Positive ANA test...anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Oct 13, 2006.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Does anyone have a positive ANA? Just curious cuz I do. I am curious if anyone else has this and if you think it means anything? Thanks Mick!!
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

Yes. Mine was positive at 1:320 summer 2005 and at 1:160 summer 2006.

TerryS
  3. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

Yes I had it for 5 years then the last test I had was ok.
  4. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

I had a low positive...my GP sent me to a rheumy for additional testing...5 blood tests later still no answers...Going back in 2 weeks for last blood test. See what he says....Could indicate lupus....Or autoimmune/ L.
  5. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

A positive ANA does not always mean Lupus. Only sometimes. Additional testing is needed. I had a positive ANA for 5 years and do not have Lupus.
  6. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yep - positive ANA, have had blood clots and still no answers for them or why my ANA is positive. Rheumy still says FM but I hope to one day get some more answers.

Hang in there. Patience is the key apparently. They may find something in the future or may not. Just a waiting game I guess. Sooooo frustrating! I have also had alot of the "classic" Lupus rashes and still un-diagnosed.

Good Luck to you!
    Hugs
    Kim
  8. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

All through the last 20+ years my ANA's have been normal... until a year and a half ago a new dr ordered an ANA and it came back low positive. I felt like I finally had some "proof" that SOMETHING was going on with me. He ran additional lupus specific tests and they came back normal. Then the dr didn't feel like the low-positive ANA was any big deal after that. Bah hum bug!
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I had a endocrine doc tell me that ANA, rheumatoid factor etc only tell you there may be inflammation (any type) going on in the body. FM and CFS can produce mild elevations. I have an elevated Rf factor since 2-3 years back, below 300, but there is no sign of systemic illness, so we attribute it to CFS.I have no other of those inflammatory results positive which is good.

HUGS