PORCHLIGHT VOLUME #734 IS NOW CLOSED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie - I guess we both asked about Dar's dear Pyewackett and his name. BTW, I have not been doing exercising per se other than going 2x a week to the gym to do the treadmill ( if we push each other and actually make it) and maybe a couple other machines. Neither one of us wants to go. Tomorrow I will go, hopefully to line dancing which I have not gone to in probably at least a month. Hope I remember how to do some of the dances. I haven't done the exercises the chiro gave me for my neck and all.
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

My computer is driving me crazy. My computer has been lockng up. I rebooted and wrote some more and added to my last post above this. Then, after writing a whole bunch more it did the same thing, So, I give up and am sending this on as is. I give up !! I just hate that after all the time writing and not much to show for it. ):!! Hope to check n later or tomorrow. Gotta work on dinner !!!

Love to awl !!!,
    Granni
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Kids, I'm keeping my post short too--nothing much to tell.

Granni, even though you protest, you still do a lot and I know how hard it is when dealing with fatigue and the other things which come with our conditions. I still admire you and all you do. It's easier for me because I don't have a husband to have to consider. If I had my druthers, I'd rather my marriage had worked out but it didn't so I do what I want without other considerations. BTW, if a chiro or PT tech gives you exercises or stretches, it's important to do them every day no matter how much you don't want to do them or the problem will return.

Julie, same for you--you do so much and I know the toll it takes on you. I wouldn't ignore those chest pains. It's your body telling you something. Sometimes, if we ignore what our body tells us, at some point, it is too late. I'm not trying to scare you but so many loved ones depend on you and love you. I just hope you're taking good care of yourself.

I'm disgusted that I don't feel like doing anything. There is this malaise, along with aches and pains, especially in my shoulder. I've done nothing but rest it and take anti-inflammatories. The bicep muscle no longer hurts so I guess that's an improvement but the shoulder snaps and cracks and I believe that means the muscles and tendons are scrunching around trying to make room in the bone. I don't know whether it's because I've been in pain for almost three months now or whether it's all the anti-inflammatories I'm taking but I have become emotionally numb. It's like the PTSD I suffered from following my divorce. At some point, I know it will pass but it's awful living like this. Whine, whine, whine!

Haven't seen the two kittens again. I fear for them and hope that they have found a kind soul to take them in. T & S are sooooo good. They didn't cry to come in until 5:00 this morning. Putting food and water out on the lanai for them was a good idea. They no longer charge in like they are starving. I saw the Super Moon last night shining through the branches of the scrub pine. When I brought Simon's dish inside, the moon was shining brightly through light cloud cover. It really is brighter. If y'all missed it, we get another Super Moon in Sept. There is also a meteor shower to the NE and Venus and Jupiter are close together in the sky. Both are the brightest planets in the sky. Lots going on.

Finally, today Oprah's and Deepak Chopra's meditation series for 21 days begins today. I already listened to the sample audio and it left me feeling great. Maybe this is what I need to get outta this funk. There is no cost and no commitment so if y'all are interested, give it a try; you've got nuttin' to lose.

Love, Mikie
  4. springwater

springwater Member

Hello everyone

I wanted to open a new porch but couldnt see open new topic button

Mikie - sorry youre feeling not great, i know thsts an understatement but i still love devouring yr posts..i make sure at least peek in to see whats up with who

I really pray your this bout of rough weather re health is over soon, in fact, NOW!

Im watching AFV and they showed this funny cat sitting inside a circular toy with a ball in the edge and her pushing it round n round, lol lying down and playing at same time

Pls try sending divine whitelight or white violet light to your shoulder and imagine the dirty energy there moving into divine light ..i say divine because its non denominational, ive heard a crackling in the bones like grating could signify a break in the protective aura and dirty energy elemental slipping thru..this is disintegrated by violet light and you can visualize yr aura being made strong.and impenetrable

Ive had a lot of the same things going on here, losing stuff then finding it in same place where i looked before..electricals going phuttt one after another..and of course the fatigue and stress when things pile up...ho hum..but where there is negative energy there is positive to combat it.my prayers help a lot..of course..when karma dictates i hv to go such n such thing, that i need to experience it..well..then its just waiting it out..praying..breathing

Julie - oreo sounds like my Tinku..she's funny but too much excitable.i love Oreos snug bed
    Your family gathering sounded warm and happy.lots of kids..grown ups nd now a michievous active pooch...u maybe right about your heart..but the fact that it is acting up means something..rest..i know it doesnt seem possible esp now, but do put yr foot down when u need to.

Granni - how was the line dancing? I forgot you were doing exercises for your neck..tk goodnesd the poison ivy thing cleared up

Rock - i always thought frangipani was a dessert..lol! I love the sound of yr garden..youre weeding too loud..hahaha..these stairs are a pain...at this stage..what wil happen later on?

I went out to the monastery yesterday with DH ..nice weather..cool..we hsd a quick bite too in
    The restsurant overlooking the stupa..grilled cheese n veg sandwich n milk..he had s/w n coffee

The rains hv caused a landslide and it wiped out hydropower station..so again the power cuts hv increased...cant keep things too long in fridge...luckily our inverter allows me to use the fan and tv any time..
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Julie, please make yourself a priority and take care of yourself. Your body is telling you that there is something wrong and you need to listen. You are no good to your family dead. My sister wouldn't believe that she had a seizure disorder and I had to watch her die yesterday morning in a hospital bed after having a heart attack eight hours earlier. Don't do this to your family. Your chest pain is trying to tell you something. Your kids are adults and can look after themselves and their families. Your sister-in-law can look after Grandpa. You need to look after you and find out why you have chest pain. Please - don't ignore it. Make yourself a priority!!!! :)