Possible Consequences of OLE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna13210, May 30, 2003.

1. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I've been taking OLE for about 5 weeks now. I worked my way up to 600 mg twice/day.

In the past 3 weeks I have:

Fallen and sprained my left foot & injured right knee;
    My right wrist started hurting terribly;
    2 days ago I hurt my back really bad getting groceries.

Does anyone think it's related to the OLE or I am just in the middle of a string of bad luck?

Two of the above injuries ended up with hospital visits. My wrist has bothered me before, I usually wear my wrist brace overnight and the pain disappears. This time it won't go away!!

I'm beginning to wonder about this OLE, especially since I've not seen any significant benefits.

Any thoughts?

[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I`m sorry to hear this, bad enough just being ill! - I wondered if you are also on medication ? Could be an interaction, but OLE is quite good for that, as far as I know it`s quite safe.

I hope it`s simply a string of rotton luck - they say things happen in 3s - maybe that`s your lot now...

Could be pure coincidence, or that it`s possibly allowed you to be a little more active, my daughter became more active after 5-6 weeks on OLE.

I still stub my toes on the door or walk into the frame sideways, it`s like a magnet to me at times I swear.

Hope you are feeling better today,

Love Pat.
  4. lucky

lucky New Member

I started on OLE about 4 weeks ago, and have had no problems with it at all, the opposite, it seems to help my sinus problems quite a bit. So, I believe you are probably going through a string of bad luck and hope that you get better.
    Sincerely, Lucky
  5. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

is this a drug for FMS or CFS??
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Being uncoordinated, accident-prone, klutzy, etc. seems to be a symptom of these DDs..most have dysautonomia, which can cause balance problem, spatially relations disorders, etc. I have had many more problems with running into everything in my environment, dropping and breaking glasses, falling down so easily, etc. since I have had these DDs..I usually have a cut or bruise of some kind most of the time...

Also, I think Fibro will make your joints and muscles weaker and therefore more prone to falling, twisting your ankle, etc. which would cause falls and sprains..I never fell this much when I was pre CFS-FM, a rare occurrence then..My knees are much weaker and prone to be hurt just walking up and down stairs, or slightly steep slopes..In fact, I feel off balance most of the time, especially if I have to climb a ladder..get really dizzy and prone to fall...

OLE should not have any negative connection to injury..
    The Positive effectsinclude the following: Allergy symptom alleviation, alleviation of
    sinus-related symptoms, migraines if triggered by histamines can be prevented and maybe pathogen-triggered migraines (works similar to ABX), increases blood flow, regulates blood sugar, caused my blood pressure to be the lowest ever recorded by doc, etc. See Morton Walker's book on the subject...

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Just saw your question...Olive Leaf Extract..good article posted on it by PatPalmer (will bump)...It is an herb from the olive tree, which has helped me more than anything else I have ever tried, whether prescription or herb..It contains properties that are antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic..An herbal substitute for the ABX, that so many are using to deal with the mycoplasmas..

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
  8. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

THanks..

is there a test i can get for microplasms...are those bacterias..thats about the only test i dont think i have had...
    and if u have bacterias, besides OLE is there a script to get rid of bacteria or just treat with herbs and no real cure?

thanks again,
    Amy
  9. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

There are numerous discussions on Mycoplasma, chiefly by JellyBElly and her info on the ABX..put in Message Board search box..It would be best to talk to her about all of that..(I am too exhausted, today)..as she has the most info..but the Hemex website is the testing info for Mycoplasma..

There are plusses and minuses, to whether you go the ABX or OLE route..With OLE, there is no problem with it killing the good bacteria in your intestinal tract...I wanted to go this route, first, to see how well I could get..on it, as it also kills fungal, viral and parasitic infections..However, at some point, I may have to go to stronger medications..

With the stealth viruses and bacteria that we have in our bodies, I don't think you could say there is a cure..but you can alleviate and get rid of many of these critters that are greatly impacting on your health...

As I have had CFS for about 25 years, I am glad to get rid of symptoms such as daily migraines, sinus clogging, blood sugar regulation, lowered blood pressure, etc. which has been accomplished through using OLE... AND NONE OF THAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED GOING TO NUMEROUS CONVENTIONAL DOCS..I know that there is no real credible cure at this juncture...FROM ANY AREA OF RESEARCH..We have to pursue different modalities to see what works for the individual, hopefully, based on some science...

HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE...

10. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

hey if it can regulate my BLOOD SUGAR id be so incredibly happy...

i had intestinal bacterias looked at and i am all clean there if thats what they mean by the mycoplasma..

and i TOTALLy understand being too tired..ill do a search when i myself am not TOO tired..lol (as if that day will ever come )

thanks again
  11. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

by sensitive DNA tests done by Garth Nicholoson and others..
    You need to talk to Mikie and Jellybelly...about that.. You may also need to know about hypercoagulation..A PT or PTT test can be done by conventional docs, however, according the Sujay, it would not R/O hypercoagulation..

I do not have health insurance, so was not able to afford those tests..(don't think Mikie did either)..I am going by clinical symptom improvement, so whether the treatment works or not is my prime concern..which really a lot of research and diagnoses are based on...This testing can have false positives or negatives, so I did not want my limited means put into that area..

But, PatPalmer's daughter was tested positive for mycoplasma and others have been that demonstrated that OLE was effective for it...

My sugar cravings have diminished to great degree since I have been on the OLE..but I also, stay off of sugar..had hypoglycemia and insulin resistance which causes a rollercoaster ride on the blood sugar levels..I seem to be a lot more stabilized...

Hope you feel better soon...
  12. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

wow i cant believe it...that sounds wonderful..
    the glucose issue is a nightmare for me...the mood swings, the energy japper, and once again the mood swings...
    i cant wait to try it..
    maybe then i wont yell at my neice anymore
  13. donna13210

donna13210 Member

apparently just a string of bad luck.....

I've had this debilitating lower back pain for 3 days now. can't sit or walk or stand, It;s horrible! I am typing with one hand, it hurts worse typing with 2! Hospital gave me Vidone for pain, not doing much.

I do have 2 positive effects from OLE: sinus problems somewhat alleviated and 70% reduction of IBS symptoms. Hurray!

gotta go get into my reclining position, the only thing that helps my back. thank you all for responding!!