Porchlight is on Vol 97 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Apr 1, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

[This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Was the "uninhibited island" a typo or a Freudian
    Slip?? Glad to see you bac in the frey! Wiffout
    ewe, we just group around here! Or is it grope?

Hope you are feelin' better today and that the Dutch
    Gov. has all the money you got for them thru your
    accounting help!

Don't know if'in you saw my apoplogy to you the
    other day about my Son and I going to Lunch at the
    end oft the month, "Dutch Treat". There must be
    an equivalent to that expression in the Netherlands
    referring to some other Nation!

[This Message was Edited on 04/01/2007]
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You are a wonderful addition to the "Porchies". Un-
    fortunately, when it comes to the Chatroom, I'm a
    mute! Haven't done that b-4. You have too realize
    that for me, it was a techological leap as about a
    year ago, I still had one of those Oak Crank up wall
    mounted phone whereby connections were made
    by a real live operator. I do miss listening in though,
    on those "party line" conversations!

I'd be happy to "talk" to you if ya give me a little time
    to figure this out, "K"?

Had to go to Church early before Mass to hear con-
    fessions for Father McGoo who, as I mentioned, is
    away for the weekend wiff SMG to Las Vegas for a
    "Religous Conference" I'd like to see the minutes
    from that "conference" upon their return! Got a feelin'
    that what happened in Vegas is gonna "stay in Vegas"

Wouldn't want to repeat half I what People told me in
    the Confessional !

Guido helped "Pickup" the collection which was quite
    a bit below average for "some reason"???

We will get together , somehow , somewhere Solar!
    P.S. Solar, I went bac and looked at previous vol, but
    didn't get any insight. I just don't have a "keen
    sense of the obvious" I suppose?
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am home and i think i will just take a shower. then cody's gf is coming over at 4 pm. to help me w/my math....thank goodness. i'll be paying 10 dollars an hour. she said she can help me every sunday. that that is good.

i just want my brain back everyone...i know it is in my skull, but i have so much anxiety about math and my personal life stuff that has been going on since the end of february.

i need to stop my brain from thinking about other things so much.

well gonna do some dishes. make maybe a little breakfast. i know it is nearly 1 pm. but i have been wiped out lately emotionally and physically. still need to get the carpal tunnel surgeries scheduled. don't know when i will do that.

5. ckball

ckball New Member

From one Carla to another- AYE fire up the jet, helicopter and boat, I am on my way. I thought I was in remission for about 6 weeks then boom got hit by the brick wall this past week.

It felt so good to be able to get up and accomplish, now it is almost 4pm and I have only moved from the couch for food, potty and dogs. Would anyone like 2 cute little furbies??...well just for a day or two hehehe.

What makes us feel like we are "cured" then takes us down just as fast. I do have to admit I have pushed harder this last month because I have actually found a wonderful lady contractor who has saved my life and finshed off (the biggest part) my little dream house for me.

I thought I could talk but she has me beat and we are so alike, not only did I get my deck and roof, I have made a freind for life and maybe a business partner.

So I am up for anything that will get me back to where I was. I know I will have to rest for a few days or more and I am thankful I have been able to accomplish what I have. I just want to know WHY our bodies do this.

So count me in- CK Carla
  6. mezombie

mezombie Member

MrDad: How was the pigeon? I like mine fricassed, how about you?

Carla-nl: Great idea. I'd love to join you on the "uninhibited" island with the researchers/docs!

Ckball: Hey, I crashed big-time this weekend, too. Wonder if the change of seasons is partially to blame? But I have to admit I've just been in denial about this DD and am doing too much, particularly socializing this past week.

Wow, talk about a reality check--I haven't felt as bad as I did yesterday in over a year! I just get lonely and want to be with peeps so bad...

So, I can relate a bit to you, Jodie. Though you do seem to have more energy than me! Still, have you considered other social outlets? I've been going to local get- togethers organized by Meetup dot com. You just plug in your zipcode and interests.

Marta608: Is Soapie still waking you up at some ungodly hour? If so, maybe it's time to consider whether your health is more important than where she lives...You've socialized her to the point where she would probably fit in well with someone who adores cats and wouldn't mind one more. Just an idea. Don't know if you're feeling worse with her around or not.

Grannisluv: Are you really the Energizer Bunny in disguise?

To all others I have neglected to mention, happy April Fool's Day!
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank you for the tip never hard of it. thank you.
    energy i don't know about...i have concluded i will be always tired and i will give my permission to take a nap when i darn well feel like it.

i have not been able to sleep hardly at all since the incident in february. so that doesn't help, too much stuff going on in my brain.

well i haven't done much today. but cried, then i read an email from a friend of mine, that was hurt that when i called to wish her happy b-day that i didn't ask right off the bat how was her night at wonderbread5(band out her)...she said i did about 30 minutes of talking..then when she said she needed to go, i then mentioned how was wonderbread5....i felt hurt again...and i felt like i am not a good friend to anyone right now....

because maybe all i do is talk about me more than them talking about themselves. i emailed her back and apologized and sorry that is what i do when i dealign with anxiety...

i guess i may have ran off some friends too...notice some are not calling back...i don't think they want to get involved w/what is going on in my life. so i guess that is what therapy is for.

8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Carla nl- and all. Just wanted to tell you that I thought my vote was the first one and I put it on the CLOSED volume. So sorry about that. Boy , some of you guys were fast this afternoon . I just saw that great idea of Carlas a short time ago, posted and then went back and found I was on the wrong volume !

Good grief ! SMG , Carla and all, please forgive me !!
    Bye for now. To much to do.

9. ckball

ckball New Member

I wish I had an answer for you. But I haven't changed a thing. I just pushed and made myself do whatever I had to do. Plus this sinus, allergy thingy that is usnual for me.

I am use to being alone alot and Jennifer the contractor has been here everyday for 10 days in a row. We have a lot in common and I have talked more in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 months,lol.

I also have 2 freinds that are having medical problems and need a freind so that on top of the house stuff was more than my mind and body could handle.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back to where I was. I will let you know when i see you on the island :) Carla
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i did nearly three hours of tutoring w/cody's gf...i did the work first then she looked it over, helped me where i needed it. over spring break she is going to teach me how to use my new graphing calculator. i have a different one for algebra but the other one has more fancy things on it.

gonna finish my leftover chicken salad from trader joe's for dinner.

talk to you all later..

11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

plus he is nice on the eye's. i should get out my driving glasses i can see better from far away. the reading glasses just won't work.

i just heard he has a new album...don't they mean dvd?

well need to go to bed sort of...but there is another hour of time mcgraw and i need a shower before class and leave by 8:30 am. test at 11:30 and need to review math. i pray i do well.

12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's only 9:30 p.m. here on the Left Coast but many
    of ya's in the East are in Beddy Bye already.!

Me zombie: I see you finally changed that sickly
    looking photo of yourself wiff the PALE FACE. I
    was thinkin' of trying to get ya out here to Kaliphonia
    for a little Sunshine and a tan. Anyway, the pidgeons
    in the Barrio here are on to me as so many of their
    Brethern have ended up in one of my pots.
    Spotted one for easy pickin's but it looked as if it
    met with some "fowl" play. I like to hurt my own din-
    din. Ya know what I'm sayin' I settled for some
    take out from a wonderful Chinese place in the

Granni: Is it still stormin' down there in Texas? And
    don't be concerned about the approval from SMG
    on what ya did or done didn't did! I want to hear
    a full accounting of that "Religious Conference" in
    Las Vagas that she attended wiff Father McGoo!!!
    I think SHE is the one who needs to be doin' the
    explanations Cookie. Enuff said for now. (Odd
    place to have a "religious conference")

Carla-CK: Would like to hook up wiff ya but as I
    mentioned, I tried to enter your Web Site a couple
    of occasions and my iMac crashed. This one I have
    was given to me by my Former Wife and it is pretty
    old. (Oh, I mean "Puter, NOT the Wife, Sorry M.S.B.)
    Anywho, we shall work sumptin' out soon!

Although the Porch has "picked up" this weekend,
    we are still missing lots of Friends. Just hope all
    are doing fairly well and hopefully having some well
    deserved enjoyment somewhere.

Remember Kids that Linda's 'Puter is still in the
    shop which explains her unusual absence. How-
    ever, she did find us for awhile on Friday via another
    access luckily enuff! She will be leaving to see her
    folks mid-week in Florida and maybe we will hear
    from her somehow before the trip.

Goodnight Rocky, whereever you be!!

13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, Carla, I'm hiding under a rock. Well, I feel like something is squshing me; depressing me, so to speak. My energy level is really low. Thank goodness I've kept my stunning good looks.

Did you think of the "picnic" term yourself, Marta. If you did, you get the gold star for cleverness today.

Mr. Dad I made a note to say something to you. Oh yeah, grocery store bags. I feel those poor bag persons have a boring existence, so out of the goodness of my you-know-what, when they ask the vital question for the 500th time that day, I say:

"Burlap." They always look poleaxed. Then I say, "If you don't have burlap, how about cordaroy. Do you gift wrap?"

Some of them eventually smile.

Speaking of birds, I started reading a book about the Spix (blue) macaw. Already read one on the wild parrots of San Francisco.

Hugs etc to everydobby including Granni and Jodie and Mezombi and Doc and Bashful and Dopey and Yoda...

Ha det bra

14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say a quick hi to everyone. I really shouldn't be on here now as I have lots of chores and outside woork that needs to be done that have been put off, inc some practicing on some somgs I just taped yesterday at another group members home. Have two performances tomorrow. Will be glad when that is over.

Jodie - Good luck to you in your math exax. Sounds awful to me but not everyone is a hopeless as me in the higher maths. Keep up the good work !!!

Solar - Hope your epi injections don't hurt you to much. Have a good day !

Rock - so you did climb out from under a rock(-: Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad.

Marta - yes I agree wit Solar. Sometimes like chidren they need to know who is boss once in awhile,and don;t be afraid to maybe put her in her little closet where she likes to go (bathroom) and close the door so she cannot get one so you can get some sleep. Otherwise, as you know she will be all over you.

I know you love her and she does to. Maybe with a few days ( or much longer) of that she will get the idea and if she is good sometimes, you canleave her out again and try another time to let her out at bedtime. When she starts climing all over you at a not to desent hour pick her up and put her in the closet right away, and close the door. I thik eventually she might get the idea.

Hi there Mrdad - nno ad weather around here. It ha been very nice, getting pretty warm ad all the flowers are popping out inc those infamous bluebonnets.

Special hi to all not mentioned. Gotta run and start doing something first. However, first thing is get dressed !! I forget who was making potato soup. Got one great one fromanother great porch gal who had to leave us, hoperully temporarily due to family situations. It was a good soup that you could vary in different ways, and even make it broccolu, potato ande cheese.

Wwarm hugs all around,

15. Marta608

Marta608 Member

....to see my Porchie friends,

First, AYE!!!!! Carla nl.

To all of you who are kindly thinking of me and Sophie, I had to let you know that it's now mostly me, not her. I've figured out with the help of the friend that I'm relating too much to her "alone status" from my days as an only kid. Thems were not good times, we'll leave it at that.

Anyway, it's my anxiety about her that's getting in my way, not her. She's much improved over the first couple of months and now I know why I've had two cats at a time!

Carla ck, I wonder if another cat would help Smitten? But here I am, not wanting another pet myself but suggesting one to you. Sorry.

Good to see you all here and know you're still going strong. Thanks for the good thoughts. I'm glad I lurked.

16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---who has a Hotmail Email acct. unable to access
    it this morning? I've been trying for 2 hrs. and it
    does all it's thing and at the end . presents a white
    totally blank page? Just curious. (But Yellow?)

17. mezombie

mezombie Member

Just checked my Hotmail account, and I didn't have any problems with it.

Maybe the problem is with your browser? Then again, you're able to get on this site, so...

Wish I could be of more help!

Maybe Carla-nl has the answer.

18. mezombie

mezombie Member

You've got a definite AYE from me on your idea of getting everyone together on a deserted island. Maybe if we make it look like an important CFS conference we can get the researchers & docs hooked. Then we just need to get them to the same airport and hustle them on to a chartered plane to their surprise destination!
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Ya know I just tried it again and still at the end of
    the sign in process and I.D. info,. etc goes thru
    all the steps and ends up giving me this blank
    page. Internet zone at very letfy hand bottom of
    frame indicates that my connection is "secure".

Dah !! Well I guess it's very secure if I can't even get
    into it !! My Son works nites but should be awake
    soon or my Daughter in Portland I'll just ask them
    to use my code(s) and see if'in one of them can
    enter my account as all my GF's must be absolutely
    frantic that I have not returned their Emails. Please
    be patient Angelina, and don't adopt anymore kids
    until you have talked to me again! (Oh, hello Freder-
    icka!) OOPs!! (Damn--I thought she was doin' a
    Spring Fashion Show below the Idle Tower--Paris)

Thanks for the relies!
  20. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

the re-take i got an A....the one i took today i bombed...so i have to re-take it...good news still....i made really stupid mistakes. didn't put parenthesis's around some numbers...frick...

well the next chapter is geometry and it seems ok from lecture today...i got it. so now i just need to do the homework.

tomarrow i am meeting my friend and her daughter in novato for dinner before she goes back to detroit for easter break to spend time w/her side of the family. she is going thru her divorce still.

more good news: i bought tim mcgraw's new cd called let it go..i thought that was fitting for me. then i went thru and found some others in the used been that i wanted, needed to replace from the divorce and picked up some others that i wanted.

well need to take a shower if i have time before my dr. appt to talk to my psychiatrist about my meds and such.

also on campus i spoke to someone about what having a roofie slipped in your drink can do to your brain...they said it stays in your system for awhile...and then emotional stuff going on...it will get you drunk and black out for awhile...no wonder a glass of wine was doing me in. and normally i could drink more if i wanted to.

well need to go and i am listening to my music.