POSITIVE THOUGHT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeniwren, Mar 4, 2003.

1. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried positive thinking therapy?? Either as an aid to or in place of pain meds??

One other thing...I'm not able to recognise most of the meds people take....different things prescribed in different countries I suppose.

jeniwren
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2003]
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I believe thinking positively is good for alot of things.. Its just that not everyone is at that stage, or able to take on that sort of therapy. Yes though, it does help.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I recently had some hypnotherapy which helped me relearn what it is like to be a well person again. It emphasized positive outcomes and gave me some visualizations to help me stay positive.

I am a strong believer in the mind/spirit/body connection. I work on all three.

Love, Mikie
  4. nefran5

nefran5 New Member

It may not be a cure, but it can sure make you feel a whole lot better. I don't have insurance so I rely on my own body-wisdom and positive thinking, instead of pain meds. Many reputable doctors have witnessed that pain meds do not really seem to work for Fibro, but have seen change for the better with relaxation techniques, meditation and a more positive understanding and attitude about one's condition... ..works for me!
  5. KarenL47520

KarenL47520 New Member

bad day, calf muscles of my legs are knoted and hurt like crazy. Vision is totally gone today. But I am trying my best to stay positive and stay focused that my doctor's appointment is just a little over a week away.

When I read here that other people had appointments that were months away, my heart really went out to them.

My legs hurt so bad so I have spent the biggest part of the day on the couch snuggled in a quilt watching movies, cats piled on top of me, listening to my birds fuss to get out of their cages.

Another thing I can get a laugh from no matter how rotten I feel is watching my ferrets play. They are the happiest and most delightful little animals, we have 5 of them and they are a joy.

I am also trying to find ways to relax myself because it really does seem I am staring to have quite a bit of anxiety about things. I haven't been able to work since January and no sick benefits and starting to feel the financial strain which in turn causes more stress and anxiety. But I keep on trying, I guess that is the main thing.

6. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I thought this was such a good post, that I wanted to bump it!!!! Stay positive everyone.......if we don't believe we will get better, then we won't. We have to BELIEVE it and make our bodies believe it!!! Be blessed!