Porchlight volume 630 now ON !!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Jul 29, 2013.

1. springwater

springwater Member

live peacefully now. instead of having to worry about this, that and other.

i hv a cold whichcould get worse if i dont take care of it. been coughing.

take care, you all

God Bless
  2. Darrae

Darrae Member

Julie,

You did the right thing. It's in God's hands now. Grandpa loves you. You know this. He will understand. If not right away, down the road a little. Either way, you and Den have done all you can. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty.

The nurse is right. They've likely heard it all and will not be fooled by SIL. They will check her out. And when they do, her past will definately not shine brightly. I am also a mandatory reporter in my line of work. I have a serious passion for the rights of seniors.

Over the last 8 years, I've been instrumental in having 3 people fired in two of the facilities I've worked in for inappropriate treatment of an elderly person. (A Nurse, a CNA, and a Hairdresser. ) I know the position she is in. I also know that some good will come of this. It may be hard at first, but it will get better. Don't fret over what you cannot control. And do not doubt Gramps love for you and Den.

How does that saying go? Change the things you can change, and accept the things you that you cannot change.
    Or words to that effect.

Sun is right. You need to slow down, breathe, rest and take care of yourself. Concentrate on Kitties. If the church and neighbors couldn't help, then this was your only and last alternative. Do not feel like you've done Gramps a bad turn. Quite the contrary. There shouldn't be rotten food or moldy bacon in his fridge, nobody should be yelling at him, and no one should make him feel the way he's been feeling. I know your heart is heavy, but you have fought this battle as far as you can.

Try to concentrate on the good that will come eventually. Concentrate on Den and your health. Be happy for a while. Oh, and I'm glad to hear your license covers lawn devices. I don't know why they take those pictures the way they do. I always look like a "deer in the headlights". Not a good look. But I suppose, when ya get pulled over, that is what you're gonna look like. LOL :confused:

Take a deep breath and live Julie. You deserve it.

Hugz,
    Dar
  3. Darrae

Darrae Member

Spring,

Sorry you have a cold. Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

Blessings,
    Dar
  4. Darrae

Darrae Member

Sun,

You're a "good egg". And your advice is sound.

Wishing you peace and health,
    Dar

Spring,

I can relate to your alcohol phobia. I'll explain some time. My thoughts are with you.

In comiseration,
    Dar

Granni,

Sorry you're havin to deal with this mess. It's hard when a family member just can't seem to get it together and you feel like you just have to help. But there comes a time when tough love is all there is left if you want to keep your own sanity.

Loves,
    Dar
  5. Darrae

Darrae Member

To all else on the porch, Love like it's your last day. Light the world with your heart. Think Happy thoughts. Stick yer nose in your favorite flower and draw the scent in. If ya can't dance, tap yer toes. If you can dance, dance as if no one were watching. Sing as if no one were listening. Live each day as if it were your last. And may we all find ourselves in less pain tomorrow!

Love to all and may God bless your dreams.

Dar