PORK BQ Do you think??????

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by carebelle, Jan 2, 2005.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

ever sence Christmas I have been haveing pins and needles feelings all over my body.It feels like I have an allergy to something .Its really getting bad I itch all over.
    We had pork BQ ribs from a restrant .I also do not have a gullblatter and I wondered if that could cause me to have a reaction from the pork?When I use to have my gullblatter hot dogs would make me really sick but not itch.I had 52 stones and had it out about 25 years ago.
    Anyone know what this could be???
    What can I do?
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Hi Carebell
    I don't think there is a corrolation between the gallbladder removal, the BBQ, and your itching.

I think you really need to see a doctor about this. You didn't indicate whether there are any visible signs on your skin (e.g. hives) or not.

You need to get this checked out at a doctors. Have you started a new medication lately????

I know that my MIL had shingles which had the "pins and needles" sensations, but you could see it on her skin.

This has to be miserable for you. Please call your doctor, something is going on in your body. Joyfully

3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have called the doc and have an apt Sat.I am trying to get enought nerve to talk in a list of what I want them to check again.No hives this time but several years ago I had Mercury Poison and was told to have my fillings taken out if it came back.I did have really bad hives then.I plan to get my fillings out after reading all the information on this site.I just hope its not the poision again or I probably should say still.Thank you for your consernI'll post when I find out something.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

When you think that you might be having an allergic reaction to something, have you ever taken any Benedryl?

It would help with the itching.

I agree, I don't think it has anything to do with your gallbladder surgery for the pork bbq.

You said this has bothered you ever since Christmas.

Have you worn any new clothes you received prior to washing them?

Did you have a real live tree in your house for Christmas?

Any new decorations setting around?

Some of these things may have caused you an allergic reaction.

Then the ususal questions .... have you changed laundry detergent, fabric softener, cologne, bath gels or bubble bath, body powder, etc.?

Until you can get in to a doctor, if you're not allergic to Benedryl, I would get some and take as directed on the box for a few days to see if it helps. And ... I don't know about you, but I think the Benedryl name brand works better than the generic.

Hope you get to feeling better.

P.S. I red your bio .... I just live down the river from Cincinnati!
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Benedryl yes I have used that.I would like to find the cause not just take a medication.No I have not tried anything new.I have a history of allergys so I know all of those Q.
    The only thing new was the pork BBQ.
    I am very careful with things I use because of both enviromental,food and natural allergies,
    Thank you for reading my bio if you read my other post you will see how this DD has affected my life also.Thank you for careing.Where are you from?I live in Va.now but I love cincinnati.
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I just read your bio.What a busy lady you are.I would love to live in the country.I also love strawberries;)
    I miss being in cincy with my family specially during holidays, you are blessed.
    I am so sorry you have all those health problems.thank you again for responding to my post.Have a good day!
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm sorry about all of your medical problems, too.

I've had my gallbladder out, too, many years ago. I had problems with what I ate for years, but not any more.

The pins and needles thing sounds like some type of nerve problem. Did you happen to do anything where you may have pinched a nerve in your back? Maybe that nerve is causing the sensation?

I live on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River close to Portsmouth OH -- not far from Cincinnati. We've gone down to Cincinnati a few times to see the Reds play.

Don Gullett, former pitcher for the Reds (years and years ago) and now a coach, is from our county -- so people here go see the Reds all of the time.

Hope you find out your problem and feel better.

8. fahan

fahan New Member

I had the same problem afew years ago, it was bad. I had gotten so sick that I couldn't even eat. for 3 wks water wouldn't even stay down. I hope that's not the case for you. I stopped all pork and anything containg pork, only get it minor now. The smell of pork makes me physcially very sick. not had pork 6 yrs.,never gall bladder out. good luck.

[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/09/2005]