e-mail I think) to Ali and was doing OK. She had had an epidural I believe and was supposed to have a couple more. They apparently do not kick in right away. Someone else mentioned that she was still in pain, I believe.

Then I saw another post from Ali a couple of weeks ago wanting prayers for her many problems. Oh, someone also said that she also had been away for awhile, that might have been before her first injection. She was quite afraid, not unusual for anyone, before her first injection.

I don't know if I should mention her problems but they were posted on some other boards here. She is such a dear and needs our prayers for her and her family. I am sure she will show her sweet "face" when she is able. She is going through so much ! Hope she is feeling somewhat better by now and that her other problems have also vanished !!

Also, hope to see all our others MIA - and hope they are all doing well. Jodie, Carlas, Gilley, etc. Jodie isn't too MIA as she has been on lately but not in a few days, I believe. Hope sheis finally getting her life back together after her terrible ordeal and still has a ways to go but school and Cody await her !!

Ali - Hope to see you soon! If you are reading this just tell us your are OK, no big explanations needed.

Lots of blessings and warm hugs to Ali and to All of you,

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2007]
  9. Granniluvsu

Mrdad/Joe - Sorry I got carried away talking about our MIA's that I forgot to mention that my DH is doing just fine. Thanks you so much for your concern. He is itching to play golf and actually has gone out and ptted and did some chipping, etc. No drivers YET ! I told him to be careful !!!!

He had some pain and discomfort for a few weeks afterwards and was checked by the surgeon on week afterwards. He hardly took any pain meds at all, just to sleep for about the first week. Sorry you had so much discomfort with yours. How long ago was that and was that an inguinal hernia? Now he waits to hear for the dental insuranace company and how much they will pay for his tooth extraction,implanat, etc., probably not to much but every little bit helps as you know.

Bye for now . Just wanted to answer you about John's surgery.

TTYL Joe/Joe,

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yea Marilyn (Cookie). I had the same type of hernia as Hubby! I've had an Hiatal one also for over 25 years but
    live with it well. I do remember you Posting the MIA
    list and hope we hear from Ali and others soon.

Carla: Thanks for getting to the Porch as it releaves
    much concern that many have had. I emailed you yesterday
    but no need to reply as I just wished you to know of my
    concern for you. Keep getting better, "K"?

Soapie: Ya being a good girl for Mommie Dearest?

"Talk" later,
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Rafiki; welcome back.
    Hi Carlanl; multiple attempts. Can't find the video in question.

Hi Mainweezie and Lolalee. Where are you guys? Haven't seen you for months.

Hi Joe and Jodie and Sweetie.

Haven't had too much energy the last few days. Good thing I don't have to do much these days.

Greetings Marta, Carla, Linda, Alaska; I've been reading the posts. Just not up to doing too much posting myself. Expect I'll bounce back in a day or two.

Big wave to Gretchen and anybody I missed.

It's 80 degrees in LA.
    For those in colder parts;
    You have my sympathy.
    Hope it's summer in your hearts.

12. ckball

ckball New Member

How is everyone here. I'm still trying to run the marathon but mr turtle passed me a couple miles ago.

I have post a hot air balloon in my profile. I was working on another peice of daffodills but things happen and I got side tracked.

My contractor came in for all the work under budget, and I did not tell her what that was. But today I had a problem with my septic tank. The line that runs out to the tank is exsposed because of a hillslide awhile back. But everything still worked.

I just check it often and last night saw the line had come apart and yep crap all over. So today I fixed the pipe myself. Talk about a crappy job, Marta I think I got you beat on that one. Thank goodness for large tarps and duck boots.

Hopefully I can get some glass made now.

Linda what is this about you and hubby shooting up? lol. Glad you found your anwer and hopefully it will continue to work.

Marta sorry your under the weather and Soapie is still not sleeping until 6am, how did the time change affect her.

Hey Roc, haven't seen ya in awhile, hope you and Gordon had some good food this weekend.

Speaking of food, I finally got my dentures done right, I was actually able to eat my cereal with it not getting under them. I still have to wait 4-6 months for the final pair.

Hello to all Mias, the weather is great, come on over, pass the absolute please. Thanks Casrla
  13. Marta608

Marta608 Member

After a simply gorgeous day here in MI, we're rainy today and headed for sleet and snow tonight. We do not get bored here. But soon it will be warm every day and we'll be whining about the heat. I think that's related to being where the climate changes: you just get used to one thing and then it's another. Kinda like Daylight Savings Time, which, by the way, I do better with than the .... other time. Good old Ben Franklin.

Marilyn, I'm so glad to hear things are settling down there for you just a bit and that your DIL's dad (should be initials for that branch of a family: DILD?) is doing better.

Carla NL, so good to see you, even if for a short time. I've wondered how the remodeling was going.

Mr. Dad: I'm doing very well, thank you! I'm perkier every day and I loved going out on the screened-in porch yesterday. Did you see my latest portrait?? I have to say, Mom is looking pretty peaked though... signed, Soapie.

Rock, sounds like you missed two videos - or maybe it was just the one.....? If so, I hope you're able to see it when you're feeling perkier. You and I both seem to be under the weather right now. Wonder where that saying came from?

Carla ck, I LOVE the hot air balloon! You amaze me the way you seem to just zip those out there, and I know it's not easy. By special mail I'm sending you a very large bag of clumping kitty litter for your backyard. Ugh. How wonderful that you could fix it! My son is having the same problem with his septic field. Do you contract out?

Went to the doc yesterday about this pain. She agrees with my DX of FM and says not to quit the shelter, to PUSH THROUGH IT. Obviously, I need to attempt to find another doctor....... or not. I don't think any of them get it.

Gentle hugs all around the porch,

Marta - and the very healthy Soapie
  14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

CK: Carla, it seems as though with property, there is al-
    ways something demanding attention and money! It's to
    balance out the concept of "pride of ownership." Our land-
    lord complains all the time about the expense of this
    three unit building. He most likely purchased it in the
    1950's for about 18,000 and even in it's present state
    is most likely worth about 1 Million plus $$$. Pretty
    good investment.

Marta: I Did go back and see the Picture of Sophie in your
    Bio. I liked her observation of "learning to live the
    life she has rather than the life she planned". But I'm
    confident that you are doing the best you can for her
    Marta! Is she napping now? Shhh!
    P.S. Marta, tell Christina that I'm gonna have my Friends
    across the Bay play the Hyrax video for the Boy's when I'm
    ove there poss. Friday night for St.Pat's Day! They will
    love it!! Send her a "Huggle" for me.

Rock: 80 degrees in L.A.? I'm sure George Hamilton will
    be by to use your Pool again! Ya think he would at least
    have the courtesy to bring the Beer and Chips. Oh, well.
    Have a good day anyway.

Jodie: Where are you???

The "Old" Squeeze won't be down until Saturday Evening
    and has to be back to work on Tues. Her B'Day is Sunday
    and at least we will be able to celebrate that together.
    Trying to think of a perfect present for her. (Oh, wait,
    I just thought of one)!!!

Carla-NL: Hope you are doing well today. I will Email ya
    later on, "K"? Hopefully Spring will be here soon and
    all of us will benefit from it health and spirit wise.

Hello "Cookie" and all!

15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I will download the Baboon vs. Hyrax video and thank
    Christina for the suggestion! Do want my two "Lil Friends
    to see the Hyrax relaxing on th chaise! Looks real cute
    but doesn't appear to be intimidated by much. Is Christina
    home or "overseas"? Just hope she is feeling "well" and
    is enjoying the things and experiences she obviously loves

Tried to "join" the YouTube but it kept running me around
    in circles and never did accept me?? I will try again
    as I would like to place a positive response and commun-
    icate with Christina.

Thanks again!
    MRDAD aka JOE
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yes. I was able to get to the Baboon vs Hyrax video! If
    I were Christina, I don't think I would have gotten any-
    where near that cutely deceiving looking animal! Even
    cute "little" racoons can be vicious! They can, together,
    drown a good size dog in a river!

I'll bet those Hyrax have very sharp ^ and that's what the
    other animals fear most! They also look very quick, like
    a mongoose. Oh boy. I've had Bears walk over my sleeping
    bag at night in the Sierra, but son't think I'd want to
    encounter a Hyrax anytime soon! (teeth) is the missin'
    word above!

Thanks much Rafiki!
    I'll try to establish a "membership" with Youtube again!
  17. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Thank you, Rafiki. I finally saw the message to the hole in the wall gang and the animal on the patio too.

You guys can't fool me. There's no such animal as a hyrax. That is a generic knock off of Oreos. Not bad, either.

Well, wasn't that ingenious of Christina. She and her daughter look wonderful.

My nephew has a video on youtube or some such. It's something he made for a school project. Uses stop action or whatever the technical term is. Ray Harryhausen is the idol of such film makers.

All for the nonce.

18. Granniluvsu

Marta - I think you said that your doc told you NOT to quit the shelter. I think it does depend on how much you enjoy working there. If you really enjoy it I say don't wquit. Like singing is my THERAPY even though many times I feel that I am pushing myself to do a little to much. I have been getting rid of some "chores" but then somehow end up picking up something else along the way. You can just do what you think is right. I did do that but did pick up something I enjoyed more than the thing I gave up. Have I confused you completely YET ??

I think that it also depends on what ever else you really enjoy and which takes the most effort. If you really enjoy the shelter, maybe you could cut down your hours or time there, if possible.

I feel that if I didn't have my singing and a couple other outside activities and had nothing to do but hang around the house thinking of my pain and how to get rid of it I surely would be totally depressed. I know that I am still frustrated and annoyed after having this pain for so long ( and that is putting it mildly). I think I am (as they say) "made from old stock" . Like my mom, she was such a worker, had little growing up, had pain for years, even as a child, with arthritis ,etc. and just never complained and kept on working- almost like the Energizer Bunny".

I hope Soapie is being a better girl and letting your sleep later than she was !

Hope I didn't bend your ear too much !! Bye for now.

Hugs to you and Soapie,

19. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I am following the Video Mystery with great interest. As I understand it, the message was removed but replaced when she was told that Rocky had not yet seen it; however, it still shows up as removed at this time. It will be removed permanently now that Rocky has seen it. I'm pretty sure of this but don't quote me. Rafiki has the absolute last word on this.

Marilyn, I started out confused when I got here so you can't take credit. The doctor told me not to quit the shelter but to push through. My experiences with "pushing through" as relates to CFS, let alone FM, has not been the best. I've had a lot of "push/crash" results. I honestly don't know how you do all you do without being dead. But I'm glad you're not. :>)

I've cut back to only two hours a week. Any less and they'll forget who I am, although I'm told I have my very own mailbox now. If that isn't incentive I don't know what is!

Soapie sends her love which is much perkier than mine.

20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well just popping in to say I am still here. Have had no time whatsoever what with the trip to Canada and the start of the new house staging business and installing two bathrooms here.

Doing OK. Have not read posts yet, but I hope Joe filled you in and I will try and see what you have all been up to.

Ontario was freezing cold and deep snow and ice when I was up there, crawled to hospital about three miles and hour. Things are looking up but we have had to advocate and push like crazy. Beeen doing a lot of that via the phone and email and today wonders will never cease we got the tests done and my brother is back on one thick feed a day (oral).

It has been all go as I got five clients for the business very quickly. Will have to be on the go as we are back up to Canada to help move house for them during April break.

The TENS unit is a miracle worker and the 1,000 D and B12.
    I will read any news but let me know if anyone is in need or sick will ya?

Love AWOL Annie C