posting replies and loss of short-term memory ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sb439, Oct 13, 2002.

1. sb439

sb439 New Member

I'm sure you've all figured this out already, but I only did just now:
    When I want to reply to a reply to some thread here on the board, by the time I start the reply, my lack of short-term memory has made me forget most of the post I wanted reply to, as only the first post of a thread ever shows.
    So I now split my screen into halfs, and do the reply on one half, and can look at the post I want to reply to on the other half - works easily.
    Well, just thought I share this with you ...
    Susanne
  2. sb439

sb439 New Member

I'm sure you've all figured this out already, but I only did just now:
    When I want to reply to a reply to some thread here on the board, by the time I start the reply, my lack of short-term memory has made me forget most of the post I wanted reply to, as only the first post of a thread ever shows.
    So I now split my screen into halfs, and do the reply on one half, and can look at the post I want to reply to on the other half - works easily.
    Well, just thought I share this with you ...
    Susanne
  3. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I do that ALL the time!!

Please explain how you can split your screen. You will have Made My Day Sweetie!

Gentleness
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

... sorry, yes I should have explained, it's easier to do than explain. here goes:

I open Internet Explorer (or Netscape, or whatever you use) as usual. Then I click on the icon on the top right corner that has two little overlapping rectangles. Then I shape and move the resulting SMALL window so that it is half of the screen (I do it vertically half) and move it to the left (or right). Then I open Internet Explorer (or Netscape, etc.) AGAIN, and do the same thing again, only that this time I move the small, half-screen-size window to the right (or left, depending). You still have to log in only once to the message board, it shows automatically on the other half also as logged in.

If you can't open your Internet Explorer (Netscape, etc.) for the second, because your first half is on top of the icon, minimize the first half (click on the icon with the little horizontal line, at the upper right corner), and then get it back up to half size after having sorted the second half-screen-sized window.

Hmmm - I hope this makes some sense ...
    Susanne
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have AOL and something tells me it doesn't work the same way. In fact I just tried it and only got the same screen, again, but when I tired to drag it there was nothing under it.

Anyone with AOL know if this works? I'm about to change ISP's because I'm tired of everything running backwards from the rest of the world. I thought I got rid of that when I got a PC instead of a Mac, but I still have the curse of AOL.

Barbara
  6. sean

sean New Member

Interesting, I knew all this but, I would of thought that when you re-open internet explorer and netscape navigator again, you would have to log on again.
  7. sb439

sb439 New Member

Thanks Lois, just tried this, works clearly faster than my suggestion.
    Susanne