Possible CFS????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by imtired, Jun 19, 2003.

1. imtired

imtired New Member

I have not felt well lately. I can honestly say that it has been about 4 years since I've felt well. I fought it for the longest time until I was diagnosed as having a panic attack brought on by a combination of anxiety and depression.Before this diagnosis was made, I went through a series of blood tests checking my thyroid, hormonal, etc. levels. When this all came back as being normal(after one set of tests), I was prescribed Paxil and have been on it for 1 1/2 years needing an increase in dosage about once every six months. Five months ago, I had to have a hysterectomy and was told by my doctor that more than likely that would solve all of my problems. I did feel fine for a while (probably about 3 months). Three weeks ago after fighting muscle tension, headaches and tiredness, I called my doctor thinking that maybe I needed an increase in medicine again. She told me to decrease my dosage because more that likely my body was getting to much paxil. It has helped the muscle tension some, but I continue to be horribly tired all day long. I wake up tired in the morning. So, I'm looking for another reason for what's happening. I have experienced mood swings often, irritability, allergies and dizziness (I thought that this was due to allergies) I started researching about CFS and feel that I have many symptoms of this Syndrome. Any input? Where do I go to tend to this? Is there any treatment for this?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I have Fibromyalgia, not CFS, but we do have many members here you will be able to help with personal experience with this illness too.

Sorry you are feeling so bady, and do hope you find the cause soon.

Shalom, Shirl