post gallbladder removal now stones releasing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruby711, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

In rare instances stones can drop down after gallbladder removal. It's been a year since my surgery and I recently passed 100's of stones. I felt great until now. I feel there are more stones there and I am having symptoms of gallbladder disease. Has anyone had this before. I will go to my doc but I am just wondering how long this can happen and what is done for it.
    I did not have stones in my gallbladder when it was removed but I know stones can be in liver and in ducts.
    ruby
  2. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

my removal was in 2002. this past year ive also had similar pains mostly burning,pain and some bloating.
    My first episode was during a bout of the stomach flu...which isnt normally part of the flu itself. I didnt understand cuz my gallbladder is gone! Then i continued to feel a burning sensation for 2 weeks after...just mild.

I dont know if its just acid or what...but ya i get this too. Dont know what to do and hope it doesnt continue.
  3. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Thanks for your response. My doctor said it was not stones that I passed. Not sure what it was but since I am on vitalzyme it could be a result of that.
    I feel better than I did this weekend and can finally eat food. I think if I had had stones in my gallbladder it could have been stones but I didn't have any.
    ruby
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Had my gallbladder removed 1.5 years ago and still get symptoms, still have to be careful of what I eat. This does happen to some people and its unexplained.

Rosie
  5. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Had my gall bladder out yrs ago and have had no proplems . However a friend who also had gallbladder surgery yrs ago formed an gall stone and had to have it removed.

I had never heard of such a thing . But I was there when the doctor came in with the results. Her mother in law had passed away and the viewing was at the same time she was there in the emergency room so I stayed with her in place of her family.

His exact words were " you have a gallstone and we will have to go in after it". They did, it was there and after removal she has been fine since. That was about 3 yrs ago.

Good luck and hope you are well soon.

Wren
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Never had any problems after mine was removed.

I do know that lecithin will break them up if they are fat based stones. Unfortunately I figured this out too late!

Take care