Possible good news about my job...: )

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Mar 17, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

My job wanted to know if there was anyway that they could change my mind about leaving. I told my boss that since one of the medical assistants I work with has been set in her ways for 4.5 years I didn't think anything couldbe done. She's been working with one of the docs that long.

Today I did let Human Resources know in writing and my boss in writing that I'd be willing to stay if I could work Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to 5:30 PM with a half hour lunch and stay until whenever the day ended. That way I could tolerate it, as I was tolerating 10.5 hour days four days straight previously. That way I recuperate on Fridays and actually can enjoy my weekends.

At the end of today, one of the docs involved discussed my decision with me & where I was going. I explained the above and reminded him that I have fibromyalgia. He is completely willing to have me stay with a four day week. I hope he discusses it with my boss and HR and we could come to an agreement. We discussed my concerns and he was very interested in doing whatever it seems to take to keep me. It made me feel very good. He's very happy with my work & does feel that I am too hard on myself, expecting to know the entire routine of this environment in a very short time. I told him of my concerns regarding needing retraining for pediatrics as I don't feel competent with pediatrics any longer because it has been soooo long since I've done it. He said that wouldn't be a problem. He said that they do have a specialty at women & childrens and I could get it there. He was very receptive, as was I. I admire him and the other doc I'm working with and would like to be able to make it work.

So, let's see what happens. Things do happen for a reason. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'll surely let all of you know. You're such a great support system. I wish I could stay on & answer some messages, but my wrists are so sore from typing this message. Thanks for listening.

dolsgirl
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Oh Dolsgirl, I'm so happy to hear this.I've been praying for things to work out for you. .I'll keep praying and you keep us posted .God Bless Danisue
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi dolsgirl~~Your post made me feel good. I am so happy that your hard work, honesty, and fortitude has paid off for you, and that things at your job may be turning around. It certainly sounds encouraging!

And, it must have felt GREAT to have this doctor recognize your quality of work, ask you to stay, and to want to work something out so you wouldn't leave. That says alot about how well thought of you are, how much they value your abilities, and recognize YOU.

That would certainly give my self-esteem a major boost!

Hope everything works out well for you, thanks for the uplifting post, and keep us informed on what happens. Blessings & Best Wishes, Carol...
  4. jordasta

jordasta New Member

That is great! I am so happy for you! It is so nice to have an employer that is willing to work with you and understands. Way to go!
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I know this whole discussion with the doctor isn't written in cement yet, but doesn't it make you feel good to feel so supported, to know your work is so greatly valued? I know you love your work, too, it just cannot continue to fatigue & pain you so much, so if a compromise could be achieved, what a benefit for everyone concerned....

I'm hopeful this all works out for you, dolsgirl, please let us know what happens!

Best of luck & I'm praying for a good outcome,
    Pam

6. pamela

pamela New Member

Finally someone that can be heard and appreciated. Congratulations on your success and job!! May the force be with you!!! Pammy
  7. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

but I still havent't heard anything from corporate. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. My husband has an interview tomorrow so cross your fingers that he gets it! Thanks for all your support. It means so much. dolsgirl
  8. Lendi

Lendi New Member

You should feel very proud of yourself no matter what the decision is. Good for you! Here's a few extra good luck vibes coming your way for your DH's interview, too. Good luck. Lendi