Post Surgery

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by j9miller, Aug 1, 2002.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Praise the Lord, I am home!!!

I had my outpatient surgery today and WOW am I in tremendous pain. Every muscle in my body is killing me. I am sure it is the general anesthesia trying to exit my body but it certainly is taking forever.
    My throat is also killing me. I have never suffered like this after surgery. I think the anesthesiologist was not the best around. He was very quiet and said almost nothing to me before or after. I think when he intubated me he just shoved the tube down and then yanked it back out later. Even the roof of my mouth is raw.
    Anyway, the surgery itself isn't what is hurting, it's the recovery from the anesthesia and of course a possible FM flare coming on.
    But the positive is what I keep trying to focus on. The dr said the D&C went well. He did find polyps and I will have to wait for pathology reports in 2 weeks. But God is awesome and I am home with my family. Thank you to EVERYONE of you. Your thoughts and prayers were felt and they were answered. I came through well and am sure by the time I have my appointment with the dr I will feel better. I accept that it takes time ... I don't like it but I accept it. :)
    Again, thanks for the shared faith.

Janine
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I thank the Lord with you that the surgery went well. I am sorry you are in so much pain and discomfort though. I pray you will soon be feeling better and your results will be good. Take care and I pray God will strengthen and uplift you. Thanks for letting us know.

Love,
    Harmony
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Am so glad you are home again, and will continue to pray for your discomfort, and your test results. Also that that Flare will pass you by this time! You have enough to deal with right now.

I am sorry I have been off the board for two days, my husband was cleaning the computer out for me. It took two days to get it all done.

I just saw your post, and hope you are feeling better by now.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Janine, I would like to appologise for not acknowledging your prayer request until today. I, myself, have been quite ill. But, I want you to know that I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Praise God that your surgery came out okay. Blessings, Deena