Powers of MUSIC when it comes to PAIN, need some articles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fight4acure, Jun 24, 2006.

1. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I read some articles before on the power of music when it comes to pain. In a study it said that people who come out of surgery often get better and quicker pain relief and need less pain meds when they listen to music in the recovery rooms, versus those who did not have music available. It stated further that music distracts the pain signals in the brain.

I personally know that music helps me far better than any meds have. It also helps my meds to kick in better.

Does anyone want to share some experiences with music having a positive affect on their pain?

I would really appreciate any articles on the powers of music in regards to lessening the amount of pain experienced, especially articles that talk of distracting pain signals, if anyone can find any.

Thank you very much!

Have a bad migraine today, but using ice cold wet rags on my head and neck, and I'm going to be getting a massage in a few hours, and I have taken pain meds, but the most helpful has been my music. It is distracting my mind from pain. My head is still burning up in pain, but not as bad now. Now only level 8 pain, instead of 10 plus.

:)