POSITIVE Epstein-Barr virus, anyone?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 5, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

This seemed to be my first abnormal lab a LONG time ago!!!
    Be well,
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

This seemed to be my first abnormal lab a LONG time ago!!!
    Be well,
    Kady
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Yes, mine is >7, when normal is supposed to be <1. My doc has given me a RX for a "mono spot" test, but I haven't gone yet. By the way, does anyone know if this is a blood test, or a throat culture? I started a thread on this when I first found out I had it. If you search in the message search box for Epstein Barr, you should find lots of info on it. I still don't really understand it, even after being told, but I think it's a symptom of CFS. Has your doctor sent you for a mono spot test? Good luck.

Regina
  4. maxtout

maxtout New Member

....or did you just test positive for the EBV? I've read that about 95% of the U.S. population carries the virus or has been exposed to it by the time they reach adulthood. Did your doctor tell you testing positive was abnormal? The CDC website has some real interesting info on EBV.
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

that the docs at Duke said I was positive, and this was years ago...They had no idea what my problems were caused by and they just said that I had an autoimmune collagen-vascular disease...probably Lupus. A lot has changed since then.
    Thank you for replying.....
    Kady
  6. selma

selma New Member

I have had a highr ebv teat in the past. Read some of the threads in the search above the posts. Put in EBV.

You really need to be retested Now!

Love Selma