Positive HHV6 antibodyWhat does this mean?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Apr 17, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Is HHV6 one of the viruses that everyone will show positive to? My IGG was 10 and normal is <10. I dont know if I am reactiviated or if it means I have had it before? Any ideas? Thanks
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Most people have High IGG anti bodies of some type. It just indicates a past infection. On the other hand, High IGM antibodies indicate a current infection.

The importance of testing for the antibodies for CFS/FM patients, even the IGG, is that the viruses can hide in the body and "flare" up occassionally. So even if you don't have an active infection the virus can still be there undetected. You often will hear people on the board talk about stealth viruses. These viruses can hide in fibrinogen deposits on the walls of capillaries. So, it's important to also get your fibrinogen levels checked and get a "thrombotic marker panel" done. If you have very high fibrinogen then you might need to get on heparin shots to break up the deposits and release the viruses so they can finally be killed and cleansed from the body.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Seem to be more effective in controlling HHV-6 than antiviral meds. There is a very good book called, "The Virus Within," which gives good info on this Herpes-Family Virus.

Love, Mikie
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks for the replies. Why do some docs think that the IGG being elevated means reactivation? I dont understand since there is so much confusion surrounding these IGG virus levels and what they mean.