Possessed??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marecee58, Jun 19, 2003.

1. marecee58

marecee58 New Member

Anyone ever feel like your possessed by aches and pains to the point that the difficulty of performing any given task and a feeling as if you are moving backwards instead of forwards is overwhelming.
    Or...that the time in the day gets skewd when you plan to get certain things done. Like the day drags on with pain but yet the day is gone before you know it and you didn't accomplish the things you planned on doing.
  2. rox75

rox75 New Member

I feel ya I'm here @ wrk and I can barely hold my head up because of the pain and stiffness I am having in my neck and shoulders. I feel 78 instead of 28! LOL Keep the faith sista, we'll make it! Besides, never do today what you can put off to do tomorrow right? :) Love, Roxanne
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What a unique word to describe this feeling! I sure know what you mean. Its kind of like the 'best laid plans of mice and men'.

Our brain is moving along, but our bodies just can't keep up.

Layinglow, cobwebs and moss??? you must live in the South :)

I have lots of both around here, and it is hard to keep the cobwebs out of the house..............

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to the board, just saw that this is your first post.

We live by the rule; 'never do today what you can put off till tomorrow!'.

Good attitude, you will make it along with the rest of us, you have the right frame of mind.

Again, welcome.............

Shalom, Shirl
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

All the time! Days and days go by without getting some of the littlest stuff done! Talk about time going by...!

The one upside is that you quickly find out what REALLY needs to be done as opposed to what doesn't, or that what somebody else does is 'good enuf'!

Victoria
  6. marecee58

marecee58 New Member

Actually I live in New Jersey. We have had a very damp/rainy spring and the temperatures have been well below normal - yikes!! Last month just one week before going to the Caribbean for two weeks, I saw my Rheumetologist. He said that I would probably feel a whole lot better down there. Damn if he wasn't "right." Infact, I felt soo good that I stopped taking my supplements and meds!!
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It has been awhile since I was brave enough to stop the Xanax and the supplements!

I did go into a remission twice, both times for almost a year, I know what you mean, feeling like you have none of the pain etc, even for a little while is just wonderful.

Sorry your weather is not being agreeable, in Louisiana its been bad with the heat(way above average here), rain, humidity, and dampness, then the sun comes out and its near a 100 degrees. It does not help with the pain either.

To get an idea how damp it is, I did not use my car for a week. It was so covered with green mold, that my husband had to use a window cleaner to get it off.
    Its white and believe me if you would have seen it, it was a medium shade of green, the entire car windows down to the tires.

I could not rub hard enough to clean it, I had to let it stand till he got home.

Its been pretty miserable here also. Strange weather all over the world. Someone here from Germany, said it was very hot and humid there, and she did not have a/c, thats bad for sure.

HOpe we all get to feeling better, its been a bad week for me also.

Shalom, Shirl

8. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Not only the aches and pains but those darned creepy crawling vibrating awful feelings that drive me nuts!!!

Whenever someone asks me how FM feels I tell them "Like aliens have invaded my body - like I need to call Mulder and Scully on the X-files to come and investigate what they did to zap all my strength and make me feel like a zombie in a time warp!"

I used to brag about how I could do ten things at once but now it's impossible to do more than one thing at a time and do that slowly. It takes a long time to accept your limitations but eventually you do & then it's a bit easier to deal with.

Blessings,
    Shaky