Post-Valcyte Relapse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mary01, Jan 30, 2012.

1. mary01

mary01 New Member

Hi. I was on Valcyte from March through mid-December with some lowering of my viral levels (and NO cold sores the whole time). Since going off the Valcyte, I am starting to get cold sores again, my viral levels are up and I don't feel as well. I'm interested in hearing other's post-Valcyte experiences. Thanks.
    Mary in CT
  2. wacquiebob

wacquiebob New Member

I was on Valcyte for 6 months. Initially I felt better in terms of fatigue, brain fog and pain. I also had much less hair loss. Since that time the overall pain has been reduced somewhat that I don't have to cry every day but I still have pain. My headache is just as bad as it was before and same with the brain fog. My hair also started falling out again.
  3. sascha

sascha Member

it is not the answer to life, the universe, and everything. it did help me with brain fog and ability to recover following exertion. many symptoms remained that i cycled through. i keep looking for answers.

right now i'm finding coconut oil helpful. it's a natural anti-viral. i'm taking it internally (cooking with it; adding it to decaf) and applying it to skin along with magnesium oil.

(i'm going to try grape seed! i have a very weak voice; dystonia, actually affecting speech. thanks for suggestion, jaminhealth!)

the coc oil is helping heal cold sores i always have at corners of my mouth, it seems. i can't even see them, but they're there- now seem much less. sascha