Posting in all "caps"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teach6, Dec 22, 2002.

1. teach6

teach6 New Member

I realize that some of the people posting here have trouble using the shift key and therefore prefer to type either in all lower case or all upper case (capital) letters. However for others of us it is very difficult to read posts written in all caps.

I would like to request that posters, if at all possible, use all lower case letters rather than all caps.

Thanks. My eyes will greatly appreciate it.

Barbara
  2. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Sorry, guess it was easier for me to read, have vision problems. Didn't consider others ! Thanks for the info, some of us need checking up on...I always blame everything on age. 1maqt
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have had people in the past with vision problems who must type all in caps in order to see what they are typing. I suggest that for everyone else, we stick to the upper/lower traditional format.

If you must use all caps, try to use a lot of paragraph breaks as it is extremely difficult to read these posts, especially if they are lengthy.

Hope this compromise helps accommodate all of us here.

Love, Mikie
  4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

good to know i wasn't the only one having trouble reading the all caps!
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I don't have an eye problem, but it just takes me a little longer to read in all caps. Spacing would help.

Everyone have a great holiday season.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I just wanted to say thanks to all for understanding. I am already noticing some people changing their ways. I really appreciate it.

Barbara
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I can't read all caps either. I don't know if its from FM or my dyslexia. Nobody needs to type all caps in order to see what they're typing. What anyone can do is go to the top of their screen, click on "view" and then "text size". This option allows us to make the text bigger or smaller on our computer so that we can see every site easier.

Marilyn :)
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What would we do without you, my Techie Friend. Thanks again for coming to our rescue.

Love, Mikie
  9. amilyne

amilyne New Member

bumped.....
  10. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I was thinking the people typing all caps were angry and were yelling at others, since that is the usual interpretation. I'm glad I read this so I know it is just their eye problems. Boy, do I feel sheepish....baaa!
    Klutzo
  11. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Jelly and Debra. I just tried it and my text got SO HUGE that II have to sit back from the monitor, plus the screen scrolls to the side now. I use Netscape...I go try this with IE and see what happens, but all the text should enlarge, not just some.

12. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Just came back from using IE, that LOSER browser! LOL! You're right, just some of the text gets bigger in IE, so I would suggest anyone that has trouble seeing the text on this site to use Netscape.