Postive ana of 1:640

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lizzey627, Sep 7, 2006.

1. lizzey627

lizzey627 New Member

I 've been trying to find out whats wrong with for a while now
    and they say chronic fatigue with chronic pain but I have a postive ana test of 1:640 has any one else had that?
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Please go above on the left and type in the search box POSITIVE ANA by Title...It will bring you to several threads and posts that have been discussed recently...

It seems several of us have a positive ANA...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

This last test showed 1:160. Apparently, summer 2005 showed 1:320. (Just found out about that one when my doc mentioned it the other day). My doc says "I don't know that it means anything."

Now why on earth bother to run the test if you're just going to shrug your shoulders when it comes back positive???

He's ran a lot more tests. I go back next week. Also have an appointment with a neurologist and rheumatologist within the next couple of weeks. If I find out anything, I'll let everyone know. Waiting to get a diagnosis!!!

TERRY
  4. pamj

pamj New Member

Hi Lizzey,

Yes, my ana has been 1:640 since I got sick 5 years ago. We've done very thorough testing in the beginning, and then again last fall.

The docs did question Lupus due to other lab results in addition to the ANA... but they continue to rule out all other autoimmune diseases, and all agree to it being CFIDS.

It is certainly a result that many of us have with CFIDS and/or FM... which sounds like what your docs are looking at. Did the doc actually say "chronic fatigue syndrome"? Did they mention fibromyalgia, or check the tender points? Let us know more about your diagnosis, and whether your docs seem to understand what you're dealing with.

I'm glad you found this board! Tell us more about yourself :)

Pam
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I think it might have been only up to 1:160 though. I don't think it has been as high as yours. My RA is positive during flares too along with sed rate elevation and EBV virus.

GBHope
  6. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

your ana should be 7.5 and mine was 15 ? once again the doc didnt seem to be concerned, they seem to think it wasnt alarming. its double !!!!!!!!!!!! hello
    your figures seem different than mine 1:640 ??? good luck
  7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

My bloodwork has shown + ANA off and on for at least the past 3 years. My doc told me it could be non-specific auto ammune disorder and he also mentioned that a lot of us with FMS show + ANA. He wants to continue to check on it. They have ruled out lupus. I have FMS/CFIDS and endometrios.