Posted another

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, May 26, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well Elaine et al,

Bye the way, in case you can't find me I am the one on the left (-: !!

The is just a copy and not a very good one at that. You ccnnot see my face (that is OK) very well but you can see that I am dancing with one of our other dancers "Pat". This was probably a year or two ago. Our smsll singing group has three dancers, one of them is myself. However, we haven't done alot of that lately since we have no teacher or dance studio presently. You woulldn't believe how old Pat is. I think she is in her 80's.

Maybe one of these days we will try and learn another one that we have on video tape. Our ohter dancer, Norma, was out of town someplace that day. Trying to get together with the other two gals is not an easy task. They are worse than I in always going someplace !!

At least you can see that we did dance. At ourn ext program i June we will dance if both of the other girls are ot going someplace.

If I can find a small pic of our group I will send it later on. We go to some ladies groups etc. mbt mostly Sr, living residences and nursing homes.

Hugs to everyone,

[This Message was Edited on 05/26/2008]
  2. poets

poets Member

You both look great! I'd give anything to have that shape!!I haven't been shaped that nice since I was in my thirties. Great picture. I'll post mine as soon as I get another camera. Mine is broken. Wonder why? ;o) I'm not very photogenic anyway.

3. Granniluvsu

I appreciate your kindness. However since this pic I know I have gained some weight, not alot but in the wrong places of course and my pants don't fit unless I have some elastic in them (-: ! . The tights I am wearing and leotard top is slimming too.

Would love to see your pic too.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I thought you and I were supposed to be the same age. No way! You look at least 30 years younger.

By the way, just read a novel called "Step-Ball-Change". Very timely, huh?

5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Look at your legs! They go on for miles! You have a very nice shape. It doesn't matter that it was taken a few years ago--you still look MAH-VELOUS!

It's wonderful that you dance for others. I am sure they all appreciate the time you take to share your talent. It looks like you have fun doing it, too!
  6. Granniluvsu

Thanks again for your kind words.

Rock - Is that book you read about dancing or what? It surely sounds like it. Hope you and Gordon are having a great Memorial Day today.

TwinMa - to tell the truth my legs are the shortest part of me and I am only 5'5" tall and as I mentioned in my jeans post with most of my length is in my stride. Black is very slimming and those leotards do a great service (-:! Also I have gained a bit of weight (not shown in the picture - since this pic was taken) in my tights, tummy, butt and waist area. Part of that is the lack of dancing I have been doing since our studio closed down and less activity.

Sometimes I can wear short or petite pants or jeans. I have a weird figure !!!

Hope you are having a great day today. I'll be watching for a pic of you besides the one on your bio which only shows you sitting down. That's no fair (-: !!

More hugs,

7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

caught this on the other look amazing, not like a wee granny at all, you're tall and slim.

Funny how you get a picture of someone in your mind and they are not like that at all.

Thanks for sharing.

8. Granniluvsu

You are quite welcome. Actually I am only 5'5" tall which isn't that tall at all. I posted this cause a couple of the others had asked me to. Now I have to try and find a pic of my small singing group. I couldn't get a pic of our large choral society - way to many people in it.

Thanks for your sweet compliments.

9. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

You could hang with Cher, and Tina.....When I first saw your name, I thought of my great grandmother, Old Granny, she sat in her rocking chair and had her spitoon next to her.

She was OLD, so old in fact that my older brother told me that she might die in her sleep....yes he was being rotton....we were maybe 5 and 7, but I was the one that slept with her when we visited her. She lived into her late 90's and passed peacefully in her sleep. (I was not with her)lol.

Now that I am off subject, you look nothing like her.

Love the pic,

10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember Goody, Goody. One of those silly, cheerful songs like _______________(insert name of another silly, cheerful song).

The book I mentioned is a novel by Jeanne Ray. She is an RN; started writing when she was 60. The book club is reading another of her books this month. In Step-Ball-Change the main character and her sister run a dance school.

The author's daughter is Ann Patchett, also a novalist.

The writing bug runs in the family.

11. Granniluvsu

Some of the other songs that we have danced to are not as old as that one but some are. We have danced to Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, In the Mood, Rock Around the Clock, Bridge Over the River Quai - ugh now I am drawing a blank. I really miss the weekely practice and so does my body. I think I am slo getting lazier or should I say more tired !!

Ugh !! MY age is catching up.

BTW, I have another thread that zi stared along with this pic, if anyuoje is interested. For some reason everyone is answering this one but that's OK, no problem !!

Thanks agaii for your feedback and sweet remarks.

Elaine -I am not a pro yet maybe after a few more times(-:!
  12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I missed his picture. I'll check back tomorrow and see if you put that one back on.

P.S. I think we should rename you "Legs".

[This Message was Edited on 05/27/2008]
  13. Granniluvsu

From a distance they look really good don't they (my legs)? Trust me they are also not that long. I can also sometimes wear petites in pants. My stride is the longest part of me and that is why I have problems with clothes and tops staying inside my pants or whatever.

My mom had to sew clothes for me all the time . You can never tell now anywhere about sizes of pants or jeans - you all know girls. You have to try onn a pile of them and maybe if you are lucky you can find a pair that fits.

Yeah - I like the thread on jeans by Mustlovedogs !!!

I will be gone till late thursday and will be busy friday so may not be on for a while. So I won't be posting for awhile kiddos.

14. Granniluvsu

I am sorry but I am not 47 I am 48 !!! Don't I wish ??? (-: !!