post exert malaise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by firefighter01, Jan 7, 2007.

1. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

I am new to all of this and looking for someone to describe the post exertional malaise. Is it an increase in the severity of symptoms or are other symptoms involved?
  2. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Generally, it is an overwhelming, debilitating flu-like feeling that you feel following any physical, emotional, or mental activity that may last for days or weeks. Often this starts several hours or the next day following the activity. The only way to get back to "normal" is to REST, REST.

Normal is the usual crappy symptoms that you have almost all of the time with CFS. How about a bio? Welcome to the board. Marie
  3. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

does it involve fever and body aches. etc etc..
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I think Springrose described it pretty well. Yes it can involve fever, swollen/tender lymph nodes, body aches, sore throat, etc.

Have you been dx with CFS or do you think youe might have it?

Shar
  5. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

my gp seems to think I have it, but said he won't give me a dx until the 6 month point. tested for everything under the moon. he said he wanted to do some test that might confirm his idea. i don't remember what it is though. right now i am just trying to figu
  6. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

my gp seems to think I have it, but said he won't give me a dx until the 6 month point. tested for everything under the moon. he said he wanted to do some test that might confirm his idea. i don't remember what it is though. right now i am just trying to figu
  7. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

figure out what cfs is and what i can do to feel better.
  8. firefighter01

firefighter01 New Member

i had no idea what this was and so many people don't. i see all of your post on here and i am sorry for everything you guys go through. my doc thinks i have it and it is frightening, but with so many people afflicted there will be an effective treatment in the future. WE JUST GOTTA STAY POSITIVE!!! i am new and i hope i can get to know everyone and we can help each other with our experiences.
  9. Catseye

Catseye Member

You may want to look at mitochondria. The are the "cell engines" that make the basic energy in our body. Many of us have had luck giving them the things they need to function like coq10, magnesium, carnitine, ribose and nadh. Search for the article "Heart Disease Secondary to Mitochondrial Malfunction". You don't have to have a bad heart to be helped by this. It got me out of bed in 2 days.
    I take my mito fuel everyday and I can function a good bit more than before.

I would describe it as a deep-seated exhaustion-like feeling centered in my chest. Any activity makes it worse and I can't move when it's bad. It feels like I'm starving for something and don't know what it is. Whatever I do takes away from what the "engines" are able to supply, and they can't replenish fast enough for me to do what I want; it can take days, weeks or months for them to "catch up", depending on what I did.

After awhile, you'll figure out what your body needs. Then you can supply it and it will replenish reserves and begin to heal.

good luck

karen