Porchlight Volume 223 now CLOSED !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

By the power invested in me by dear SMG I am opening this new volume for all to partake !!

Mr D where is that SMG anyway? She has been gone for SOOO long !!

[This Message was Edited on 04/13/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2008]
  2. Granniluvsu

Hope I didn't get anyone caught in the door. I am surprised I didn't get myself caught (-: !!

Candy - don't know if you saw my question on what your real granni's name was? I am trying to figure out the pizzle of grannigrunt (-: !!

Lin - I guess you can change the last volume to closed (or whatever you do).

*******BTW, my last post is on the last volume. It was a pretty long one. Sorry I still have never copied and pasted or whatever you do yet, So, if any are interested please check it out.

3. ckball

ckball New Member

I just wanted you to know I posted a update on my mom on the other thread, I could not edit the title.

It is not good, they do not expect her to make it, She had a massive stroke and nothing can be done for her, thank you all for your love and support-Carla
  4. Granniluvsu

Dear Carla,

I already sent a note on the other thread. She and you will be in our prayers.

If you get the time to you might delete one of your posts, after mine. I am sure you posted in a hurry. If you have no time and are on your way to your mom we understand !!

God bless your Mom, you and your family,

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

We're all thinking of Carla and her mom today.

Nothing more to say.

Hugs to all,
  6. Granniluvsu

Julie - Yes, I think I got your girls confused !! Lindsey and her DH are like my son and DIL. They have been trying so hard and hope to join the fostering to adopt program. They are all set except for the home visit they have to go throughl. Now they are SOOOO careful which is good as so many children seem to fall through the cracks as they say. Some of the fostering parents are being selfish and just want the money or who knows what all. Hope they get a child soon one way or the other. DIL's SIL is pregnant with her 2nd child. They already have a little girl about 18 months or so. She is SOOOO cute. We saw them at Easter time. I know it hurts my son and DIL SOOO much not to have a child !!

Geoergia - I am so glad you are on meds and doing better. Hope that helps you to get well pdq now.. Knock on wood, the last two years I have been so lucky. I can go from laryngitis to bronchitis or almost pneyumonia in nothing flat. I really think the flu shot has helped me alt and I am so thankful that I am able to take it and antibiotics, unlike friends of mine.

OMG girl where do you live that it is 90 degrees already. I thought it was bad when it waws about 80 the other day. It has been windy and sunny today but not really warm, but nice. The next few days it is supposed to be in the 30's ij the morning and et up to about 70 or so , or so they say.

I shiver when I hear about our dear porchies in the COLD still !!!! Oh dear !!

Candy - Have no fear if you call me Grannigrunt I will just smile (-: !!

Hope to hear from some more of our dear porchies soon. So sorry to hear about Carla's dear mom !!! I know it really hurt me when mymom died and it hurt me so badly when I really couldn't do more to help her. I jut feel so badly and to see her that way I am sure my b/p would skyrocket. Doesn't take all that much nowadays.

7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we are all here for you!

well friday night i had a good time...i am exhausted right now and need to review for my math test for tomarrow...i hope i get the extra points.

well gonna go for now...

just checking....oh i did get some sun time today for the weathter was spectactular..

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

First a little God Bless for Carla and her mother.

I am not staying on here today as I woke up feeling breathless and tired. Went outdoors to collect roofing Danny was stripping off and got even more breathless and tired, so I am going to kick back for a while. Don't know if it is pollen or asphalt allergy or just yet another little FM"CFS "gift".

Love to you all.

9. Granniluvsu

Well, as usual I have vacuuming and other stuff to do and DH wants to do some painting when he gets back from golf . OH Goody !!!!

SO Mickey - you are being called to paint this afternoonn and anyone else ethat wants to join in the FUN !!

Carla - I sent you a message on that other post . Thinking of you and your mom !!!

Elaine - glad you enjoyed your trip. Yes, I am one of those that brings alot more than I need to . Like you say you never know the weataher and even if I do I seem to be always cold and so need some warm stuff at least sweaters for me to stay warm in the a/c and fans blowing, etc.

MY DH is always fussing at me for bringing to much stuff. When we take a real trip out of TX I never know the weather or may have an idea as I check the internet. However, one never know, as you all know when it comes to the weather. Just in my house I have a sweater on, even when it is in the 80's and sometimes above !! Plus with my luck I would spill something on myself and have nothing to change into.

Crazy weather here- it was in the 30's tonight , is in the 50's now and is supposed to hit about 70 or so today. I'll believe it when I see it but the SUN is beautiful !!

Annie - So sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope you get to feeling beter soon and that it is just allergy related.

Geeorgia - Was wondering how you do all that furniture moving while feeling so badly !! Yes, please try and take it easy.

Jodie - Good luck on your math test. I hear your frustratiaon with math as I had the same thing. Hope you did have a little fun on your weekend.

Candy - Hope all is well with you and you did get to hae some fun tis weekend. What is the weather where you live. You might hae to wait awhile to ride DH Harley. Do you ride with him or do you have your own? I forget if you mentioned it. Ithink they a have their place but am afraid for people who ride them on the freeway with NO HELMETS on !!!

1sweetie - Hope you are doing OK or better !!

MrD and Rock where are you ??? Hope all is well and you are resting from your weekends.

Hugs and blessings to ALL, inc those not mentioned.

10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

wrong w/my brain....hopefully i will bring up my score.

i may need to change to a different career if i can not make the math grades i need....wish i had that math gift.

sounds like me elaine..but i am learning what to bring and if i forget something i just go out and buy it.

it is really breezy out here today sunny though. i think i am going to take a nap...i was so darn tired after i had some drama in my house w/some friends whom one was really drunk and out of control....but she did apologize on saturday night.

i texted the plumber owner that i was not ready to date anyone seriously i needed to take care of myself. not him it was me.

i just need to finish out school and focus on myself. did not go into details why....we all know why here.

i am doing well by not drinking the alcohol...starting to make sure i am eating more frequently and going to workout more frequently as well...

that darn tennis elbow surgery was most definitely was unsuccessful. i don't know if it was the physical force of the defense of the rape that retore the tendon, or if it just didn't heal well.

well you all have a peaceful day.

11. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry to hear some are not feeling well and hope you recoop sooner rather than later.

Thank all of you for your support, I just finished an update on a new thread so will not repeat myself, going to get in my jammies and curl up with my girls, actually just Missy as Twy is in mom's bed sleeping at her feet, so sweet.

Yes, I have been talking to her and now that I have privacy can do more, but still no response.

Thank you all again, I am hanging in there but very tired now-Take care-Carla

12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Well our porch is touched with sadness tonight for sure. I know we are all united in spirit with Carla and her mother

It reminds me of a fave hymn:

When we are called to part, it brings us inward pain
    But we will still be joined in heart, until we meet again

(Blessed Be the Ties that Bind)

I am feeling better now, just that overwhelming fatigue that hits us all so swiftly earlier.

Dan took the shingles off the whole patio roof,, it is about 24ft square and our nice garbage man came later and hauled it all away for us.

I may have mentioned what a lovely neighborhood we live in, just such earthy, decent, kind folk. Always watching out for one another. I just love this town.

Went to PO to send off the paperwork at long last (18 months late) to apply for my UK pension. I wanted to register the mail and the machine broke down, so it took a while. So who knows, I may be a little better off within the next couple of months all being well.

I had not known I could claim it, so it is a lovely surprise and will mean the difference between the poorhouse and being just about OK for us. I did work about20 years in the UK and paid in more there than here.

Lin, did you get that big electric truck fire near your home?

Glad you had a nice time Jodie, and that you are doing OK Candy and Granni and Elaine-did you get any more test results back?

Well, I am off to listen to my books on tape or maybe the BBC.

Love to all, Annie
  13. Granniluvsu

Are thoughts and prayers are with Carla and her MOM. I am so proud of her being so strong.

Well, did some walking on the treadmill this morning (hope it shows in my bone density test on thursday).
    Please pray that they come out better than before even though the doctor said she would most likely put me on something anyway after getting the results anyway. I was on the daily inj. Forteo for two years). You can only be on it for two years ao I am off and hope it did something good for all that aggravation.

After lunch DH and I started some paining on the porch. There is so much to do. We just do a little at a time but it seems like there is so much it to do it is frustrating just to look at it. I am doing the railing, the white part and DH is doing the top and then later will do the floor with a roller. Luckily, DH said that he was going to get me a small roller abd pan so that might help the painting to go faster for me.

Mickey - if you want to you can come tomorrow and help out. I am sure I will be doing more then too. Hope all is well with you. Mayabe you had a very busy day at work !!

Candy - Hi there kiddo. Hope you aren't feeling to badly today. I need to get off this computer and start getting ready for bed. That takes awhile.

Made dinner and ate and hear I am. Nothing else is really new so I guess I will leave for now. Hope al is well with everyone !! Now that chorale is over for the season I will be home on mondays - HOORAY !!

Hope to see everyone tomorrow sometime. I am sure I will be painting too(-: groan !!

14. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I love you guys so much for all the love and comfort that we can find here...here is a big hug for all of you.

I just have a minute, but am so saddened by Carla's news...I am praying for comfort for her and her Mother.

I lost a very dear sweet cousin Saturday. He was 52 and died from a massive heart attack. His mother passed away in July from cancer. We are still in shock. He has 5 brothers and sisters, but he was the strong one that kept us all in line. That is a job!

Will be away for a few more days. The viewing is tonight and the funeral tomorrow.

hugs to all
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Kids! Sorry I've been AWOL for a couple of days! I've
    been busy as Guido has been doing my taxes! He's very good
    with numbers. Such a help. Guido thinks he has found every
    possible deduction and has hidden all sources of other income
    NOT readily visible to the IRS! That's our Guido!!

Carla: I hope you and Mom are comfortable this morning and you remain in my thoughts. It's a most difficult time.

Julie: Ya sound as busy as per usual! Hope the carpets are
    going in easily and all things will be back to "normal"
    later today.

Lacey: So sorry to hear of your cousins death. He was far too
    young! My deepest condolences.

Rocky: You've been AWOL too! Has Guido been helping you
    with taxes also? Think lots of peeps have had to concentrate on the subject the past fee days. PORCH has
    been indeed quite.

Granni: Do wish to thank you for starting the "new" Post.
    SMG has been at the Vatican aiding the Pope in preparation
    for His visit to the USA next month. I believe Her duties
    will be concluded and She will remain here to resume Her
    official functions as PORCH "Overseer" and "Director of
    Protocol". (We've missed Her grately) If ya know what I'm

Annie: Good news about the British Pension! Do you think
    that you may be able to get a checque "radio actively" for
    the previous 18 mos.? That would be a nice windfall! Hey.
    even a "hot check" from the Gov. is a blessing! Hello to
    the Danny's.

I have to help with some DMV stuff and I'm thinkin' today
    might be a good day to do so wiff peeps busy trying to
    meet the tax deadline tonight! Maybe very few peeps at the
    DMV office today?

I know I missed a bunch of you! But you're in my thoughts

[This Message was Edited on 04/15/2008]
  16. Granniluvsu

I have just a short time before DH go out and start painting the posts and railing to the porch "dck" (ours). Sorry guys if I ever get this done I won't have the time or energy to do ours here on OUR PORCH.

Mickey - You said you would help paint (-:! Hope you are well and just busy at work.

Elaine - wht a lovely verse you wrote or copied. That is beautiful !! Yes and we are all here for Carla and have been thinking about her again today.

Mrdad - Glad you are busy with your taxes and hope they are all ready for mailing and "inspection". I am so glad that "Guido" could be of help. Hope you are getting some money back. Thank God Dh did ours and sent it on its way long ago. I would have to have it done.

Julie - Glad that you could be of help to your mom with her carpeting, etc. I am sure she appreciates it very much. Hope you are trying to rest "even just a little bit". You are wearing me out

I actually even vacuumed today for the first time in awhile. I just never seemed to have the energy and always hurt. However, I knew tomorrow and thursday is out for me . Thurs I have my thyroid labs done and have my bone density done to seee if the daily Forteo injections helped at all.

Candy - Hope youare doing OK today and the weather has improved where you are. It is trying to warm up and is really nice and sunny anyway. Have to go soon and start the painting brigade !!! Oh joy, I wish I had enough moneyto hire someone to paint.

Hey does Jerome paint or know someone that does for very cheap???? (-!!

********Hugs and blessings to everyone, inc those awol and or those just not mentioned. You are all dear to me.

Reminder -I will be busy on wed and thursday so not sure I will get back on those days. Wed I have choir practice at night, maybe thursday night. Woill try and check again tonight.

17. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Nice day here but cold wind.

Granni I laughed at a typo you made - you said we were paining on the porch today - I loved that as paining is how it feels right!!!

Mrdad-I just got today's AARP mag and note you are featured swimming the channel between alcatraz and San Fran-how DO you do it!!!

Where's Rocky?

Lacey so sorry about your cousin, what a shock for you all, prayers and condolences.

We were just over at our 85 year old neighbor's fixing her plumbing-just as we opened the flamable glues etc she brought in a portable heater and put it right next to it!!!
    She is a doll, speaks only a little English although she has lived here many years-she is from Scicily as most of our neighbors are, they are all darlings-just so lively and friendly and all long lived, despite eating their way through tons of pasta and biscotti their whole lives-they have a marvelous attitude towards life/pain/etc.

I posted re a program on PBS tonight on Health systems the world over that is really interesting looking.

Elaine, let us know when you get your results.

Have my gyne tomorrow then eye doc Thursday when I shall ask if HE thinks the MRI is MS or not-he is the smart doc. I will go with his appraisal not my reg. doc for sure.

Well hopefully tomorrow we will have a roof on our patio here. so you are all invited for coffee except the place still looks like a slum-maybe next week when we have fixed it up some?

Love to all, and special wishes to dear Carla.

18. Granniluvsu

Lacey - I do not think I gave my condolences on the death of your cousin. He was so young really. I know I had a uncle who died about that age I think of a heart attack. However, we lived so far away and people didn't fly around the country like they do today-unless you had alot of money , and we didn't (-: !! There are so many relatives including my grandmother who I didn't get to see hardly at all due to this reason.

Annie - How funny. you mentioning my type. I saw that and thought I woule change and then I thought, no I will keep it there. That is really how I feel./ Yes did some painting this afternoon . It will get done some day (-: !!
    Let us know what the doc says aboaut possible MS, hope not !!

Elaine - keep us updated on your biopsy please hon !

Georgiec - glae you are feeling better and taking a BB bakeoff break.

Candy- where are you today? I'll be gone tomorrow and at night. Maybe some in the afternoon late.

Well here comes DH again needing the computer again so I have to run.

Blessings and hugs,

19. Granniluvsu

I guess I will start the next Porch volume. Maybe by now I will have gotten this down (-: !! Am I doing OK SMG ??
    I am closing this volume and see you all on the other side, K??