possible good news from my Dr (& a compliment)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Nov 25, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

My Dr read my CFSAC testimony. I gave it to him at my last appt, and he just sent me an email saying that he had read it, "and found it to be quite good and thought provoking". I wasn't sure if he would find the time to read it, so it was nice to hear this back from him.

He also thanked me for telling him about the XMRV discovery and said that he is looking into it further and might have a possible "nutriceutical and botanical antiviral protocol" for me to try. He did say that the "big drawback is expense", so I don't know if I will be able to try it, or not. I will find out more the next time I see him (in about a month), and I am also still hoping to get him to discuss Rich's protocol further.....anyway, if it turns out to be something that could help anyone here, I will tell you more when I know more.
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi AuntTammie,

That's great news! You got your doctors attention - that's remarkable. I hope you are able to do any treatment that you and your doctor feels best.

Have a wonderful holiday.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

That's wonderful you got your doctor's attention. Unfortunately all of us too often have to really educate our doctors.

I also hope you can afford what he's putting together and especially that it works if you try it. Please let us know what he ends up recommending, it would be interesting.

All the best,
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

He not only read it, but e-mailed you as well with positive comments - he is rare. I've given info to doctors and my general feeling is they never read it. I never hear anything back.

It will be interesting to see what he may suggest for you to try - do let us know!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Wouldn't that be something if he actually did come up
    with something new that would be a big help.

6. street129

street129 New Member

i wish that i had a dr. that would let me talk when i go into his office, and stop cutting me the h$$l off, they swear they know what you need.
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I appreciate all the positive responses....it's so nice to be able to share something good with all of you.....and I will certainly let you know what he has to say

like I said, it will be another month before I see him again, though
  8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

It's so good to have a doctor who is truly interested in you, isn't it? And encouraging to know he is going to try and put together a treatment plan for you that addresses the xmrv. I wish you the very best. Looking forward to seeing what your doctor and others will try to do for us.

9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Thanks for the well wishes....sending some to you, too : )

and yes, it is nice to have a decent Dr
  10. spacee

spacee Member

He read it and is thinking about some treatments that sound like they may not have bad side effects! Price is troubling for a lot of us. Hopefully you can afford the treatments!!

I an hoping the docs who are interested in viruses are going to be having many "aha" moments now that the XMRV info has been revealed and step up to help us.

11. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

& I hope you are rt about docs and "aha" moments