post op.. tape blisters?? OUCH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI - I have tape all over the incision line (of my stomach operation) and I have said, below the line, it feels like someone is rubbing sandpaper over it. It burns and hurts and I am miserable right now.

Supposed to keep the tape on till Monday, but I just peaked under the tape and OMG... red round blister looking things, it hurts soooo bad now that I have torn some of the tape back. I cannot have the tape back on there, but now it is exposed and I do not know how to "gently" cover it back up, so it stops burning.

Any advice?
    Hugs
    Kim

What can I put on this???
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

I am allergic to tape. They use paper tape and hydrocortisone cream on the red areas.
    Cath
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

wow - never had an allergy to any other tape, but now that you mention it, it looks like that clear shipping tape with the lines thru it (threads of string I would guess, to make it stronger) It is like no other medical tape I have seen.

It hurts... I guess I will call him in the morning.
    and deal with it tonight..Thanks for the advice
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. jesuslovesu

jesuslovesu New Member

hi kimba
    i had the same problem when i had an open choly and i had to use the tape that was almost like paper not very sticky but it was better than the sores. most of the time if i wasn't moving around i would just put a huge piece of gauze over the incision w/o tape. i hope you feel better soon.
    susie
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

thank you, I will try that to get thru the night. So stranghe that I have never had this before, but you never know with me, what will come up next.
    Hugs
    Kim
  6. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Ouch I know how that feels I am super allergic to pretty much any tape and plaster and get massive blisters from them. Needless to say when they or I in desperation remove them they burst. I had them under my breast from the heart monitor pads. They used an antibiotic ointment and guaze over them. For the incision it depends how long ago you had surgery and where the incision is. Generally you can safely leave the wound opened if it it dry and in a place where it wont get bashed. You can dress it in the evenings when you go to bed. Leaving it opened will help the blisters to heal.