Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat100, Jun 14, 2003.

1. kat100

kat100 New Member

Hi! I am new here. I have been researching on the internet, trying to find what is wrong with me. I have been to various doctors and have been getting nowhere really. While researching I came across your messageboard. It looks like a great place. Anyway, I think I may be on to something as to what is wrong with me. I seem to have a lot of symptoms of CFS, but not all. Also, I have some different symptoms that CFS patients do not have. Sorry for rambling. I came across a disorder that sounds so much like what I have and am going to look into it. It is related to CFS (now I am getting to the point of my post!) and I thought some of you might find it interesting. It is called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.

Hope this helps someone!

(Edited to remove url)[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2003]
  2. kat100

kat100 New Member

planegirl2,

That is very interesting about the study. Thank you for sharing that information. I will think about participating. It is good to know they are actively working on finding a better way to treat this problem.

3. kat100

kat100 New Member

Cindy,

Hi! Thank you for the welcome. Welcome to you, too! I was so excited to come across the information on Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. I have been feeling so confused as to what is going on with me. I at least have some direction now. I hope the information helps you. I will be looking into this site's search engine now!
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

..is one of the symptoms attributable to the weak adrenals we have. It responds well to drinking plenty of water with a little salt in it, and taking supplements to boost the adrenals like B complex and extra vitamin B5, vitamin C, DHEA or pregnenolone and glandular extract. In extreme cases, a short term of Cortef may be needed. Of course, children should not take DHEA.
    Klutzo
  5. kat100

kat100 New Member

LayingLow,

I am sorry you are all having to deal with these things. I am glad you were each at least able to receive a correct diagnosis, hopefully that helps a little. I have most of the symptoms you listed, but until I am diagnosed I still wonder if I have really found what is wrong with me. Thank you for sharing your experience.
  6. kat100

kat100 New Member

klutzo,

Thank you so much for this information. I find it very helpful!