Porchlight is on Volume 14

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Gosh I hope no one did this yet. I am back ee last post on 13.

Love Anne
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

You guys are hard to keep up with!!LOL

It's a nice shiney fall morning, but that air is cold, and kinda smells like snow!

Sassy2, just went out and feed my horses in my PJ's! HaHa.

The naughty barn cat who's called Sassy Cat, tried crawling in my lap, and left muddy foot prints across my leg!!

3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Morningsonshine: I love the cold air this morning. There's even a little snow on the mountain crest.

Well, top of the morning to you, Anne. Did you bring the scones? How is your brother doing?

Haven't spent any time on the porch until now. My father's weekend visit has turned into a ten day stay! It's actually been going quite well, though. He is a huge radio enthusiast, so I will have to turn him on to BBC radio.

Yesterday, I got him hooked on Youtube. We looked up videos various and sundry: Gene Krupa, Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Josh White, Pete Seeger, John Denver, Lou Gehrig, FDR, the Hindenburg, the Hubble Space Telescope and the Mars Rover. I thought youtube consisted mostly of amateur videos of girls doing karaoke to the Black Eyed Peas, but the variety of video clips on there is really quite amazing.

[This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks Carla-nl- I was posting on number 28 then you, Anne and Kholmes snuck up on me wislt writting my novel-

you can delet yours now-thanks for taking care of me.

Anne- Glad your back will read your post for Rocky

Well I managed to get out of bed before 10 am even battling a huge killer spider half the night.

I was awakened at 1:30 buy a tickle on my arm, I reached down and felt a huge spider, I flicked it off on the top of the bed and got up to turn on the light. He was gone, I got the flash light and looked under the bed still no spider.

I do have a rug that is rolled up on the floor for a room I need to finish cleaning up. So maybe he was there. Nope- but I didn't unroll the rug.

Again around 4:30 same tickle and again a large creature on my arm. I flicked it on the floor beside me. Got on the light and still no spider. Now people I know I am crazy at times but I felt it with my right hand both times.

Finally went back to sleep again but kept feeling tickles and icthies here and there.

When I got up I had a bite mark on my upper cheek bone between my eye and my ear. It looks like a skeeter bite so maybe it was one of those huge texas skeeters instead of a spider and it flew away and that is way I could not find it.

I let you know if my fave begins to start rotting off.

I hope everyone had a better night than me.

Carla-NL- Do you use Advair? I do and I must rinse after each use or I get a sore tongue and mouth. A friend does too, she was the one who told me to rinse after each use.

Your friend sounds great. I also like taking old things and reuse them somehow, like depression dishes. They were dime store give aways during the 1930's Today some are worth thousands.

I recently bought an antique and slight worn pie safe with chicken wire on the doors. I am going to strip it, it is painted green, and replace the chicken wire with stained glass.....someday :) Wow I had no idea those clocks were so expensive, maybe you can find one on line like ebay or something.

I just got a call from a news reporter for the Marshall Movie. He did a story on me a couple years ago about my house. He had put a message on the movie message board a couple weeks ago that he was looking to interview the extras so I emailed him.

He informed me the ticket prices range form $250-$500,000 that is not a typo. The $500,000 is a corporate sponsorship that included pictures with the stars on the Green carpet, Marshall Green, and a gala afterwards.

The $250-$1000 tickets are for individuals that includes the movie and gala afterward. It has not been made clear if the stars will merely make a appearance at the gala or stay the evening.

The proceeds will be split 50-50 between the Marshall athletic fund, scholorships and the other 50% to the Keith Albee theater. It once was a beautiful piece of architecture, that was closed many years ago when the large multi theaters were opened. Now that Hollywood is coming to town they have a revitalaztion program to restore it.

He wanted my opinion on the prices, which I feel are totally outrageous. So I guess I will not attend the premier. His story will be front page on the Herald Dispatch for Huntington WV on Wed. You can read it online if you want. He said I articulated my feelings well.

The people in this area are old coal miners and steel mill people and can not afford the 10 bucks let alone $250. So sorry I rambled on here but I think Marshall is taking advantage of this opportunity that is such a tragic story.

lolalee- you are gorgeous and a cute hubby too. Glad you had a good time

jodie-where in VA did you sell houses- I lived in Richmond for 17 years and worked for the Richmond Assoc Of Realtors for 5 years. in the late 90's. Sorry about your butterball, they are usually very good. I had to buy a new printer this week to, made me so mad because my Lexmark was not that old and had not used it that much.

I'm off to TRY to cut four pieces of glass the exact size for the border of project and hope to solder.

Sorry for the novel here, got thrown for a loop when the reporter called.

I hope everyone has a great day-it another beautiful fall day here
    when is Anne suppose to be back? CK or CarlaB
  5. jole

jole Member

Anne, Morningson, Ken, Carla - Hi there! It's raining here in Kansas so I'm achy this morning and need to chat. Nowhere greater than the porch for that. Ken, good to see you join us, and glad you're having a good visit with your dad.

I see there are others who like to refinish old furniture. It is one of my passions, but it takes me such a long time now, because my hands cramp up on me so bad. I have an old wooden icebox, a library table, two old trunks and an old wash stand. Some are finished, and some still to do.

It is such a joy to see something old become beautiful and useful again, isn't it? I dream about the people who made them and used them, and how much country they have traveled before ending up in my home.

If given a choice between all new furniture or antiques, I would definitely take the antiques, and my friends think I'm crazy. Oh well, different is good.

Better go for now. Have a great day all!

PS. Carla, I say go for the $500,000 ticket - you only live once! LOL:) What a story-gotta love the rich and famous!!
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Anne: Thanks for posting this morning and I assume you
    are busy getting everything to get so you can depart a-
    gain. I'm sure it was a real boost for Geoff to see you
    Anne! Did Danny win the election? "Guido" wants to know.
    Hope all is going well at on the home front.

Ken: Glad you are having a good time wiff Dad! Just heard
    this Morn that YOUTUBE was purchased by Google. I dought
    whether it will be available in the People's Republic!
    Not that we are much different lately!

Carla-NL: Most likely have seen my e-mail to ya by now!
    Have 3 housemates the youngest about 40 and the other
    two as "young" as I. Three of us "worked" together at
    one time for the same employeer! It's not as bad as I
    portray but yet a bit unbelieveable at times. I'll glad-
    ly as any of us feed someone who is down on their luck
    for reason beyond their control, but two of these guys
    haven't worked and haven't been looking for it for 2 yrs!
    Peeps like that lose my respect very quickly as they seem
    to have little for themselves! Ya know what I'm sayin'?

Ya know Carla, I'm not going to be surprized at all to
    meet you one day and hear you speaking that perfect
    "King's English", with a Dallas Acscent!! Ya'll!!

CK-Carla: When I had my Antique Store artist would call
    to inquire as to when my next container from the UK would
    be arriving? Always had an abundance of old Eng. Oak or
    Walnut frames that they would use in the artwork. I was
    happy to have them as most of those artist were friends.
    You know Carla, it seems to me for 1,000 bucks they would
    let ya at least sit on Matt's lap all during dinner! Don't
    ya think??

Linda: Your at work now but hope you are or have had a
    great day! The last day of Nurses Week I made a special
    trip to the Hospital to see the girls who have been so
    wonderful to me over the past few years! Brought them a
    Card and a very special box of chocolates. Not sure that
    they even knew it was Nurses Week until I arrived. Try to
    remember hem at Xmas an 'balentine's Day too!!

Gonna "talk" to ya awl later, "K"?
    MRDAD

7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...according to the receptionist at the doctors. Went for my yearly skin doctor appt.(they had screwed the last one up in August due to telling my MIL she already had an appt and giving her mine! so this was my second try.)

Got in there on time. They told me they had no records for me. Was I sure I was called Anne? Was a sure I came to this doctor? Was I giving them the correct birthdate. Could it be I saw the other skin doc down the street? (the doc had just come down the hall and said Hi there he sure knew me). Then they went on to say that my dh who was in there in August had not been seen for three years there and Danny not seen in two years, even though he also went in August.

They clearly were blaming me. I raised my voice just a tad as I was getting frustrated and was told "Keep your voice down in here". I was not shouting, just speaking a little louder than my normal very soft voice as they kept saying "Huh?" due to my accent. They asked if any relatives used the office I reeled them off they said, "they are in laws not really relatives".

A man arrived and went straight in. I asked his wife. "When was his appt.? 11,30 (same as mine) so they had also given my appt. away again!! They then brought me "New Patient paperwork to complete(I have been going to this doc for twelve or more years!) at which point I walked out. I did not really like this skin doc as he rushes, but stayed with him as he has comparison notes (NOT now though).

This comes on top of the local tax office losing my STAR claim so now we have to find almost double the taxes. Again they could not be mistaken. Must be me.

So I am non existent it seems.

mrdad: I am miffed as the only reason we came back Sunday instead of Monday was to make sure I did not miss this appt.We were going to stay onight near Niagra Falls Sunday and spend more time with Geoff. I am waiting to see what my doctor says tomorrow and will probably go back up tomorrow afternoon and stay till Saturday or Sunday. No news re the election of Dannyboy.

Everyone else. I am slowly reading up the posts and will try and remember what you all said.

Love Anne.....another gorgeous day here and Geoff had a bettre day yesterday BTW.
  8. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Everyone having a good day? It truly is a gorgeous day to just sit on the porch with a good book. I just finished reading "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett...really good....somewhere in South America terrorists take over an entire dinner party being held in honor of a powerful Japanese businessman including renowned Soprano who wowed guests with her singing. Terrorists really planned on kidnapping their country's President who decided at the last minute not to attend the gala affair. So, it's a plot gone awry. The fascinating thing is the way that those kidnapped become accustomed to this lifestyle in captivity. I just love books....and to think before I got sick I never took the time to just sit and relax and read a book.

Anne, glad to have you back hon. I've read your post with Rock and am so sorry your brother is going through such a tough time. I worry for you traveling back and forth. Please take care of yourself. It is good that your son has enjoyed his relatives.

CKCarla....sounds like a terribly uncomfortable night for you. I hate when that happens. You never truly rest (as if we do, anyway, right). Your story reminded me of our summer visits to grandparents house in Puerto Rico. They had a huge dark house with very tall ceilings...no air conditioning back then, of course. At bedtime, my sisters and I would pile onto a big bed and mom would lower a mosquito net over the bed. I'd lay there at night, sweating profusely, listening to the buzzing around the net. Occasionally, there'd be a Palmetto bug (huge flying cockroach)or two to make things interesting. It was awful. BTW, I love your stainglass work...just beautiful.

Sassy and CarlaN....thanks for the sweet words about my picture. Russ and I did have a lovely time together. I'm getting to be a real pro at changing pics.

Rock...just in case you didn't notice I posted last night on previous Vol. that I added my anniversary pic. You'd mentioned that you would like to see it. So...there we are...24 years (and many pounds) later.

Enjoy the afternoon kids!!

Lola
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I know that Doctor thing has to be very fustrating!!
    Especially, Anne, whenya made a special effort to come
    back to Town in order not to inconvience him by changing
    your appt. I guess the "deceptionist" couldn't under-
    stand why you weren't speaking the "King's English".
    She would most likely have a real problem also with Carla-
    NL with that thick Dallas accent of HERS! Met some Amer-
    cans on a car ferry from Cork to Swansea Wales that were
    from "out West" in Nebraska! They assume with my unique
    S.F. accent that I was from N.Y. They were surprised to
    find out that I was from "out West" also and a lot closer
    to Hawaii then they were, in S.F. They looked very sur-
    prised indeed. That was '69. Haven't seen them since!

Anne, just don't let that Doc get "under your skin"!

Huggles to you and Danny!
    MRDAD

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla!

You're gonna' 1/2 ta sl-o-o-o wa-ay-ay-ay down when
    ya speak girl! Wiff that Dallas Tex. accent, you're
    gettin' as difficult as Anne to understand!! Gonna have
    to send ya "boath" to Diction School!

Know what I'm sayin'?
    MRDAD

P.S. What happened to the Onions? "Got friends"?
    Ya don't need to be addin' that GARLIC to
    the problem!

11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm wiff ya on that Page!!

MRDAD
  12. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hello everyone

Being new here I just discovered these posts. It is nice to have a spot to chat and catch up on our days. :)

I am actually having a good day. Hubby had the day off work. He is a subsitute teacher and didn't get a call in today. I figured he wouldn't as it was the Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so schools were closed on Monday.

I do homecare and actually work for my mom, she didn't want "a stranger" coming to help her out and I also work from home for my dad's company. My parents are having a new furnace put in today & tomorrow so it was really busy over there so I didn't have to go in today. Hubby and I had a nice afternoon together. We went out and did some shopping. Aaaah retail therapy! WOHOO! :)

I got my magazine from ProHealth in the mail today. Pretty informative stuff, I'm glad I found this site.

I hope everyone has a nice evening and low pain

Bekah
  13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Everydobby seems to be in pretty good spirits considering. Considering what? Considering that you are generally in pretty bad shape if you are on this board.

Oh, that.

Pull up somehing, Bekah, and sit down. A bale of hay, an old sofa, a comfy rocker, whatever you can find. Around here we don't stand, or sit, on ceremony.

Jodie, I read years ago there was no butter in Butterball turkeys.
    "Truth in advertising" is just a slogan. Kinda like "honesty in government".

Great Pic, Lolalee. You look positively vibrant. And that studio backdrop is so good it looks like you really are in a restaurant.

You showed great restraint, Anne, in not punching anybody at the dr's office. My mother had the same problem when she was in the hospital. Some nurse's aide kept saying to her, "Lupe? You Lupe? Computer say you Lupe?"

My mother was sure she was going to get Lupe's meds and maybe even her surgery.

Last time I called my dr's office to make an appointment they couldn't find any record of me. I spelled and pronounce my name 4x. Then I just blew up and slammed the phone down. It's a wonder it's still in two pieces.

Just got back from the bone cracker. I feel at least 6 months younger. I should go get new windshield wipers, but I am too wiped out. It will have to wait till tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow, you're only a day away!

Applause!
    Curtain!
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well pleased I am not the only one in a black hole. I swear anything with my name on it goes into the Bermuda Triangle of records.

Gee I thought I had a doc tomorrow now I see it is THursday-these vacation day weeks are so confusing. Anyway, I just walked out rather than get mad as I was getting that old anxiety.

What are the wipers for? Your car? (what else ?I hear you mutter)I tried this trick IT WORKED. Take an alcohol swab, or cloth with rubbing alcohol on and wipe the blades down. All the rough edges of the rubber come off on the wipe and the blades are good for another few months or so. It is just the uneven wear that makes them work badly and the wipes pull the edge straight again.

I went back on the Zithromax today. I really skipped it as I forgot to take to Canada wiv, so I think this is why I have the costochondritis. Hoping it will fade away. Who sang that somng, Fade Away? Why don't they all just fffffade away? Brain fog.

Geoff doing OK yesterday and today. Seems he relapses then has a couple better days. I may not go up till Friday due to bus scheduling as I can go straight through no transfers Friday 13th..........

Hey Carla!!! mrdad and all you others, have to get off here. Back hurts! bout time we got a hot tub installed on this darn porch.

Love Anne
  15. ckball

ckball New Member

I hope everyone is enjoying the fire I built. See my profile to enjoy it.

It is actually the last of the cabinets and debris from my house. The trash people do not take constuction debris. That's ok the people that lost the house used it as their dump, there is actually a Chevy Chevette in there.

Now I can get a couple loads of dirt and fill it in.

Anne- glad you had a good visit with your brother. The Drs office thing is a pain. I actually showed up to the same Dr twice on the wrong days.

I had a Murphy's law day and started to get really upset then just kept pushing and made it threw. It took me over 2 hours to cut 4 peices of straight glass, it kept breaking but the wrong way. My glass saw wasn't acting right either. Then I decided to cut grass and got my first flat tire on my new mower. ALWAYS keep a can of fix a flat on hand.

I decided to be thankful instead of upset. I'm thankful I am able to so many things than so many others can't. Yes, there are things I can't do anymore but am not on life support, in a wheel chair, or completly housebound. Those people are the true heros in this life.

I'm thankful I have a home I love, 2 dogs that love me and freinds that truly understand me. I'm thankful I have this board to come to and share what I am thankful for.

However, I am upset that I won't get to sit on Matthew McConaughy's lap for $250 or even a $1000. I am thinking about the $500,000 package deal, I would hope I would be able to do more than sit on his lap, oh no did I say that out loud, oh well we only go around once-what the hay?

CarlaN- Do you use Advair for your asthma. I took Singular several years ago but still had to use my Albuterol. Now I just use the Advair. Still keep the Albuterol just in case.

Welcome bekah-come by anytime.

My tub is finished filling now, I will try not to overflow it like the other night. I tape the overflow drain to get a extra 2 inches of water. It allows me to actually raise off the bottom and be weightless. But I hit the drain by accident and had to add more water- but forgot is was on and opened my eyes as it was flowing over in the floor.

I had to get out and do clean up and then got back in- have a good evening and enjoy the fire-see ya'll later CK Carla.
  16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good evening to all you porchers,

I just had time to check the porch and quickly read all the news. Now it is almost time for bed.

Just wanted to say HI, now that we are back from the casino in LA. I actually did win some money this time which is rather shocking. Usually DH wins alot more than I do. It is not a huge amount but alot for me.

I got "gutsy" and played the quarter video poker and Sizzling Sevens machines. I usually end up playing the nickel Sizzlers. I am SO happy. Now, I will put most of it in an envelope in my drawer for a rainy day or use it when I really need or want something. Who knows, it might even go towards Christmas presents. Oh my, I cannot believe that Christmas is around the corner. Oh dear !!

Bye for now. Hope to get on again tomorrow. Sorry but I cannot think clearly enough to actually respond to any of your interesting chats today.

I cannot believe however that one of our porchers (sorry I forget who it was) actually kept losing his/her appointment and was feeling invisible. How terrible that is and that she/he had been going to that dr.for 12 years. Yes, I think I would be firing that doc too. That is unexcusable !!!

Warm hugs to all,

Marilyn (that granni)
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

SHARE THE WEALTH!!!

KARL MARX and the MARX BROS

You bet your life!! Say the secret word and divide
    Marilyn's casino winnings!!
  18. ckball

ckball New Member

See some good things happened-

Marilyn won in Vegas- see not EVRYTHING stays in Vegas,lol

Mrdad that was so sweet of you to think of the nurses by taking flowers and candy. I truly admire nurses. My Bfreind has been one for 30 years. Now she has Hep C.

But are you sure you weren't try to squeeze in a quick sponge bath?

Well I figured out I was stung by a huge texas skeeter. When I went out back to cut grass, there we a whole comminuty of the big buggers. I guess one slipped in last night. They where as big as your hand when stretched out, no lie.

I just read the article that will be on the front page in the morning. I went to the movie board and someone had already posted the article I gave the interview for.

It was very leading and it made me come aross more angry and bitter than I was. He lead me questions. I meant what I said, I am curious to see if then rest of the town follows. The writer had a job to do and he did it. But it was a spin and I fell.

I know I have missed some peeps but the ambien has arrived and try not to post when that kicks in.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, restful night and wake feeling better for it- nity-nite CK Carla
  19. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hope everyone is bundled up warm, we have our first snow this morning in Northern MN.!

I bet rock, and kholmes wish they were back here! LOL

I cannot find my kid's box of hats, and mittens, i washed and put away last spring!

I'll have to get GeorgiaC on her spinning wheel to whip me up some more! LOL

Sassy2 hope you feel better soon!, I love apple cider! yum, any cinnamon in it?

Linda sounds like she needs some chicken noodle soup, anyone good at the homemade stuff?

[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

I see the fire burned out over night as the rains came.

Well I have started a town stir with my interview comments, When you go on line to read the paper there is a comment box for readers and already had a comment from a Marshall Alumni stating that $250 were cheap for a movie premier and I should come out from under my rock once in a while! I was also refer to as "that woman"

Sure $250 for him is nothing while it will feed a family of 4 for a week or 2.

Lesson for the day "Think before you speak....to a reporter or just hang up.

I'll be back later-I hope all has a happy and healthy day. Carla