Post editting????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Oct 31, 2005.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I'm a little confused, I went back to read a thread from yesterday and my post was completely changed. Is this typical? I didn't curse to threaten mine or anyone else's life...i;m a bit perplexed.
  2. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

If there was information that might be 'identifying' of your self or family, they would be protecting you by removing it (e-mails, personal web pages), and if you referred to web pages that were for products or services for sale (even if they also had info), then they would remove it for the safety of all, as they are unable to verify the validity of every claimed treatment or cure.

Not knowing what you had posted, it's hard to say. But don't worry. It is often something simple. The point of this forum is for us FM/CFS sufferers to find a welcoming, inviting community to share treatment ideas, and to support and share with fellow sufferers. Yes, a post may be removed if it threatened or made fun of another poster- or even an idea. But it would also be removed if it was otherwise deemed to not present an "inviting" atmosphere for all posters. Keeping in mind the diversity of all who post here; occasionally what seems the simplest thing to one, may be very sensitive and touchy to another.

I'm sure you didn't intentionally do anything, and obviously, the administrators or the moderators didn't feel it was done intentionally, whatever it was, or they'd have deleted the entire post, and have contacted you.

I've had it done to more than one of my posts, and it is usually a situation that makes me rethink the audience as not just being the person I may have been posting to, but also the many, many, MANY more people who pop in, looking for answers or a cohesive web of support.

Hang in there,
    Lollie
  3. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Thanks Lollie,
    That might have been it...i think i mentioned something specific about a family member. i didn't realize how protective they are of our anonimity, but i'm glad they are. not that i fear any of you, heehee, but i have shared some personal stuff on here that i don't even tell my closest friends.

Thanks again,
    GoAskAlice