Possible cause of FMS (my story)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Jul 8, 2006.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Hello,

Do you all think this could be true????
    I started to get signs and symptoms of FMS when I was under extreme stress. First my back started hurting, then over time it esculated to my neck. I started having a stiff neck. Then I noticed when someone poked me in my side that my muscles were sore. So I pressed the muscles in my shoulders, sides, neck, and back-all sore.

This was about 3 years ago. To this day, all is still the same. Now I noticed I have less energy (over time it has gotten worse and worse) and sleeping more.

My had my immune system tested because I am trying to conceive. I have clotting issues, and my killer cells are high which means they basically kill everything so I never get sick.

My theory is that extreme stress caused my immune system to be disfunctional and therefore fibromyalgia developed. This is the only thing I can figure out. Does this make sense or does this sound totally wrong???????

Any input would be greatly appreciated.............Kristy
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I think I have had problems since I was very young also.I believe that our Hormones play a part in this puzzle.When I had periods my body will ache and low grade fever just like I get from my CFS/FM .Now I am into Menopause and I hurt all over just like back then.
    But I also think other things cause it.I think there is a connection with vaccines and viruses.Also how we deal with stress and Lifes problems.
    Body,Mind and Sprit when something gets out of line.
    I have a friend who has FM/CFS and when she gets Preg. she feels Great.Looses weight and overall very healthy.Maybe her Happyness brings good health :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/09/2006]
  3. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I hope I continue to get more.

The weird thing is that all of my hormones levels are normal, my vitamins levels are normal, almost everything is normal except my thyroid is a little off. My stomach also gets spasms in it sometimes and I do not have IBS because I do not get constipated or diahhrea.

I have also been tested for EBV, CMV and they were normal.

What else could I be tested for????

Thanks Kristy
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Unfortunately, the causes are not often clear. Some people have thyroid or other hormone issues, some have viral or bacterial issues, some have issues with environmental toxins. It is usually charaterized as a neurological disease and the testing we need has really not been perfected yet. We just have to do the research ouselves and slowly work our way towards recovery.

If you want more testing, you could be tested for mycoplasma, HHV-6, Lyme and heavy metal toxicity. I have high mercury levles and that is one issue I am addressing.

None of these may be positive for you but there is still hope. Lots of people on this board have found things that helped them and more things are happening all the time.I hope you stick around and I think you will become more optimistic.

Cheers
    Kathy.

5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Have you ever been tested for Lyme disease? The symptoms are quite similiar to FM. Please do a google search to learn more on Lyme, I think you will find it very interesting. I never would have thought I had Lyme disease, but I did test positive for it and have had it for many years I'm sure. I am now being treated for Lyme and I really feel I am on the correct path for a cure.

Let me know what you think!
    Kellyann
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I feel fairly certain that stress caused my FMS and CFS

I was under a great deal of stress for many many years
  7. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Would like to hear more input, thanks
  8. katharine1229

katharine1229 New Member

except for the not getting sick part (I'm always sick, and antibiotics don't work for me very well...its pretty bad)

The FM, in my case, seems like it came out of stress from this as well. Stress from being sick, and having a million things to do. I'm in college, at a music school, which meant after all of my classes and homework, there was still 5 more hours of practicing to do and had to work to eat. I was accually just diagnosed with FM about a month ago.

I also find myself becoming more and more fatigued. I think its party the drugs trying to make my symptoms better.

The pain did start in my back, then my neck, then my legs. I have had the nerve pains for about 2 or 3 years (I don't know if they were just the first symptoms or something else completely different, because I do have confirmed nerve damage in one arm). Then, oddly, my eyebrows started forming knots. (I don't know if this happens to anyone else?) and I was getting really bad headaches from it. This is think seemed to start making the pain worse everywhere else. Its odd..