Posted this on the chit-chat board too

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeavenlyRN, May 30, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I would have put it on the disability board but it doesn't get much traffic.

I've been out of work since December 23rd, initially due to back and leg pain, then ended up having surgery for a kidney problem. My prior job was as a hospice nurse, visiting patients in several different nursing homes. Lots of walking, hauling paperwork and a computer with me. Sitting, standing, walking, driving, etc.

When I saw my MD on May 17th, he decided o keep me out of work for another 2 months. However, I also saw the NP at my rheumy's office around the same time and she made some med changes. Now I am beginning to feel better and wonder if I could go back to work - this time as an office worker. In other words, a desk job.

I was looking at the job postings on my employer's website and found a job that looks promising.

However, my employer won't "interview" me for another job until I have been cleared by my MD. BUT, if my MD clears me to go back to work - even at a desk job - my disability insurance will stop. THEN, what happens if they don't hire me for that one job that looks promising? I'd have to go through the disability paperwork h*ll again.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

you have golden handcuffs...

but seriously, just read your post on Loungers... feeling like you do today, would you be going to work today if you were working, even tho it's a desk job?