Post nasal drip and shortness of breath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Nov 15, 2006.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

anyone get this??? it is so scary and debilitating! any advice, please help. i've taken claritin and am trying to take anti-fungal teas and remedies.
  2. TKE

TKE New Member

Post nasal drip can cause the bronchial tubes to get irritated, causing shortness of breath/coughing/asthma attack. It is scary until you learn how to control it or shut it down quickly.

I get his spring & fall. I am allergic to fresh mowed grass & humidity of all things. When the humidity changes allot up or down, or more than 1 person is mowing grass in my neighborhood, I start to get stuffed up & then the coughing starts & next is the wheezing & shortness of breath. I have to use an inhaler to shut it down. Of course the docs would like me to use Allergy/asthma meds year around, but I don't need it so I refuse to put meds into my body I don't need all the time. I have also use Vicks VaporRub instead. I just grab the jar & hold it under my nose & breath it in for 10-20 minutes until the wheezing stops.

Pay close attention to things that might have triggered your attack when this hits you. Ty to figure out what triggered it & avoid those things if possible. Triggers can be enviromental, food, smells, etc.