PORCHLIGHT IS ON Volume 652

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Oct 13, 2013.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Rock: I'm so very, very sorry to read this about Zippy. You cared for and nurtured him and I know you're going to miss him a lot. I know how he insisted on being outdoors. You tried to make him sleep indoors but what were you to do? Animals like us people get stubborn in our old age. Coyotes have become so aggressive over years of being around humans and other animals. When my big cat Abby hides at night when I'm calling her (yes, I know she does that) I get mad and turn off the light.......that's when she knows I've won and comes to the door wanting in.

It's a nightmare having to work your way thru insurance stuff. My prayers go out to both you and Gordon, you guys have been hit very hard this past week.

Mikie: I figured you were down and out again. I hope now it's all gone out of your poor, rundown body. BAD cats! Don't they know mama is sick!

I got my new chairs delivered on Monday evening, thought I knew where they would look good, but by around 10 PM I just didn't like the feel of the arrangement. So, I started moving things around. Went to bed around midnight, didn't sleep more than 3 hrs. with stuff going around my head, so yesterday was a total wasted day aside from moving more furniture around! Mikie, I know you understand this! LOL

I did make some new throw pillows, took some pics. of some furniture I want to sell, and headed to a nice resale shop. Bad news, Victorian furniture is dead, so today I'll try to list it on craig's list and hope someone wants exactly what I have. I need to go to a special lightbulb store, looking to replace a megabulb for an old 40s standing lamp. If not I'll just have to put the burnt out one back in or some how cover the opening. Oh yes, the pool pump was throwing water all around, had the pool repair man out. He has to order a new part for it which will run $140. Everything is so expensive! And he makes $90 an hr. WHAT! My systems analyst husband doesn't even make that!

Julie: Great idea to pull the PU truck to where you can use it to pick apples.
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Good morning and I guess almost good afternoon to awl!

DH left this morning to go to a couple of meetings with friends to see if we can try and keep the money we have, which isn't bunches., unfortunately . I have my oven cleaning which hasn't been done since I got it. Considering its age it wasn't to bad, dirty wise. Tried to clean some of manually especially the glass part you can look through in the door. I did get it a little cleaner ( the glass) but hoping the oven will do the rest. That part was bad !!! Go it the excess off I guess.

Need to do some exercises, I have been bad lately since we went away on our trip. However, I wanted to check in first. I haven't been to good lately in my posting - so sorry !!

Rock - I am so sorry about dear Zippy. I know that will leave a hole in both of your hearts for some time. Are you sure you don't want to get another dog or kitty? Of course no animal with replace Zippy but they are lovely companions, most of the time !!! My heart goes out to both of you.

I can imagine Gordon fussing over all that insurance mess and unemployment. Thank God we did get our insurance info back yesterday that is our secondary to Medicare that is just a little more than it was. At least we have something for one more year. After that, who knows what will happen ):!!

Mikie - I am so sorry you are still feeling bad. I know that is no fun for you at all and hope those kitties start to behave. Yes, they do sound like toddlers and young children who act up at the worse times when you are far from your best. Hope you get to feeling better SOON !! Thanks for letting us know . I am surprised you wrote such a long post. You need to get to beddy bye but I know there are some things to be done. Try and stay calm on your shopping excursion. Did you say WM and its calming crowds :)???

I figured that our stupid fire alarm detector would go on and off, now mostly on with the self cleaning oven on. I can't reach the detector to take out the battery. Have to wait for DH to get home of for it to stop on its own. I only put it on for 2 hours instead of 3 or 4 hours.

Julie - Hope the chiro will help you tomorrow or when you were going. I am not sure I have the right day. You also are writing pretty long posts and not feeling well. Try and take it easy by dear young friend. You surely have been a busy gal and hope you can settle down some soon. That was cute about Zachary wanting to go home with you and Keira :)!!
    was taking them.

Jam - Thanks for sending that info and review on E Zorb I think I had heard some people say that too. Perhaps that was the reason I decided not to take it. That was some time ago too. I just hope that the gal who sent you the review on it and has decided to go to meds, that something helps her. Nothing I took helped much except for the Forteo injections daily . You can only take it for 2 years. I had no reactions at least not at the time I was taking them . That is also extremely expensive. Couldn't take

Diane - Hope you are doing better. I saw you lately doing your games so I hoped you were doing better. I know Rock's loss of Zippy is very hard for you and everyone here, besides Rock and Gordon.

Hi also to Sun, Dar, Joan, Georgia Elaine, Jole, SW and everyone else I can't think of at the moment. Off to eat lunch and do my exercises !!!

Love to everydobby,
    Granni