Post-traumatic FMS -- Car accident

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lady-in-Red, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Lady-in-Red

Lady-in-Red New Member

Hello -- Need to hear from anyone who has FMS as result of car accident AND are receiving or used to receive medical coverage from auto insurance. PLEASE.
  2. yesnettv

yesnettv New Member

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It might help to know what specific information you are looking for. Are you asking about coverages provided on policies, like "medical payments coverage", or "uninsured motorist coverage".

4. Koala8_1

Koala8_1 New Member

Hi, I had an accident in 99 which flipped me into FMS and MPS. I was diagnosed by several doctors. Auto Insurance paid for 7 years and then found a dr to say there is nothing wrong with me. I am now trying to find a lawyer I can afford to help me fight to get my medical benefits back. I require massage therapy 2X's a week and it is getting very expensive for us to handle. I don't understand how they could pay for this for 7 years and then all of a sudden I don't and have never had this. I had another dr of theirs tell me in 2002 that I did have it. They don't mind taking your money for premiums but when it comes time to pay they are stingy!

I am looking for a dr to help me. My internist believes in what i have but not that it was caused by the car accident. So he is of no help in fighting the insurance company or helping me with disability. I have had to stop working in may. I am in Michigan, where are you from?

Hope this lets you know you aren't the only one. Take care.
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

6. SueSnyder

SueSnyder New Member

I got rear-ended by a drunk in '93, neck/upper back soft tissue injuries (whiplash), used up my PIP fairly quickly from my auto insurance, then used my health insurance. Eventually settled for a pittance from the drunk's insurance company because I couldn't take any more hassle.

Nowadays MOST health insurance companies include a clause that says that IF you receive a settlement or reimbursement after a MVA, you have to pay back the health insurance for what they paid (up to the limit of what you receive as a settlement, of course).

What's going on? If your health insurance company is refusing to cover you simply because you were injured in a MVA, I believe it might be worth calling the attorney general's office in your state.