Post If You Live In Arizona

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jillian40, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello ALL -

I'm here in Phoenix. Born and raised here. Somewhat new to
    the boards. Would love to know who else lives in our beautiful state of Arizona, and also those specifically here in Phoenix.

I heard from 2 others on my "Hello to Carol in Tucson" POST.
    Do any of you know of any support group here in the Valley? Such as one specifically for Fibromyalgia or a support group run by a counselor for folks with disabling illnesses? I am beginning to consider, once again, the possibility of doing Foster/Adopt care of a child. I'm single, and need feedback, advice so as not to overextend myself. Am trying to evaluate if this is the time to do it, now that I'm on an upswing.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from and "meeting" my Arizona neighbors. For now, this "virtual" support group is enough. It's a very good thing.

All The Best, ............ Jillian
  2. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello ALL -

I'm here in Phoenix. Born and raised here. Somewhat new to
    the boards. Would love to know who else lives in our beautiful state of Arizona, and also those specifically here in Phoenix.

I heard from 2 others on my "Hello to Carol in Tucson" POST.
    Do any of you know of any support group here in the Valley? Such as one specifically for Fibromyalgia or a support group run by a counselor for folks with disabling illnesses? I am beginning to consider, once again, the possibility of doing Foster/Adopt care of a child. I'm single, and need feedback, advice so as not to overextend myself. Am trying to evaluate if this is the time to do it, now that I'm on an upswing.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from and "meeting" my Arizona neighbors. For now, this "virtual" support group is enough. It's a very good thing.

All The Best, ............ Jillian
  3. herblady

herblady New Member

i know this isn't quite what you're looking for but i used to live in az. sierra vista, cochise county. i loved it there, i didn't want to move. cindi
  4. SharonR

SharonR New Member

The only place I have ever been that I did not want to leave. When the plane was still on the tarmac the flight attendent asked for a volunteer to give up their seat in exchange for a free flight anywhere and 1 nights lodging for free. Everyone on the plane raised their hands!!
    Tapitio Cliffs in Paradise Valley is as close to heaven as it gets.
    There is just something magic about that area. Went out last Dec and almost froze, what a shocker. But it still does not diminish the beauty.
    You are truly in an amazing area, so much energy!!!
    Welcome.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  5. Karrot

Karrot New Member

So strange! I live in Sierra Vista! Actually I live on Ft Huachuca. But anyway, Jillian, I live in AZ. South of Tucson so I'm a ways a way from you. I completely agree with Sharon - Phoenix has so much energy. I would love to live up there. I'm such a city person and I love love love Phoenix. I would love to meet any fellow Arizonians and/or attend any support groups offered.

Best back atcha!
    Karrot
  6. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Welcome, neighbor! I live in NW Phx, in Peoria(not ILL!). My rheumatologist comes thru my HMO which does a decent job. I just told my p.c. I wanted a different rheumie, not someone who rushes in and out of the office in record time! It's a long search isn't it? Maybe we Arizonans are the way we are because of too much dust blowing in one ear and out the other. Got to be some reason for our strange behaviour. Adios, Al