Possibly FM??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilbiscuit, Apr 23, 2006.

1. lilbiscuit

lilbiscuit New Member

I'm a 23 year old girl with a fairly healthy lifestyle. I'm posting here to see if anybody can help me identify what's been going on with me in the last 1.5 years.

Basically, I'll start to get a sore spot on my body. Usually it's just above the knee, sometimes under the knee, my forearm, arch of my foot.... it moves around, it's not always in the same place. Within 12 of the initial pain (almost always overnight) the pain gets EXCRUTIATING! If I'm sleeping it wakes me up, I can't move the part that hurts, when it's in a part of my legs I can't walk... Over the counter pain meds are not enough... I've been given T3s and Percs by a doctor and all those do is knock me out... most of the time this pain lasts 3 days.. when it's in my arm it only lasts from a couple of hours to a whole day..

I've been tested for gout, arthritis, everything I can think of including STDs which I knew I didn't have in the first place but the doctor really was trying to find out what was wrong... They think it has something to do with my tendons as the locations that hurt are always wear major tendons are. also, when the pain goes away the area feels loose for a few more days while it heals.. For example, when it's in my leg, my leg swings forward when walking without much control, it feels longer than the other leg..

I recently had it happen on Friday, my shin started to get sore... went to bed... was woken up in the morning by horrible pain to the front and right of my knee (not in the joint).. I was in tears and would have gone to the ER if I could have got there mself...

Sometimes it goes away for two months, but lately it's been happening almost weekly... I appreciate all replies! Thank you
  2. srh

srh New Member

So sorry you are having so much trouble. And so young.

FM can have many symtoms and start in many different ways. I doubt if anyone's started the same way, so you never know.

Mine started with leg and foot pain. Thought I had Lou Gehrigs or something.

Dix with RA and then FM not too long ago. But now can pinpoint back to when it all started.

According to research, FM is usually preceded by an accident or trauma of some kind. I had both, but symtoms started after the trauma.

Hopefully though, it is just tendons or ligaments that are in need of some help. Good luck and will pray that you don't have this.

Hugs....
  3. kalina

kalina New Member

Sounds like you need to see a different doctor if your current one is unable to find what's wrong.

If you need the name of a "fibro-friendly" doctor, you can find one by clicking on the "Doctors" link in the purple bar at the top of this page.

Good luck!

Kalina
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

it is a big long syndrome w/ many symptoms. Do you have other symptoms?

Jeanne