Potatoes and Tomatoes increase pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ahorsesoul, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

Does anyone else find they have more pain when they eat potatoes or tomatoes? I find my joints and muscles seem to be in more pain the day after a dinner of spaghetti or baked potatoes.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The pasta and potatoes will spike your insulin and many do suffer more pain from insulin spikes.

There may also be some food allergies involved. Avoid these things. Are you taking probiotics? They are very important to a healthy gut. Without a healthy gut, we cannot be healthy. Digestive enzymes also help.

Love, Mikie
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

I have a wheat allergy and have started a gluten free diet. Grow my own veggies. I use Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta. I certainly have found, once going gluten free, I feel much better.
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

are part of the nightshade family. I wonder if you could have a food allergy to anything in the nightshade group? I know there are other vegetables that are part of the nightshade group but I can't remember what they are. I have a lot of food allergies/sensitivities but mostly it affects my IBS. The weather change really makes the FM worse for me. I woke up today to rain, after very high temperatures, and could barely get out of bed.

Dara
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I do know that I had to quit eating thoes food's along with a Lot of other's, because they made me so sick, I would Toss my Cookies.
    Sure do miss the French Fries tho.
    Also can't eat meat, only chicken, and lately, it's been bothering me too.

I have IBS/GERD/FMS/CMPD, and these conditions make it difficult for me to Enjoy Food these day's.

Hope you find what's causing your Pain. I kept a Journal, and wrote down how the different Food's the one that bothered me, and what I cut out of ,my Diet all togeather.
    Sincerely,
    sharon
  6. Jen F

Jen F New Member

...including tomato and potato

due to food sensitivities.

When I had excema, those 2 foods would make the excema worse.

Now I have 2 reasons to avoid potatos, sensitivity and carb.

I also try to eat low gluten, have not successfully altered to 100% gluten free diet, tho I very rarely eat wheat these days.

If tomato and potato increase inflammn at your joints, i would think you have a nightshade sensitivity as well.

You might also want to avoid green and red peppers, or at least watch for any problems after you eat those as well.

Jen F
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I think this is all of them:

Eggplants
    Peppers(all kinds, including Sweet peppers(Bell Pepper)
    Tomatoes
    Potatoes (I don't think the red potato is included)

I can eat the red potatoes, but not the white potato. But forgot why??

Shalom, Shirl