Positive Rheumatoid Factor ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ranger, Sep 8, 2003.

1. ranger

ranger New Member

I've always been told my Rheumatoid factor was positive. They also said there can be false positives. But since I have symptoms, they wanted to know what mine was suggesting. In a 2 year span, it went up and up and up to like 160? I think they said. Then it went down, and down to where it is now. I forget the number (9?) so it is not alarming, but still remains positive. They thought I was predisposed for Lupus, at first. Should I keep having it checked? Is this normal for the results to do? Who knows about this stuff?
    Ranger/mom
  2. Twain1973

Twain1973 New Member

I just had my Rheumatoid factor tested and the result was 16. I was told this is a negative test result. My aunt has horrible Rheumatoid Arthritis. She said that her test results increase when she is having a flare up with the arthritis. The highest result was over 500. The more pain and swelling she has, the higher the test result. She sees the result as a indication of disease activity in her body. She has the test done periodically to monitor this activity.

Hope this helps!
    (Doesn't it seem sometimes that that we have all of these tests done to get answers and instead we end up with more questions?)

[ advertisement ]