post menopausal bleeding

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by segrin, Jan 26, 2006.

1. segrin

segrin New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone have or ever had post menopausal bleeding? If so how many peroids is normal or average. I know going to the Dr is suggested but I can not afford to and to take HRTs etc. I was wondering how long to expect them to last. I have been without a peroid for 2 years and I have read that in some women a surge in hormones is the cause if you are not taking any HRTs etc and a peroid is normal. I first got the sore breast symptoms and pain and thought it was to many hot showers and drying of skin. Then to my surprise blood a few days later.

So again how long is normal/average for post menopause bleeding?

Thanks
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

If you haven't had a period for two years and have started bleeding YOU MUST SEE THE DOCTOR. I understand you cannot afford to go to the doctor but YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO !!
    I work in the medical field and believe me, it is better to go and have the doctor tell you everything is just fine than to not go and regret it. PLEASE GO !!
  3. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

You are absolutely right that everyone is different and you are also right that HRT can cause cancer, HOWEVER, post menopausal bleeding can also BE A SIGN OF CANCER. Wouldn't it be much better to go to the doctor and if it is absolutely nothing how wonderful for segrin. But if she would delay going to the doctor and it was something more serious she would be jeopardizing her life expectancy. It is just so much better to be safe than sorry. Again, I cannot say this enough or loud enough..........PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR !!!
  4. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Try to go to a local woman's clinic that often has reduced
    fees if you are unable to pay a hefty fee. I am sure some
    clinics will make special arrangemnets for you if you ASK.

It could be just a surge of hormones but you don't know that.
    Only a doctor can determine this. For peace of mind it
    is worth going. Postmennopausal bleeding is nothing to ignore.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One doesn't necessarily go from having periods to not having them smoothly. I would go a long time without one and then have one out of the blue.

I take Estradiol and medroxyprogesterone and they are not expensive. If I do not take them, I have heart palpitations and feel hot all the time but do not have hot flashes.

I hope you can get past this phase. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I skip a month. I use progesterone cream. I bleed very heavy for 2 or 3 days and then lighter for a couple more. I get bad lower back pain just before my period comes. I have been skipping a month for about 9 months now.

I'm starting to use the progesterone cream for 21 days instead of 14 and I use cloth pads only (big helper). The cream helps me very much, back ache not so bad and bleeding is not as heavy when I use my cream and cloth pads-I've tried it both ways with and without use off the cream. I've used the cream off and on for about 4 years. At first it took about 3 months of use before it helped with cramps and decreasing my heavy heavy blood flow.

I don't put the cream on my breasts ever. I like Natural Progesterone Cream by source Naturals. 500 mg of progesterone per ounce and 22 mg per 1/4 teaspoon.

I've been checked out and everything is ok.
    I'm dealing with estrogen dominant symptoms. Love my cream.

I don't hot flash any more but I did for about 5 years before I started skipping periods and before I used the progesterone cream.

I'm going to be switching to Pro-Health's Progesterone Cream soon as it is the same ingredients as the cream I use now.

Hope that helps you,
    Dee50 I'm 50 years old.