power of prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by maryc1967, Mar 18, 2004.

1. maryc1967

maryc1967 New Member

Hi
    I have posted on the fibro board severals times but it is my first visit here!
    I have some wonderful news to share with all of you. I was so depressed and at my wits end I was in so much pain and didn't know where to turn. I checked my messages on my answering machine and a local pastor had called to tell me they were having a revival at his church so on Monday night I went. It was wonderful hearing Gods word again. Since I was dx I quit going anywhere. At the end of the service they had an alter call. I felt since I hadn't gave God any time I didn't deserve any of his time (keep in mind I was VERY depressed). I opened my eyes from prayer and the pastor looked at me and asked me to come forword.
    I did and the visiting pastor and the local pastor prayed with me for a long time and when I got up to go to my seat I felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. Now I know that the Lord is with me , helping me all the time. I am never alone. I had never been alone I just needed a reminder that He is always there NO MATTER WHAT.
    We prayed over things I never even knew bothered me until it was out, now I know what they mean by washed away!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry this is so long but I am filled with the love of Jesus.
    God Bless, Mary
    sorry I put the WRONG little guy up there by the subject (of all my messages to get it wrong on)[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2004]
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

That`s wonderful Mary. You sure had a comforting experience. Its so nice to never have to be alone with God as our best friend.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Sandy
  3. s-rose

s-rose New Member

Just wanted to let you know I had a similar experience.
    I try to make it to as many services as I can. I sit through some services and wonder how I'm going to make it to the end of the service because I am in so much pain so I didn't relize that I needed a wake up call to let me know he was still there. I did, he gave it to me and I felt such relief that day. He's always with us we just need to be reminded sometimes.

Love and prayers Susie Rose
  4. blessings

blessings New Member

I am so very happy for you!!! I know it is a struggle to get to church lots of times, but I am so glad you went-the Dear Lord drew you there to help you and show His love for you.

Isn't He worthy of all our Praise and love!!!!??

The Bible says, we love Him because He first loved us.

Hallelulia to the Lamb! All Glory and Honor is due His Holy name.

His magnificance is more than i can begin to wrap my mind and heart around.

I am so thankful for our God and Saviour Jesus Christ!

God Bless you , love, blessings